The Bapatla Engineering College is an Autonomous institution and is one of the seven educational institutions that are sponsored by the Bapatla Education Society. It is affiliated to Acharya Nagarjuna University and was established in 1981 with a vision to impart quality technical education.
The college offers B.Tech. Programmes in 8 branches of Engineering. Admission to the B.Tech. program can be done through AP-EAMCET or JEE Main.
Candidates seeking admission to the M.Tech. program have to appear for the AP PGECET or the GATE to be selected for the course. Admission to the M.Sc. program is granted on the basis of merit.
Admission to MCA will be granted solely on the basis of the candidate’s performance in AP-ICET.
The college has great Infrastructure facilities and competent Human Resources and BEC is named as one of the best institutions in Andhra Pradesh. BEC is the first college that is offering Virtual classrooms and E-Classrooms for the students.
Every year a lot of companies visit our campus to recruit our students. They were inspired by the college’s unique infrastructure and qualities. The college placement committee is aware about Current Industry trends and are training the students to adapt the same.
Bapatla Engineering College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1981 | Private|
|Affiliation||Acharya Nagarjuna University|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, M.Tech, MCA and M.Sc|
|Entrance Exam||B.Tech: JEE Main, AP EAMCET; M.Tech: GATE, AP PGECET; MCA: AP ICET|
|Facilities||Library, Hostal, Transport|
|Top Recruiters||IBM, Wipro, Trimax, Cognizant and TCS|
BEC Guntur Ranking and Achievements
- This College is one of the few Engineering Colleges in Andhra Pradesh, which is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
- The College became AUTONOMOUS in the academic Year 2010 - 11.
- The Institution of Engineers (India) accredited 8 B. Tech. programmes offered by the college based on the recommendations of the 6-member sub committee of senior Professors from IISc, Bangalore constituted by it. Further, the Ministry of Surface Transport recognized the Mechanical Engineering Course of the College. In addition to this, the college is also registered with Dept. of Scientific & Industrial Research for the purpose of availing Customs duty exemption.
- The college is selected as a Network Institute for the Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP) of the Ministry of Human Resources Development and the World Bank.
- A whopping amount of Rs. 11.81 crores was granted to the college under this programme.
- About 75-80% of the students get either placements or secure admission for higher studies (M.Tech. within the country at IITs and other reputed institutes or M.S. in foreign universities) every year
BEC Guntur Courses
Bapatla Engineering College provides the students with mainly four courses, B.Tech, M.Tech, MCA and M.Sc, with as many as 20 specializations under them.
|B.Tech.||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with PCM.
Specializations: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics And Instrumentation Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering. Entrance examination: AP EAMCET, JEE Main
|M.Tech.||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: B.Tech degree.
Specializations: CAD/CAM, Communications & Signal Processing, Computer Science & Engg., Power System Engineering, Structural Engineering. Entrance examination: AP PGECET, GATE.
|M.Sc.||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
Specializations: Maths, Electronics, Computer Science, Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Physics
|M.C.A.||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Graduate degree; candidate should have studied Mathematics in 10+2 or college.
Specialization: Computer Application. Entrance: AP ICET
|Polytechnic||Eligibility: 10th pass.
Specializations: Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering.
Read More: BEC Guntur Courses & Fee
BEC Guntur Admissions
For selection to the B.Tech course, candidates have to take either the AP EAMCET or JEE Main.
Selection to the M.Sc course is based on merit.
Candidates who have cleared the eligibility criteria for M.Tech have to take the AP PGECET or the GATE to be selected for the course.
For selection in the MCA course, candidates have to take the AP ICET exam.
Read More: BEC Guntur Cut-Offs
How to Apply?
To apply for admission, the candidates must visit the official website of the respective exam conducting authority. Students can only apply online.
Registration for AP EAMCET starts in February, while that for AP PGECET starts in early March. Applications for AP ICET are typically available from March to mid-April. JEE Main is conducted twice a year; the registrations take place from April to May, and September to November. GATE registrations take place from September to October.
Read More: BEC Guntur Admissions 2020
BEC Guntur Placements
The Training & Placement Cell is committed to provide all possible assistance to the graduate and post-graduate students to secure employment in multinational companies and other reputed organizations and industries.
The Training & Placement Cell extends its services round the year and facilitates to establish contacts between companies and students. This Cell helps the students to improve skills in related fields (soft skills, resume preparation, practice for interviews, etc) and career guidance. Frequently this cell conducts a number of mock tests to improve the performance in written examinations. The aim is to ensure that students have the information and skills necessary for an effective job search.
Bapatla Engineering College has an impressive placement record. Its Computer Science and Engineering department and Mechanical Engineering department lead in this field. 75% students of Computer Science and 87% students of mechanical branch get placed easily. The highest package that has been offered is near 8 lakh rupees per year. The recruiters include companies like IBM, Wipro, Trimax, Cognizant and Tata Consultancy Services.
Read More: BEC Guntur Placements
BEC Guntur Scholarships
The college does not offer any scholarship, but there are many Scholarships for Engineering Students offered by Government, private bodies and NGOs to Engineering students of the Country.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship:
- MOMA Scholarship- Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Engineering Students
- IOCL Scholarship
- ONGC Scholarship for SC/ST Students
- 3 Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for College & University Students
- North South Foundation Scholarship
- LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship
Merit Based Scholarships:
- Central Sector Scholarship ( By MHRD)
- UGC Scholarship for Rank Holders
- NEST Scholarship
- IET India Scholarship
- NTPC Scholarship (Only for SC/ST & PH Candidates)
- OP Jindal Engineering & Management Scholarship (OPJEMS)
- Aditya Birla Scholarship
Read More: BEC Guntur Scholarships
BEC Guntur Facilities
Library: Acclaimed as the one of the biggest Libraries with 22,000 sq. ft. area in the State, The Central Library of BEC has been playing a vital role as Information Centre catering to the Academic and learning needs of the faculty and Students alike since inception. The facility is serving the student fraternity ranging from undergraduate to Masters and ultimately aiding the Research stratum of Bapatla Engineering College.
Bank: BEC is provided with a State Bank of India that saves time and energies of students and staff to conduct monetary transactions. The students can pay their college fees of various kinds in this extension centre without a need to travel back to the bank in the town. The SBI has added to a new facility to BEC students by providing ONLINE banking facility enabling them with 24/7 access to Banking services
Food Court: A hygienic, well-furnished and well-equipped canteen is available in the campus to provide food at subsidized rates for the staff and students. Purified drinking water is supplied in the college, hostel and canteen
Transportation: The college has been providing a commuting facility to its staff and students with notable subsidized fares. The transportation facility is handled with an efficient fleet of 11 buses punctually running from Bapatla to College from morning to late evening on all working days.
Post Office: The college campus also houses a post office to cater to the mail needs of students and staff. The students can save their precious time by using services of this on campus post office to send applications for higher education and mailing DDs and other allied postal services
Sports: spacious playgrounds and other amenities for diverse sports such as cricket, tennis, volleyball, basketball, shuttle badminton etc., and athletics are made available on the campus.
Other facilities: -
BEC Guntur Faculty
Bapatla Engineering College has a very experienced and well qualified set of faculties. The institute comprises more than a hundred full-time professors and more than fifty part-time professors. They focus on imparting their knowledge to the students to make them academically strong and they also frame the students for delivering the best to the world outside the institute.
Some of the faculty are:
Dr. J. S. Rao
- Designation - Professor & Hod, Department Of Chemical Engineering
- Qualification - M.Tech , Ph.D
- Academic Experience - 30 Years
Dr. T. Chandra Sekhar Rao
- Designation - Professor, Department Of Civil Engineering
- Qualification - M.Tech, Ph.D
- Academic Experience - 27 Years
Dr. N. Rama Gopal
- Designation - Professor, Department Of Chemical Engineering
- Qualification - M.Tech, Ph.D
- Academic Experience - 15 Years
Dr. Ch. Nagasatish Kumar
- Designation - Hod & Professor, Department Of Civil Engineering
- Qualification - M.Tech, Ph.D
- Academic Experience - 17 Years
Read More: BEC Guntur Faculty
Ques. What is the placement scenario at Bapatla Engineering College?
Ques. Does Bapatla Engineering College offer scholarships?
Ques. What are the accreditations of Bapatla Engineering College?
Ques. Does the college consist of a Center of Excellence?
Ques. Is the infrastructure good?