Osmania Medical College or OMC is a 172 year old institution situated in Hyderabad,Telangana. The college is affiliated to Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences. It offers various courses which includes MBBS at UG level and M.S, M.D, Diploma, PG Diploma, D.M and M.Ch at PG level.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 are eligible for admission in MBBS course.
- Admission to MBBS is based on the NEET UG exam.
- For courses such as M.S, M.D, Diploma and PG Diploma, candidates must have a MBBS degree with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- Selection of candidates for M.S and M.D is done on the basis of NEET PG exam.
- OMC conducts a written exam for granting admission in Diploma and PG Diploma programs.
- The eligibility criteria for D.M and M.Ch courses are M.D/DNB and MS/DNB in relevant disciplines respectively.
- Admission to both the courses is based on NEET-SS examination.
- Candidates can fill the online application form in order to apply for the college.
Moreover, Osmania Medical College has MoUs with local hospitals and clinics in Hyderabad to place its students in full-time jobs. According to student reviews, over 65% of MBBS graduates in OMC acquired jobs through campus placements in leading hospitals and firms. OMC also offers internship opportunities after MBBS with a stipend ranging from INR 12,000 to INR 15,000.
The Outlook India magazine ranks OMC as the 16th Best Medical College in India and The Week magazine and the India Today magazine ranks OMC as the 21st Best College to study medicine in India.
Osmania Medical College Admission Highlights 2020
Details below for those interested to apply for admissions in OMC, Hyderabad
|Name of the institute||Osmania Medical College|
|Also known as||OMC|
|All India rank||32|
|Type of Institute||Public|
|Affiliated To||Kaloji Narayan Rao University of Health Sciences, Warnagal, Telangana|
|Courses offered||MBBS, M.D, M.S, DM and PG Diploma|