Hindusthan College of Engineering and Technology (HCET), one of the leading Engineering colleges in Tamilnadu was established in 2000 by the great industrialist and philanthropist, Thiru. T. S. R. Khannaiyann. The main objective of the college is to educate and prepare men and women for leadership in the industry, government, and educational institutions; to advance the knowledge base of the engineering professions, and to influence the future directions of engineering education and practice. It is situated in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses.
- Approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to Anna University of Technology
- Accredited with “A” Grade by NAAC
- ISO 9001:2008 certified institute
- Department of Automobile Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Aeronautics Engineering
|Popular Courses||BE, MBA, MCA, ME|
|Entrance Exam||TNEA, TANCET|
|BE/ B.Tech||Computer Science, Electronics and Communications, Mechanical, Information Technology, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Information Technology, Food Technology, Civil Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation, Automobile Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Agriculture Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||Passed in 10+2 in Science with at least 45% (40% for reserved category) aggregate marks|
|MBA||-||Graduate with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category candidates) in the relevant discipline|
|ME||Communication Systems, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communications, CAD/ CAM||B.E/ B.Tech degree in a relevant discipline is required|
Click here: HCET Courses
- The application forms can be filled through offline and offline mode.
- Admission to B.E program is granted on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination followed by Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA).
- For MBA, M.Tech and MCA programs, the admission will be granted on the basis of Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) score.
Click here: HCET Admission
Tabulated below is the recent TNEA cutoff for admission to HCET:
|BE Aeronautical Engineering||1396-1396|
|B.Tech Chemical Engineering||8066-8066|
|BE Biomedical Engineering||8172-8172|
Click here: HCET Cutoff
The institute provides the following scholarships to deserving students:
Scholarships applicable for B.Tech/ B.E Courses:
% of Marks Scored
% of Scholarships for Tuition Fee
Applications are invited for the Scholarship examination. Under this exam, scholarships will be awarded solely on the MERIT basis, to candidates who qualify prescribed exam:
|Concession||185 & Above||180-184.75||175-179.75|
|Tuition fee and Hostel Accommodation||100%||50%||30%|
Ques. Does the institute provide accommodation facilities?
Ans. The institute offers accommodation to female and male students in separate hostels. All necessary facilities for residence are provided.
Click here: HCET Hostel
Ques. What is the course curriculum of M.E (CAD/ CAM)?
Ans. The institute offers a two-year post-graduate M.E course in CAD/ CAM keeping in mind the growing importance of application of computers in the field of Mechanical Engineering. The course teaches the students how to apply the computer tools in the creation, design, improvement, analysis of mechanical products, processes and systems, and in the field of manufacturing. The students specialize the subjects like Computer-Aided Design, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, and Finite Element Analysis, etc.
Ques. Can I get admission based on the entrance test alone?
Ans. Depending on the admission criteria, the admission will be based on merit in the entrance test or marks in the qualifying examination. However, all candidates must fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements.
Ques. Can I be employed during my course?
Ans. No, these are full-time programs. You will not be able to take on any paid employment through the duration of the program.
Ques. Why should I join HCET Coimbatore?
Ans. The following are the key benefits to join HCET:
- Hindusthan College of Engineering and Technology presently offers 11 BE, 2 B.Tech and 5 M.E and MBA, MCA Programs.
- State of the art laboratories is attached to all departments.
- Teaching Faculty: 265, Technical and Supporting Staff: 120.
- No.of Ph.Ds: 36, Faculty currently pursuing Ph.D.: 50, 229 Masters Degree Holders.
- Well stocked library with over 73,070 Volumes, 16,338 Titles and 197 National & 1775 International journals.
- Internet facilities of 190 Mbps leased line available in the campus with lines to Hostel and Library, optical fiber connectivity and Wi-Fi Technology
- Sophisticatedly designed computer labs with 1800 computers on LAN and WAN.
- Hindusthan sports facilities include a standard 400-meter track ground for athletics, various outdoor and indoor games and Multi GYM Facility. Post Office, City Union Bank, Canara Bank Extension Counter with ATM Centre are also in the functioning in the campus.