Narasaraopeta Engineering College (NEC), established in 1998, is located in Guntur. It was sponsored by Gayatri Educational Development Society. The college is affiliated with Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada and accredited by NBA. It has an autonomous-institution status accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade. NEC has strong links with some of the biggest peer universities and institutes, and companies at the national and international levels, which in return help in enhancing the research quality and enriching its educational programs. The college offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses namely B.Tech and M.Tech under various specializations.
Narasaraopeta Engineering College Courses
The college strives towards achieving this mission by providing a world-class education to our students and preparing them to become the new-age leaders. It provides multi-disciplinary courses with a focus on both academic and research skills. NEC is driven by the purpose of providing a unique learning environment to its students, faculty, and staff. This enables them to innovate, examine, preserve and spread the knowledge, values, and wisdom.
Listed below are some of the popular courses offered by the college:
- B.Tech – Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Technology
- M.Tech – Thermal Engineering, Machine Design, Digital Systems & Computer Electronics, Power & Industrial Drives, Structural Engineering, Digital Electronics and Communication Systems, Computer Science and Engineering
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
Click here NEC Courses
Narasaraopeta Engineering College Admissions
NEC admissions are done on the basis of marks obtained in the relevant entrance examination. Candidates seeking admission in B.Tech must have passed AP EAMCET exam. However, students can also take admission through management quota, based on marks in their intermediate graduation.
Narasaraopeta Engineering College Achievements
The college is seeking the latest input and working closely with all the industrial sectors and Society for the continuous upgradation of the quality of education. With the following achievements in their hands, NEC is emerging as the leading engineering college in Andhra Pradesh.
- Became a member of ICT Academy
- Recognition from MSME Business Incubation/Host Institution
- Recognized AP CM’s Skill Excellence Centre
- Artificial Intelligence Centre of Excellence
- Recognized Remote centre by NMEICT – IIT Bombay
Narasaraopeta Engineering College Facilities
NEC’s main objective is to keep pace with the evolving technology and professional trends in order to prepare its students for the competitive world. The college strengthens cultural understanding among the students by providing various on-campus opportunities. With world-class facilities, the Institute strives to create a favorable environment for the students as well as staff members. Below mentioned are some of the amenities provided by the college.
- Library: The central library provides excellent resources and innovative services to the students for both academic and research purposes. It has a collection of 56,340 books with 7,318 titles of Engineering, Management, Science, and Humanities. The library has the facility of Online journals, 1100 video courses, AICTE-INDEST journals, and magazines. It also has internet facility with its own sub-LAN connectivity of 40 Mbps.
- Hi-Tech Classrooms: The college has set up smart classrooms to enable Hi-tech learning for the students. These smart classrooms consist of a digital board attached to computers with a multi-media projector. This enables the faculty members to impart high-quality education to the students. NEC follows “Hybrid Learning System” that helps the students to establish a better connection with the instructors.
- Hostel: The college has a separate hostel for both boys and girls within the premises of the college. The rooms are fully furnished with 24*7 Wi-Fi internet connectivity, mess facilities, security cameras, and laundry facility as well.
- Transportation: NEC provides full-fledged transport department functioning in the college that takes care of the commutation of our day-scholars, faculty members and staff.
Narasaraopeta Engineering College Placement
The college has a dedicated placement cell which looks after the employment needs of the students. It not only organizes guest lectures from industry experts but also provide personal guidance for students contemplating higher studies. The cell is known to have entrepreneurship guidance programs, faculty development programs, and mock interviews.
This year, the college breaks a record with 847 students getting placed with various domestic as well as global companies. 55 companies participated in the on-campus drive and students from both B.Tech and M.Tech took part in the same. Most numbers of students were recruited by companies like TCS, CTS, WIPRO, FSS, GGK Tech, HCL, NAL Soft, Infosys, Axis Bank, Cyient, Syntel, and EDUFIC Digital.