University of Canberra is a public university situated in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory. Besides its campus in Bruce at Canberra, degrees can be pursued at several other locations such as Sydney, Melbourne, Queensland, or internationally in Hong Kong, China, India, Vietnam and Bhutan through its networking partners. The university nurtures around 14,000 students aspiring to pursue higher education in Australia through its five faculties of Arts & Design, Business, Government & Law, Education, Health and Science & Technology.
Programs offered by University of Canberra are devoted to innovation and research through work-integrated learning. It is one of the top 1% universities in the world as per Times Higher Education. Canberra university offers a number of funding options to study in Australia for international students such as the University of Canberra International Course Merit Scholarship which gives a 25% off on the total tuition fee amount.
University of Canberra Rankings
Some of the rankings for University of Canberra are given below:
- Ranked #184th in World University Rankings in Times Higher Education Rankings 2021.
- Ranked #101-200 in Impact Rankings 2021 by Times Higher Education 2021.
- Ranked #456th in Global Ranking by QS Top University Rankings 2021.
- Ranking by US News and World Report Rankings 2021:
- Ranked #604th in Best Global Universities
- Ranked #34th in Best Global Universities in Oceania
- Ranked #28th in Best Global Universities in Australia
- Ranked #340th for its Clinical Medicine program
- Ranked #402nd for its Environment/Ecology program
|Campus accommodation capacity||2500 beds|
|Academic calendar||Semester based|
|Total no. of Alumni||86,000|
|Cost of living||21,041 AUD|
|Total No. of students||14,000|
|Admission helpdesk||+61 2 6201 5111 or 11 Kirinari Street
Bruce ACT 2617
University of Canberra Programs
- Undergraduate, graduate, Ph.D. programs, diploma and other courses offered at Canberra University are accredited by various top agencies.
- The university offers 46 undergraduate courses in disciplines like Accounting, Law, Human Resource Management, Management, Marketing, Information Technology, Design, Economics, and Tourism, etc.
- Canberra offers 21 graduate programs in Public Administration, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, International Business, Marketing, Accounting and Law
- MBA offered at Canberra helps the students in developing high-level competencies relevant to different types of enterprises. It is taught in various specializations like Accounting, Human Resource, and Marketing, etc.
- The Executive MBA is specially created for aspiring future leaders looking to work in a high-level position. The course contents case studies and practical interactive sessions.
Top graduate courses at UC
|Course||Tuition fee (AUD)||Entry Requirements|
|Master Degree Course in Juris Doctor||36,000||Undergraduate degree or equivalent|
|Master of Arts in TESOL and Foreign Language Teaching||27,500||Undergraduate degree or equivalent|
|Master of Business Administration||36,000||Bachelor qualification, or equivalent
Three years' work experience
|Master of Clinical Psychology||41,600||A completed four year degree in psychology accredited by APAC
A GPA of 6.0 or higher in fourth year psychology honours
|Master of Physiotherapy||48,000||A completed bachelor degree in a health science discipline.
Degree level studies in musculoskeletal anatomy, advanced functional anatomy, physiology of exercise and biomechanics.
University of Canberra Campus
- Canberra university campus has a world-class infrastructure with open space and trees all around the campus.
- The campus location is easily accessible by public transport and is situated close to the city, convenient to shopping, cool cafes, events and markets with a social hub attracting students’ attention.
- The on-campus facilities include well-furnished classrooms, laboratories, research facilities, sports facilities, libraries, student spaces, University of Canberra hospital, parking facilities, accommodation facilities, the UC shop and Post Office, school locker and Mac1 Service, UC Refectories, UC Hair Salon and Canberra Body Piercing Clinic, gym, banking facilities, etc.
University of Canberra Residence
- There are two residence options available to the students of University of Canberra, viz., University approved accommodation or other student accommodations in Australia depending upon their preferences and budgets.
- The university also provides guaranteed accommodation to first year students, new and continuing international students.
- The university approved accommodation facilities contain 2500 beds each year for its students with a wide range of available options such as private studio apartments to 12 individual bedrooms in a multi-share apartment.
- The university provides housing through its four lodges, i.e., UC Lodge, Cooper Lodge, Weeden Lodge and Campus west with fully furnished rooms and all the basic amenities such as common areas, cooking facilities, private study rooms, theatre rooms, laundry services, a rooftop terrace, etc.
- Students who wish to live off-campus have various options available such as renting, sharing, motels, homestay, private rentals, Australian Institute of Sport, etc.
University of Canberra Application process
Application portal: Applicants can apply online through three options- direct application to the University, via an agent and through UAC international (after having certain qualifications)
Application Fee: No application fee is required for Canberra University admission.
- Proof of English Proficiency: English tests; transcripts and award certificates; and/or a letter from the institution stating the language of instruction (course-specific).
- Certified evidence of academic transcripts and award certificates.
- Subject Description.
- Working with vulnerable people information and application form (for background check).
- National police check application information (for background check).
- Statement of purpose
- Resume or CV
- References with their contact details
English Language Requirements at UC for international students
|TOEFL iBT||Overall score of 46|
|IELTS Academic||5.5 overall with no band score less than 5.0|
|Pearson Test of Academic English||42|
|Cambridge English Scale||162|
Note: For various undergraduate and graduate courses, there are some minimum qualifications and other requirements specific to particular courses. To see the course-specific requirements, applicants can visit the Official Requirements Page. The international students must apply to the earliest to have sufficient time to apply for Australian Student Visa.
University of Canberra Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance depends on the particular course which the applicant is pursuing. Let us have a look at the cost of living in Australia for international students:
|Type||Estimated expense (AUD)|
|Tuition Rates||26,700-35,000 for UG courses.|
|Rent||90 to 440|
|Groceries and eating out||140 to 280|
|Phone and Internet||15 to 30|
|Gas, electricity||10 to 20|
|Public transport||30 to 60|
|Car (after purchase)||150 to 260|
|Entertainment||80 to 150|
University of Canberra Financial Aid/ Scholarships
There are various scholarships to study in Australia for international students as financial aid to enable them to finance their studies. Applicants are needed to submit only one application which enables them to avail various scholarships for which they are eligible for. Some scholarships for international students are as below:
|Name of the Scholarship||Eligibility||Benefits|
|University Of Canberra International Course Merit Scholarship||International students applying to a bachelor or master's program in 2021 commencing semesters are eligible;
A score of 70% or GPA of 5 on a scale of 7 is needed in high school or college.
|25% of total tuition fee amount.|
|University Of Canberra International High Achiever Scholarship||Awarded to new commencing international students who are applying for admission to a Bachelor or Master degree coursework.
GPA of 6 on a scale of 7 or grade higher than 80%.
|20% of total tuition fee amount.|
|University Of Canberra International Alumni Scholarship||Awarded to new commencing international students who have completed their Bachelor degree at the University of Canberra and applying for admission to a UC Master degree coursework.||10% of total tuition fee amount.|
University of Canberra Alumni Network
- The University has a network of over 86,000 alumni from over 100 countries all over the world.
- The university provides various benefits exclusively to its alumni such as free library access, as a Guest lecture, webinars for personal and professional development, etc.
- The University’s distinguished alumni include:
- Yvonne Motisi (Marketing and Communications Executive SA of Company)
- Penelope Hanley (Author and film critic)
- Saad Mahmood (CEO of AEO Pakistan and the Honorary Consul General of Iceland)
- George Gregan AO (Rugby legend, philanthropist and UC Alumni)
- David King (Chemist)
University of Canberra Placements
- The university provides various internship and job opportunities in Australia through its Career HUB.
- The Career Hub advertises various casual jobs and also hosts internships, projects and placements for students.
- It also helps students in preparing for their careers by developing skills and knowledge through Work Integrated Learning.
- Students can also apply for on-campus casual or short-term jobs which would help them in enhancing their employability.
Some of the employment options along with average salary offered to the students of University of Canberra as per Emolument.com :
|Job Position||Average Salary (AUD)|
|Executive Management & Change||126,000|
|Marketing, Product & Communications||86,000|
|IT & Software Development||65,000|
|Logistics, Operations & Purchasing||55,000|
University of Canberra (UC) is ranked #1 in ACT for graduate employment (Good Universities Guide). It provides outstanding qualifications and job opportunities for international students in Australia. UC also houses leading research institutes; Institute for Applied Ecology (IAE) and the Institute for Governance and Policy Analysis (IGPA). UC has five faculties which offer various highly reputed courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level.
Ques. What is the admission process for international students to apply to the University of Canberra?
Ans. Students are required to apply through the UAC application portal by submitting all the required documents including transcripts of the previous study, professional experience (if any), financial statement, passport copy, and English proficiency proof.
Ques. What are the courses offered by the University of Canberra?
Ans. The University of Canberra offers 46 undergraduate programs, 21 graduate and 10 research programs. Undergraduate courses are offered in Accounting, Law, Human Resource Management, Management, Marketing, Information Technology, Design, Economics, and Tourism, etc.
Graduate programs are offered in Public Administration, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, International Business, Marketing, Accounting, and Law.
Ques. What is the eligibility requirement for admission in the Higher Degree Research program?
Ans. For admission in Higher Degree Research, the student must hold an undergraduate or graduate degree with honors along with research completion evidence.
Ques. Does the University of Canberra offer placement services?
Ans. The university offers placements through the Career Hub of the university. The Career Hub provides a number of jobs and internships along with on-campus casual and short term jobs.
Ques. What is the total student population at the University of Canberra?
Ans. The University of Canberra has a total of 14,000 undergraduate and graduate students enrolled.
Ques. What is the tuition fee for international students at the University of Canberra?
Ans. The tuition fee for undergraduate programs is AUD 32,300 and for graduate programs, the tuition fee is AUD 36,000 for international students.
Ques. Does the University of Canberra offer scholarships for international students?
Ans. The University offers merit-based scholarships for international students such as 25% off their tuition fees.
Students from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan and other Asian countries are required to have a minimum of 70% in high school to receive a bachelor scholarship and a minimum of 5 GPA on the scale of 7 or 65% in Bachelor's is required for a Master's scholarship.
It also offers high achiever scholarships to the new students on 20% of the tuition fees.
Find A Program
College Student Profiles
Nearest Ranked Colleges
University of Canberra Reviews
Most Popular Tags
4 Reviews Found
I got to know about the Canberra University from my Australian resident relative, who recommended me to opt for my bachelors at the University of Canberra. I had applied to the University through an online application form. I had also applied to several other Australian universities but studying at this university has been my first choice. I scored 92% in my 12th which helped me get through the admission process.
For this year I paid $30,200 as the total fee for my course.
Completed year 12 in the same city. Was and still am living with, and as I have no work experience and had and still have no income; couldn't afford to move out yet alone move to another city. The University of Canberra was the only university within my city that offered the course I was interested in.
There are two types of fees students are required to provide - amenities fees and their course fees (per semester). I myself am not currently paying off my uni fees until I have a steady and stable income when I am older with the help of HECS. Both domestic and international students have access to a wide range of scholarships in each faculty and due to different personal circumstances
I love the environment of the campus. You don't have much pressure from peers about studying hard and the degree is driven by you and not by pressure from your peers. Great facilities on campus, the accommodation is only minutes of walking away.
For my degree, the fee structure depends on how many units you do and how many Studio classes you attend plus the SSAF fees. Generally 4907 Aud but 100 dollars extra for art supplies and material required in the units.
Because it was the only university in the city/area that I wanted to study in that offered the particular degree that I want to do! So basically it was due to the limited availability of the degree in the area.
Australia has a thinker called HEX debt which means that the government pays for your university degree (like a student loan) and then you slowly play it off once you start working.
|University of Canberra||Australian National University|
|collegedunia score||4.4 Out of 10||6.9 Out of 10|
|ranking (overall)||# 170 Times Higher Education 2022 |
# 436 QS World University 2022
# 184 Times Higher Education 2021
|# 27 QS World University 2022 |
# 54 Times Higher Education 2022
# 31 QS World University 2021
|subject strength||# 170 for Business by Times Higher Education 2022 |
# 170 for Education by Times Higher Education 2022
# 170 for Dentistry by Times Higher Education 2022
|# 54 for Management by Times Higher Education 2022 |
# 54 for Agriculture by Times Higher Education 2022
# 54 for Engineering by Times Higher Education 2022
|programs||UG Programs -119|
PG Programs -34
Doctorate Programs -4
|UG Programs -54|
PG Programs -74
Doctorate Programs -50
|acceptance rate||43.0 %||35.0 %|
|exam score||GMAT - 675|
TOEFL - 99
PTE - 66
IELTS - 7.5
|GMAT - 700|
PTE - 66
TOEFL - 94
IELTS - 7.5
|cost to study||Average Tuition Fees INR 1657261.32|
[For UG Program]
Average Tuition Fees INR 1795794
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - INR 1589147.56 Per Year
|Average Tuition Fees INR 2353196.56|
[For UG Program]
Average Tuition Fees INR 2404876.76
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - INR 2106618.8 Per Year
|placement (average package)|
Overall employment rate: 89%, the graduate employment outcomes at UC are better than the national average (as per QILT’19). The university partners with EY, Xero, PWC, Deloitte, InstaClustr, and other industry giants.
Graduate Employability: #66,
Indian Students are required to have 65-89% scores for pursuing bachelor's depending on the course.
Accepting DET (Duolingo English Test) for 2021 entry, score required: 115, Interviews required
|collegedunia reviews||8.1/10 Read 4 reviews||8.4/10 Read 13 reviews|
|campuses and b schools||NA||College of Business and Economics, Australian National University|
|-||Read Full Comparison|
Semester 1 Deadlines
Semester 2 Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary