Started off as a medical school in Lahore in 1864, the Government Medical College was later relocated to Amritsar and has since developed a stellar reputation for itself. Affiliated to the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, it is also attached to a renowned hospital which further enhances the quality of programs offered.
- Selection of candidates to the institute is done on the basis of merit.
- The performance in the entrance examination is the deciding factor, with slight weightage given to past academic performance.
- Candidates can qualify through the Punjab Medical Entrance Test or the test conducted by AIIMS.
- Application forms are available online on the official university website as well as in person at the university office.
- For undergraduate courses, candidates must have appeared for the entrance examination and have passed the 10+2 level.
- Reservation is in accordance with the regulations of the Government of India.
Government Medical College, Amritsar Admission Highlights 2020
|Name of the University||Government Medical College (Amritsar)|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance-based|
|Last Date to Apply||To be Announced|
|Application Mode||Online / Offline|
|Name of Entrance Examination||PMET / AIIMS|
|Counselling Date||Announced at the time of merit list|