Dr YSR National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management or NITHM imparts qualitative education in the field of hospitality and management. The college is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (JNTUH) and NCHMCT. The institute is approved by AICTE.
The college offers courses at UG and PG level namely B.Sc, BBA and MBA. The admission to all the courses is on the basis of marks scored in the entrance examination.
NITHM began its operations in 2004 but was officially inaugurated in 2005 by Hon. Sonia Gandhi. It has been awarded the 10th rank among the top Government HMIs in India.
|Established I Institute Type||2005 | Public|
|Affiliated with||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTUH), National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT)|
|Established by||Jointly by Government of India and State Government|
|Courses Offered||3 Courses across 2 levels|
|Popular Courses||BBA, MBA|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Campus Size||30 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Placement, Sports, Hostel|
|Top Recruiters||Raddisson, Thomas Cook, GMR Infrastructure Limited|
NITHM offers UG, PG and PG Diploma courses in the field of hospitality and tourism to equip its students with the knowledge and skills in the Hospitality sector. Below given are details about the same:
|B.Sc||Specializations: Hospitality & Hotel Administration
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with English
Selection Criteria: JEE
|BBA||Specializations: Tourism and Hospitality
Duration: 3 years
Selection Criteria: Written Test conducted by College
|MBA||Subjects: Tourism & Hospitality
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Graduation with 50% + MAT/ICET (5% relaxation for SC/ST candidates)
Selection Criteria: Entrance based + interview
Read course fee information: NITHM Courses & Fees
The admission process of the institution is on the basis of marks scored in entrance examinations followed by counselling or interview process. Interested candidates can apply using the steps given below:
How to apply?
- The application form is accepted through online mode only.
- Register and Apply on the official website of the University.
- Fill necessary details like personal details, educational details, etc.
- Pay the application fees through an online fees portal.
- Take a printout for future reference and keep all the necessary documents.
- For the courses that offer admission without an entrance test, candidates can visit the campus for on-the-spot admission to the respective course.
Get detailed information on: NITHM Admission
The NITHM offers the following facilities to ensure the needs of students are met:
- Hostel: The College provides separate hostel facilities for both male and female students within the college campus complete with a homely atmosphere.
- Library: The library and e-library of the college comprises of books, textbooks, reference books and digital material for the students to access anytime
- Sports: NITHM provides a well- equipped gymnasium and a 5 acre sports ground for outdoor games and a separate indoor provision for indoor games
NITHM has a dedicated and well experienced faculty that motivates and equips its students to learn and work harder to be the great leaders of tomorrow. V. Narendra Kumar is the Principal of the college and the hospitality department has a head with other faculties working at the following positions:
- Assistant Professors - 5
- Lecturer – 3
- Senior Lecturer – 2
- Assistant Lecturer - 3
- Sr. Asst. Professor – 1
- Technical Demonstrator - 1
Read more on: NITHM Faculty
Ques. Is there any other important test required for admission?
Ques. How can the college be contacted in case of any queries?
Ques. Does the college provide training and consultancy?
Ques. What are the reservations provided by the college?
- 15% for SC
- 6% for ST
- 3% for PwD, BC