Kasturba Medical College (KMC) was established in the year 1953 in Mangalore, Karnataka. The college is affiliated to the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Karnataka.
Kasturba Medical College (KMC) offers MBBS, MD, MS, and M.Sc. in various disciplines of sciences. The institute also offers a year-long Fellowship in Geriatrics.
- The application process conducted by Kasturba Medical College is online.
- For admission in MBBS, the candidate must have passed 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together.
- At the UG level, the institute also offers over 15 UG electives for a duration of 4 weeks.
- For admission in MD and MS, the candidate must have secured a Bachelor's Degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) with the one year of Compulsory Rotatory Internship obtained through the (10+2)+5 system from any of the recognized University with minimum 50% marks.
- The selection of the candidates in MBBS, MD and MS are based on the NEET PG score.
- For admission in M.Sc. the candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree in MBBS/ BAMS/ BHMS/ B.Pharm/ BPT/ BDS/ B.Sc. Nursing through the (10+2) +4 or 5 system from any of the recognized University with minimum 50% marks.
- The selection in these courses is based on the entrance exam, MET.
- For foreign and NRI candidates, the admission is solely based on the result of the entrance exams.
Highlights of Kasturba Medical College (KMC) Admissions 2020
|Name of the Institute||Kasturba Medical College|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Name of the Entrance||NEET – For MBBS/ MD/ MS ; MET – For M.Sc.|