Maharaja Institute of Medical Education and Research (MIMER) Pune is a medical college, widely known as MIMER Medical College, located in Talegaon, Pune. The Institute was established in 1995 and is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik. The Institute is recognized by the Medical Council of India. Apart from this, MIMER has been accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade. It offers MBBS, MS, and MD courses to the candidates. Admission to MBBS course will be on the basis of NEET UG Entrance Exam whereas admission to the MS and MD exam will be on the basis of NEET PG Exam.
Check MIMER Admission
|Type of Courses||UG and PG|
|Entrance Test||NEET UG and NEET PG|
|How to Reach||800 m from Talegaon Railway Station|
MIMER Courses and Admission
The Institute offers MBBS Program at the Undergraduate level and MS and MD at the Postgraduate level. The Institute currently offers four specializations in MS program and seven specializations in MD program.
Course 1: MBBS
Admission to the MBBS program will be on the basis of marks acquired by the candidate in 10+2 in Science Stream with English as the main subject.
- Minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology are mandatory.
Selection to the program is based on marks/rank scored by the candidate in NEET UG followed by the counseling conducted by the Director of Medical Education and Research (DMER).
Fee Structure: INR 84,0290 for Government Quota and INR 3,82,0425 for Institutional Quota including NRI
Course 2: MS and MD
MIMER offers four specializations under MS Program and seven specializations under the MD program. Applying candidate must have obtained an MBBS degree with Minimum 50% marks overall. Selection will be made on the basis of rank secured in NEET PG exam by the candidate. Final selection of the program will be made by DMER counseling.
Fee Structure: INR 8,00,000
The Institute provides 15% reservation for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST, 27% for OBC, and 3% for Physically Handicapped students.
Also, Check MIMER Fees Structure
Following are the financial aids provided by the Institute to deserving and meritorious students:
- Government Merit Scholarship: Deserving students are awarded National Merit and Other Govt. scholarships. Concession in tuition fee is given to the backward class students belonging to S.C., N.T., S.T. V.J.N.T. Classes.
- Prof. Dr. Vishwanath D. Karad Award: This award is given to the best outgoing student of MIMER Medical college.
- Dr. B.B. Dikshit Memorial: This will be awarded to a student who will maintain first rank in Physiology.
- Krish Kumar Verma Memorial: This award is given to regular student holding the first rank in Anatomy.
- Award for Students of Physiotherapy: Students holding first and second rank in college in the final year University examination will be awarded.
- Awards for Rank holders: A cash prize and a certificate of merit is awarded to the students holding first rank in college, in University Examination in MBBS course.
- Central Computer Centre: The center has 200 computers in the various departments and sections connected by LAN.
- Library: The central library has over 12400 medical books, 135 journals, foreign 65, Indian 70 and regular subscriptions of Indian and Foreign Journals. The library also has a spacious floor are with separate reading room.
- Internet Facility: The lab has full internet facility with the latest computer systems available for students and staff members.