Government Chengalpattu Medical College is affiliated to the TN Dr.MGR Medical University. The college offers UG course, Pg course with multiple specializations under every course along with Para-medical and super-specialty courses. Admission to these courses is entrance based. Applicants seeking admission to the college may apply online. The institute is well equipped with all the facilities such as labs, the OPD department, library, auditorium, and so on with the motive of providing premier experience and learning to their students. It has also been bestowed with many achievements and their staff members have been awarded the “Best Doctor Award” many times.
Government Chengalpattu Medical College Highlights
|Institute type | Established||Government | 1965|
|Affiliation||TN Dr.MGR Medical University|
|Entrance accepted||NEET and NEET PG|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, Super-specialty, and Para-Medical|
Government Chengalpattu Medical College Courses
Government Chengalpattu Medical College runs a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate, Super-speciality, and Para-Medical Courses. Below given is a tabular representation of the same.
|MBBS||-||Qualified the 10+2 or equivalent examination as well as the NEET-UG entrance examination.||5.5 years|
|MD||Pathology||Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree and must qualify the NEET-(PG) examination||2-3 years|
|M.Ch.||Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery||Candidates must have qualified the PG course in the respective discipline.||3 years|
Government Chengalpattu Medical College also offers numerous Para-Medical courses such as B.Sc(N) Course, B.Sc Radiology & Imaging Technology, Ortho Technician, Nursing Assistant and many more. The duration of these courses lies between 1 to 4 years with 6- month internship.
Read more Chengalpattu Medical College Fees
Chengalpattu Medical College Admission
The admission process at Government Chengalpattu Medical College is done through online mode. Admission to all the courses is entrance based. Interested and eligible candidates are required to submit their application form. The application form can be filled online by following the below - listed steps
- Students are required to register themselves online on the official website of college for the course they wish to pursue.
- After registration and creating their login credentials, an OTP will be sent to the registered number.
- Candidates are to fill in their personal, academic, and professional details correctly.
- After the successful registration candidates are required to Scan and upload all documents along with a passport size photo and signature. The size of the photo must not be more than 50KB and that of signature must not be more than 20KB.
Government Chengalpattu Medical College Placement
Since the Government Chengalpattu Medical College is attached to the hospital, students get hands-on training and experience. The college offers a 1-year internship to all its students. They are also paid a stipend of INR 20,000 for the same. The placement opportunities after passing out are great and almost all students get placed in well-known hospitals.
Chengalpattu Medical College Scholarships
Government Chengalpattu Medical College offers scholarships to students belonging from SC/ST/OBC category or for students belonging to economically backward classes. Since it is a government college, students can also apply to other State/Central government scholarship schemes.
Government Chengalpattu Medical College Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the Government Chengalpattu Medical College to cater to the needs of the students as well as faculty members:
- Library: The institute has a well-maintained library that has a vast collection of books and journals for students to refer from.
- Hostel: The institute has the facility for hostel accommodation. Both girls’ and boy’s hostels are separate.
- Canteen: It also has a canteen that serves the best quality food at pocket-suitable rates.
- Gym: As a space for refreshment and keeping oneself fit, the institute also has a gymnasium installed.
- Auditorium and classrooms: They also have a 750-seater auditorium and classrooms for students to study in.
Chengalpattu Medical College Faculty
The faculty of Government Chengalpattu Medical College is highly qualified and trained to make sure that the students of this college turn into well-skilled and knowledgeable professionals. All of the teachers are trained medical doctors with experience. The faculty team also takes part in various workshops, seminars, and has also received awards for their contributions to their fields. Many of them have also won the “Best Doctor Award” from various agencies.
Government Chengalpattu Medical College FAQs
Ques. When can I apply for the courses?
Ans. You can apply to the UG courses after the results for NEET-(UG) are announced and the institute releases the admission link. The same goes for the PG courses.
Ques. What are the documents required for admission into 1st year M.B.B.S.?
Ans. Following are the documents required :
- Allotment letter of college
- College Fees or Demand Draft for the same
- Admit Card of NEET-(UG) exam
- NEET Mark sheet
- 10+2 Mark sheet & Pass Certificate (CBSE & Other Board Students)
- Community Certificate (Not for OC)
- Nativity, Migration, Hepatitis B Vaccination, and Eligibility Certificate
Ques. What are the documents required for PG admission?
Ans. Following are the documents required :
- Entrance Examination Hall ticket & Mark Sheet
- CRRI Certificate
- Relieving Letter (Service Candidate) Re-allotment Letter (Other College Students)
- MBBS Degree Certificate / PG Degree Course / PG Diploma Certificate.
- Medical Registration / Addl. Qualification Regd. Certificate
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Certificate
- 10+2 Mark Sheet for Age Proof.
- Eligibility Certificate
- Migration Certificate for other than TN MGR Medical University Candidate.
- Selection Committee /All India Quota Allotment Letter.
- Three sets of attested Xerox copies of all Certificates.
- Colour Passport size Photo – 4
- Transfer Certificate
- Aadhaar Card Xerox, Bank Pass Book, PAN Card Xerox
Ques.What are the facilities available in the hostel?
Ans. Apart from a bed and other necessities, the hostel also offers a library, internet facility, and TV room for recreation.
Ques. How many hostels are there?
Ans. There are 2 boy’s hostels and 3 girl’s hostels. There are also separate hostels for CRRI and PG students.