Australian Catholic University ranks among top 2 % universities worldwide, is home to over 31,200 students and 3,400 international students enrolled from 90 countries. ACU is Australia’s largest Catholic university, famous for its internationally renowned scholars and high quality education in Australia. The University offers over 110 degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate and research level.
Tuition fees for ACU programs range from AUD 19,500 - AUD 26,800 per semester. The university offers a range of scholarships including ACU International Student Scholarship and Global Excellence Scholarships. Ranked first in Australia for graduate employment, Australian Catholic University offers professional placements as part of degree programs. Graduates at ACU are offered the best job opportunities in Australia with an average salary of AUD 100,000.
Australian Catholic University Ranking
Australian Catholic University is highly renowned among top Australian Universities. 2021 rankings for the university include:
- #251-300 by Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021
- As per Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2021
- #54 in the world for positive impact on society.
- 2nd globally for good health and wellbeing.
- #17 globally for decent work and economic growth.
- #26 globally for gender equality.
- #67 globally for peace, justice and strong institutions.
- #73 globally for quality education.
- As per Shanghai Ranking, Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2021
- 18th in the world and #7 in Australia for nursing.
- Top 50 universities in the world and #3 in Australia for education.
- Top 150 universities in the world for psychology.
- Top 200 universities in the world for law.
To know more about rankings of Australian Catholic University, click here!
|Campus setting||Suburban and Urban|
|Number of programs||125|
|Annual Budget||3.151 Million AUD|
|Cost of attendance||Vary according to different courses|
|Female to male student ratio||73:27|
Australian Catholic University Programs
ACU offers a range of programs through its four faculties including Faculty of Education & Arts, Faculty of Health Sciences, Faculty of Law & Business and Faculty of Theology & Philosophy. Students can get enrolled in full - time, part-time, online or short courses in a variety of subjects.
- Australian Catholic University courses include disciplines like business, creative arts, humanities, information technology, public health and administration, philosophy and global studies.
- There are a total of 84 undergraduate courses offered by the Australian Catholic University in the areas of accounting and finance, biomedical science, and business administration etc.
- ACU offers 32 postgraduate courses to international students in the specific field such as educational leadership, health administration, technology and teaching along with graduate diplomas and certificates in different fields.
- There are 3 postgraduate research degree programs to become a specialist in a particular field and opportunity to research. Australian Catholic University offers two types of postgraduate research programs; masters by research or doctorate.
Top programs at Australian Catholic University:
|Program||Fees Per Annum (AUD)||Requirements|
|Bachelor Accounting and Finance||29,080||Australian year 12 qualification or Equivalent / International baccalaureate diploma|
|Bachelor of Nursing [B.N]||29,520||Applicants must have completed a Bachelor of Nursing and a GPA of at least 5.5 or equivalent.|
|Bachelor Creative Arts||24,104||Required equivalent of Australian year 12 Certificate|
|Bachelor of Education [B.Ed] (Primary and Secondary)||24,104||English Proficiency test- IELTS min. Of 7.0 in reading and writing, and a min. of 7.5 in listening and speaking|
|Bachelor Physiotherapy||39,472||Required equivalent of Australian year 12 in Science|
|Master of Education||24,104||Required equivalent of an Australian bachelor's degree|
|Master of Business Administration||32,000||Required equivalent of an Australian bachelor’s degree in any discipline or a Graduate certificate in a related discipline|
|Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership||12,052||Required Australian three year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent|
Australian Catholic University Campus
Australian Catholic University campuses exhibit a mixture of historic and modern buildings surrounded by wide lawns and hang-out areas. It has eight campus locations along with various research centres and learning hubs. Brisbane campus (McAuley at Banyo) is located near the heart of the city surrounded by a blue horizon, meandering rivers, parks and beaches.
- Adelaide campus: The newest campus of ACU is part of the Faculty of Theology and Philosophy.
- Ballarat campus: Nestled between the city centre and Lake Wendouree, Aquinas campus in Ballarat offers a range of onsite facilities.
- Blacktown campus: Opened for students in 2021, the inviting and inspiring campus is well-equipped with modern facilities for innovation learning.
- Canberra campus: Signadou campus in Canberra provides a range of on-campus facilities.
- Melbourne campus: Located near Fitzroy's eclectic shops and Carlton Gardens, St Patrick campus in Melbourne offers a range of technical facilities.
- North Sydney campus: MacKillop campus in Sydney offers various facilities along with peaceful grounds for students.
- Strathfield campus: Mount Saint Mary campus near the Blue Mountains and Central Coast, has a range of education facilities along with great beaches, parks and cafes.
- Rome campus: Located in the heart of Rome, just 5km from the Vatican, ACU offers various study opportunities in this ancient city.
Australian Catholic University Residence
Students in need of good residence in Brisbane can opt for Iglu Student Association. If students prefer independent rooms, then they can opt for private rental apartments and other options of accommodation in Australia.
- Iglu Student Accommodation provides the students with best accommodation entwined with off-campus lifestyle.
- It offers stylish, fully-furnished living space with mesmerizing communal areas in a secure environment.
- Room rent includes water, electricity or gas bills.
- Students are provided with amenities like the internet, fully furnished living space, bathroom, kitchen, shared lounge and secure swipe card access.
- Such private apartments don’t usually include furniture, utilities and food in rental fees.
Australian Catholic University Application Process
International students applying for Australian Catholic University admissions can choose among undergraduate courses, postgraduate courses, research, diploma and certificate degrees, pathway programs, executive education courses, single units, vocational and short courses, language courses, and online courses.
Application Form: International agent/submit in person at the office/directly online.
- Attach academic transcripts
- Work/project/academic experience (if any)
- Degree/diploma for PG admissions
- Official bank statement
- Letters of recommendation
- Copy of passport (photo page)
- Health/security checks
- Portfolio (required for particular courses)
- Statement of Purpose
For Research students:
- Research Proposal (1,000-2,000 words)
- Professional recognition (if any)
- Passport Referee Reports
English Proficiency Test score Requirements
International students must demonstrate English proficiency for admission to Australian Catholic University. Accepted test scores for English language requirements include:
Australian Catholic University Cost of Attendance
Cost of living for international students in Australia is 20,040 AUD per year. It includes rent, food, transport cost of living in Australia and other essential expenses. Details for cost of attendance at Australian Catholic University:
|Elements||Cost per week (AUD)|
|Phone and Internet||25-50|
|Electricity and gas||40|
Australian Catholic UniversityScholarships
Australian Catholic University provides financial aid to talented students in need during their course of study. International students can also apply for external scholarships to study in Australia. Various scholarships offered by ACU to the students are:
|ACU Academic Excellence Scholarship||5,000|
|ACU Centre for Liturgy Postgraduate Scholarship||Partial fee waiver|
|ACU Equity Scholarships||2,000|
|ACU International Student Scholarship||Partial fee waiver|
|ACU Law - Equity Scholarship||5,000|
|Allianz Global Assistance Scholarship||Partial fee waiver|
|Global Excellence Scholarships||5,000|
|Future Leaders Scholarship||120,000|
Australian Catholic University Alumni
Australian Catholic University has more than 119,000 alumni. Alumni have access to career support up to two years after their study with the help of Career Development Support offered by ACU. Alumni community helps in creating opportunities for the alumni as well as current students to stay connected and linked with their field of knowledge and prospective employment. Notable Alumni of Australian Catholic University are :
- Carmelina Marchetta – Writer of teen novels like Looking for Alibrandi and Saving Francesca.
- Justin Mark Madden – Australian politician and former Australian rules footballer.
- Deborah O’Neil – Senator for New South Wales since 2013.
- Ellie Cole – Australian Paralympic swimmer and wheelchair basketball player.
- Joe Barakat – Rugby Union coach
Australian Catholic University Placements
Australian Catholic University helps their graduates in their placement through career development service, and ACU alumni network. ACU graduates have access to the online job board and career resources available through ACU career hub throughout their life.
- 91% of ACU graduates were placed and 77% of them in full-time employment.
- Australian Catholic University career hub provides career- related services such as part-time, full-time, and casual jobs, graduate programs, volunteer opportunities, internships, and work experience and tutoring roles.
- ACU awarded five stars for full-time employment and has been recognised globally with five stars for employability by QS.
- Average salary for Australian Catholic University graduates & alumni is AUD 100,000 and for graduates from Bachelors of Arts degree is AUD 64,000.
Australian Catholic University houses various learning institutes, centres and faculties to provide internationally recognized education and world-class research. Ranked among the top universities in the world, Australian Catholic University is an affordable choice for international students.
Ques. What is the rank of Australian Catholic University?
Ans. ACU is ranked #251-300 in world rankings by THE 2021.
Ques. Does Australian Catholic University have campuses in Melbourne and Sydney?
Ans. Yes. ACU has MacKillop campus in Sydney and St Patrick campus in Melbourne.
Ques. How many campuses does Australian Catholic University have?
Ans. ACU has eight campuses across Australia; Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney (Blacktown, North Sydney, Strathfield).
Ques. What is the average tuition fee at Australian Catholic University?
Ans. Tuition fees at ACU ranges from AUD 19,500 - AUD 26,800.
Find A Program
Nearest Ranked Colleges
Australian Catholic University Reviews
Most Popular Tags
13 Reviews Found
ACU was originally a nursing/medical school, so they have very good facilities on campus that others don't have. It is also one of the closest to where I live. I had also heard many great things about the school and its facilities were certainly one of the main strong points about going there. This particular course also had placements in the good first year and another deciding factor.
The most common way to pay is with a bed debt that takes a small amount of money away from your income over time. There is also a fairly large fee with this. Any other fees such as studying abroad are added to this debt. The total cost came to roughly $20k. This didn't include any fees such as accommodation, food or staying abroad.
Since I really wanted to study in Brisbane, I only applied for colleges that are located in Brisbane city and ACU is one of those. Out of my first 4 preferences, ACU was the one that accepted my application. I also chose this uni as their graduates have a high employment rate and they have programs that help you find a location for your medical placements.
I am currently on a loan called HECS-HELP. There are a lot of scholarships available for International Applicants for all of their campuses. Specifically for international students, they need to pay their tuition at the start of the semester. However, if they change their mind, they can drop out before the census date without paying anything.
The Australian Catholic University, had a sister partnership with my high school, granting access to most students, it was also the only uni that offered a degree in exercise science, combined with a teaching degree. It offered my two preferred degrees in one.
The fee structure is all commonwealth supported meaning you can take the course now and pay later, I've only had one class within all my years at the college that has had an extra fee attached and that was only $300 which was very affordable and reasonable.
Great location, central to public transport, local cafes, shops, and parks. The facilities that ACU has top all other universities. The facilities represent clinical placement and act as a great learning source for all health science students.
Whilst attending university your fees are added to your account or HECS fund in which when you get a full-time job after university a small percentage is deducted from it until it is all paid for. Alternatively, you can pay for each semester upfront, rather than HECS.
The course design suited me best and the vibes from ACU were very inviting and professional. The location of the campus is very continent as well right in the city and people also said that it was a very good university for teaching.
The fees are as per usual. you can get help from HEX or you can pay up front. I believe the fees are reasonable and the university is very helpful in showing you how to pay.
I liked that it was a Christian University opening me up to teach at Christian's schools- when I went to do my masters in teaching degree. I also loved the professors we have at uni. They are humble and great to talk to.
University is expensive. I am paying mine through hex debt- as does basically everyone on Australia.
This college is the best for my degree. They offer hands on placement within the first few years of your my degree in which is ideal when entering a the teaching force. The university has a strong focus on ethics and not just intelligence in which I admire about the college.
I pay fees based on my units and these fees are HECsd. I also have to pay individual student fees in which go towards things like the up keeping of the college.
Firstly, the college is the only one that offers a double degree desired. It offers choices when it comes to Catholic accreditation. The location is also a bonus, especially when it comes to having to take public transportation.
Fees are given out prior to each semester. A month is given for fees to be paid with multiple notifications Claire to due time.
Highly regarded teaching courses, and a lot of recommendations from many different people who attend. Its location is perfect and the buildings are small and easily accessible. Also, I had many friends who went as well.
I received a HECS fund, something I don't have to pay off until I earn over a certain amount. I also had to buy a fair few books which didn't come cheap.
Really well know and well respected for nursing. They have really small classes which I really like as I am able to learn better and get more help from teachers if I need them. The lab areas are great and so realistic which really makes the learning so much better.
For my fee structure, you pay for each subject you do. I have put my feet onto a hex loan to be able to pay them off in the future.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary