Institute of Technical Education and Research, also known as ITER Bhubaneswar, is a private institute affiliated to SOA University. This institute was established in 1996 and is UGC and AICTE approved.
ITER Bhubaneswar has a total of 7 Engineering departments for B.Tech under the umbrella of its undergraduate programs and also offers other lateral courses in the field of engineering. Whereas for the PG level, the institute offers M.Tech, the college also offers various other courses MBBS, BCA, MBA and MDS. In addition to this, the University also offers Ph.D. courses in this certain subject.
Admissions to all courses are based on SAAT entrance scores. For doctoral courses, admissions are written test and interview based.
ITER Bhubaneswar Highlights
|Established | Institutional Type||1996 | Private|
|Affiliated to||SOA University|
|Approved by||UGC, AICTE|
|Entrance exam||JEE Mains/ SAAT/ GPAT/ GATE/ NEET|
|Course offered||UG, PG, Diploma and Doctoral Courses|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech and M.Tech|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Major Recruiters||Amazon, Bosch, CapGemini, Accor Hotels|
|Facilities Available||Auditorium, Computer Lab, Library, Medical Facilities, Sports, Cafeteria, Laboratories, Hostel|
|Official Website||ITER Bhubaneswar|
ITER Bhubaneswar Courses
|Lateral Entry MCA||
Read More: ITER Bhubaneswar Courses & Fees
ITER Bhubaneswar Admissions
The admissions to courses in the First-Year level are through a National Level Common Admission Test [SAAT]. The colleges have the right to reserve seats under the state quota.
- The college also accepts admission via JEE (Mains)/National Level Examination/State level examinations for B.Tech programs whereas admission criteria for M. Tech Courses is based on the GATE score
- There are also seats reserved for candidates who belong to Schedule Caste and Scheduled Tribe, 15% and 7.5% respectively.
- 3% of the seats in the engineering/ technology / MBA/ HMCT/ MCA/ Pharmacy/ Biotechnology/ Nursing is reserved for physically disabled (PH) and 30% of the seats in the institute are reserved for women candidates.
- Candidates who have passed the 10th with science subjects can also apply for diploma courses offered by the college. These candidates need to compulsorily sit in the SAAT exams.
- Admission to the medical courses offered by the institute i.e. MBBS and BDS are done through NEET examination whereas GPAT scores are acceptable for M.Pharm admissions.
- In case of Doctoral Programs, the admission shall be based on the marks secured in the written examination and interview.
- Date birth (SCC/Matriculation or Equivalent certificates)
- Provisional certificate, Postgraduate Degree/M. Phil. Degree as applicable.
- Transfer and Conduct certificate from the School or institute that the candidate has last studied.
- NET/ ICMR/ GATE/ GPAT/ SLET etc. valid scores, if applicable
- Migration certificate
- Date of Birth (SCC/ Matriculation or equivalent Certification).
- Integrated community certificate issued by the competent authority if the candidate is eligible for SC/ST category.
- Medical Certificate and Physical Fitness certificate.
- No objection certificate and Service certificate
- Transfer and Conduct certificate
Read More: ITER Bhubaneswar Admission
ITER Bhubaneswar Placements
The placement cell of ITER has made an impeccable impression on the industry by forcing a right balance between academics and industry. The placement cell headed by the professors tries its best to provide the students with the best available opportunities in the industries. In the current year there were 91% students placed from the institute. The highest package offered by the recruiters was 6 LPA whereas the average package acquired by the students is INR 2-3 LPA. Below mentioned are the top recruiters of the institute:
|Adobe Systems||Hexaware||Just Dial|
|Karvy||IBS Software||Adya Smart Metering Pvt. Ltd|
|Deloitte||Celogen Lifescience & Technology Pvt. Ltd.||Cognizant|
|Hyatt||Highradius||Hilton Hotels & Resorts|
|L&T Technology Services||IBM||Infosys|
|QuisLex Legal Process Excellence||Nestle||OYO|
|Tata consultancy Services||Reliance Industries Limited||TAJ hotels-Palaces-Resorts-Safaris|
|Wipro||Tech Mahindra||Tek System|
Read More: ITER Bhubaneswar Placement
ITER Bhubaneswar Scholarships
The college provides scholarships to its students and the qualified students for scholarships can apply for it at the beginning of the academic year. The scholarships are applicable as follows:
- Fee concession for the economically weaker section of the society.
- For B.Tech and B.Tech Lateral Entry students, the scholarship criteria is as follows:
|Percentage in 10th and +2 exam/ Percentage in 10th and Diploma(for LE)||Scholarship P.A Upto|
|More than 90%||INR 35,000|
|More than 80%||INR 25,000|
|More than 70%||INR 15,000|
- Scholarship upto INR 10,000 per annum for BCA students securing more than 60% in both 10th and +2 exam.
- Scholarship upto INR 12,500 per annum for MCA students securing more than 60% in both 10th and +2 exam.
Read More: ITER Bhubaneswar Scholarships
ITER Bhubaneswar Facilities
The facilities provided by the institute are as follows:
- Hostel: ITER Bhubaneswar provides separately supervised hostel amenity for boys and girls. Each hostel comes with its own dedicated warden staff and a watchman. The campus provides 10 boys hostels and 3 hostels for girls. The fee for the hostel in total is INR 44000 per year the. The cost for food facility amounts to INR 30,000 per year.There are also numerous PG, Hostel and rental available for its students.
- Library: The college library is well equipped, and text and reference books are provided to the students in large numbers so that the students don’t have any problems with the study materials.
- Sports facility: The college includes a Department of Physical education with a well experienced Professor-in-charge when it comes to sports facilities.
- Auditorium: The college provides other facilities such as Auditorium, for cultural events and seminars.
- Gym: The campus provides students with gym facilities within the campus itself.
- Cafeteria: There is a cafeteria provided for both students and faculties within the premises of campus.
Read More: ITER Bhubaneswar Facilities
ITER Bhubaneswar Faculty
The faculty team of the ITER Bhubaneswar is an excellent and well qualified professional. The faculty tries to integrate the practice and theory with their real-life experience so as to provide the students with better understanding of the concept.
Regular research work takes place under the guidance of faculty. Faculty also encourages students to participate more in various extracurricular activities and other social awareness programs. The college has more than a dozen professors and assistant professors to impart quality education to students.
Read More: ITER Bhubaneswar Faculty
ITER Bhubaneswar FAQs
Ques. Is ITER Bhubaneswar a government aided college?
Ques. How many courses does ITER Bhubaneswar offer?
Ques. What are the annual fees of the Undergraduate programs in ITER Bhubaneswar?
Ques. When was the college, ITER Bhubaneswar established and where is it located?
Ques. Is the admission process at ITER Bhubaneswar online?
Ques. What are the admission criteria for ITER Bhubaneswar?
Ques. How is the placement at ITER Bhubaneswar?