Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) is well-known for its placement records, curriculum, and faculty. The top-notch magazines like Outlook, Business Today and many more periodicals have ranked the private institute among the top B-schools of India. The college offers Master of Management Studies (MMS) as known as MBA, M.Sc in Finance, along with some part-time courses in Management, Finance, and Human Resource Development.
- All 6 members of the faculty are Ph.D. holders in their respective fields.
- With 2-3 Lacs of course fees, students get 18 LPA salary packages.
- As per the recent placement data, the highest CTC went up to 30 LPA and the average CTC was 18 LPA.
- Admissions to JBIMS Mumbai are based on scores at the national or state level exams.
- The minimum cut-off ranges between 98-99 percentile.
JBIMS Mumbai Highlights
Following is a glance at some important details on Jamnalal Bajaj Insititute of Management Studies:
|Established | University Type||1965 | Private|
|Approved/ Recognised/ Affiliated to||University of Mumbai|
|Rank||Top B- School|
|Courses Offered | Type||MMS/ MBA, M.Sc, Part-time, and Doctoral | PG|
|Popular Course||MMS and M.Sc (Finance)|
|Top Recruiters||Goldman Sachs, Trafigura, Phillip Capital, RBI, etc.|
|Accepted test scores||MH CET/ CAT/ MAT/ GMAT/ CMAT/ ATMA|
|Official Website / Helpdesk||http://jbims.edu/ /400020|
JBIMS Mumbai Ranking
- JBIMS has been ranked among top B-schools of India over the years by prestigious educational magazines.
Ranked 10th by Business India
- Ranked 7th by Business Today
- Ranked 8th by Outlook
JBIMS Mumbai Courses & Admissions
Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies offers Full-time, Part-time, and Doctoral programs to its applicants. The courses have a job-oriented curriculum that prepares students for the industry at the very first stage.
|Master of Management Studies (MMS)/ MBA and Master of Science in Finance (M.Sc. in Finance)||
Subjects: Finance, Marketing, Personnel, Operations, Systems
Eligibility: Admission for both courses is through DTE Maharashtra on the basis of MH CET/ CAT/ MAT/ GMAT/ CMAT/ ATMA and M.Sc. University conducts its own entrance exam.
Duration: 2 Years
|Part Time MBA||
Subjects: Information Technology, Financial Management, Human Resource Management Development, and Marketing
Eligibility: Selection is based on academic merit and the candidate should have a minimum of two years of working experience.
Duration: 2 Years
|Ph.D||Admission is based on the previous academic merit and Entrance Exam conducted by the university.|
JBIMS Mumbai Admissions
The application session of Mangement programs at JBIMS Mumbai generally start in the month of August every year. Admission to MMS programmes is based on MAH-CET entrance exam score. Other entrance exam scores are also valid if the candidate fulfill the eligibility criteria. International candidates can apply using GMAT score.
How to Apply?
Application form for JBIMS Mumbai can be filled in online format by visiting http://www.jamnalalbajajfoundation.org/. Applicants can register using email and a valid phone number. After successful registration fill all the required personal and academic details. Complete the application process by paying the application fee of INR 1200 using NEFT/ RTGS/ IMPS. in the given account.
Account Name: Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
Bank: Bank of Baroda
Branch: Backbay Reclamation Churchgate Mumbai
Account Type: Saving
Account Number: 03820100000865
Bank IFSC Code: BARB0BACKBA (0 to be read as Zero)
Bank MCIR Code: 400012056
JBIMS Mumbai Placements
JBIMS has a good track record of placements. Students get a good amount in CTC from various reputed and prestigious companies in fields like BFSI, FMCG & Consulting, etc. Here are some stats from the previous year placements:
All the Students who participated in JBIMS placement 2019 got well placed at an average salary of INR 20.13 LPA as against INR 18.91 LPA last year. The highest salary package for year 2019 was INR 32.30 LPA. The institute witnessed a 14.1 % increase in CTC of Top 10% students and a 21.7 % increase in CTC of Top 30% of students
Top recruiters that participated actively in the final placements 2019 include Accenture, BCG, Airtel, Mahindra, McKinsey, Bajaj, Essar, Godrej, Goldman Sachs, ICICI Bank, Infosys, Hindustan Unilever, among many others.
Know More: JBIMS Placements 2020
JBIMS Mumbai Faculty
The faculty of the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies has a tremendous knowledge of their respective fields. The faculty members are experienced and highly qualified too. Here is a list of some core faculty members of JBISM:
Dr. Kavita Laghate (Director, Qualification: B.Sc, M.Sc, and Ph.D.)
Dr. Stephen D’Silva (Professor, Qualification: M.Com, MMM, and Ph.D.)
Dr. Chandrahauns R. Chavan (Professor, Qualification: B.Sc, MCM, M.Phil., Ph.D., PGDCHE, CCD (UK))
Dr. R. Srinivasan (Associate Professor, Qualification: BBA, MBA, and Ph.D.)
Dr. Anil Pande (Associate Professor, Qualification: B.Sc, MBA, and Ph.D)
Dr. Sarika Mahajan (Associate Professor, Qualification: Ph.D. (Finance), UGC-NET & JRF )
JBIMS Mumbai Facilities:
JBIMS is one of the premier institutes of Management in the country which not only focuses on the studies but also puts emphasis on the various extracurricular and co-curricular activities in which students can actively participate. For this purpose, the institute has established 3 clubs, namely:
- The Finance Club: It provides a public platform for faculty members, authorities from the commercial world and scholars to explore the constantly evolving world of finance.
- The Consulting Club: A student-run, faculty-guided student body whose objective is to facilitate the student community at JBIMS with the essential tools to secure professional opportunities in strategy consulting and management.
- Marketing Club: The Marketing Club aims at implanting the poignant interests of the students towards the talent and excitement of the marketing world. The club also manages an online monthly magazine ‘bazaar’ which aims to cover all the subjects related to marketing.
JBIMS Mumbai FAQ
Ques. What is the admission process for MHRD?
Ans. The admission process consists of the following:
- There will be an Online Aptitude Test.
- Qualified Students will undergo Online In-person Assessments including Writing Skills, Group Activity, and Personal Interview.
- Students who qualify for the written test will go for Group Activity. Those qualifying in Group Activity will Undergo Writing Skill Test and Personal Interview.
- Based on Total Score the Merit List will be displayed.
Ques. What documents are required at the time of JBIMS Mumbai admission?
Ans. Documents required at the time of admission are as follows:
- 10th standard certificate and mark sheet
- 10+2 standard certificate and mark sheet
- Degree, passing certificate and mark sheets of all years
- Birth certificate/ Domicile certificate in case of students applied in reserve category
- Caste certificate, caste/tribe validity certificate, non-creamy layer certificate wherever applicable issued by the competent authority (Maharashtra Only).
- Photo ID card provided by the Government of India.
- Work Experience Certificates (If any).
- Certificates of Co-Curricular and Extra-Curricular Activities Undertaken
Ques. Can students outside get admission to JBIMS Mumbai?
Ans. Yes, students outside Mumbai may also apply at the college. The college gives admission to students in two different categories:
- State Level Seats (For Maharashtra domicile)
- All India Seats (For applicants outside Mumbai are eligible to apply under this category if they have a valid CMAT, MAT, ATMA, or CAT exam score).
Ques. What stipend do students get in the JBIMS Mumbai summer internship?
Ans. The stipend offered to students is as follows:
|Highest stipend||INR 5.67 LPA|
|Mean Stipend||INR 2.05 LPA|
|Median Stipend||INR 2 LPA|
|Top 10%||INR 3.18 LPA|
|Top 25%||INR 3.04 LPA|
Ques. What companies visit the college for summer internships?
Ans. The key recruiters for the summer internships are Abbott, Accenture, Aditya Birla Capital, Airtel, Amazon, Amway, Axis Bank, Bajaj Finserv, Barclays, Bridgestone, Dalmia, Castrol, Citi, Capgemini, Cisco, etc.
Ques. How are the JBIMS Mumbai placements?
Ans. Placements at JBIMS Mumbai are quite good. Students are placed in top-notch companies such as Abbott, Accenture, Aditya Birla Capital, Airtel, Amazon, BYJU’s, ICICI Bank, Kotak, Himalaya, Deloitte, Infosys, etc. with the highest salary package of INR 34 LPA and average salary package of INR 22 LPA. The majority of the students in the placement cycle are placed in BFSI & IB sector.
Ques. How is the salary package offered to students?
Ans. Students are offered a handsome amount as salary packages as the recruiting companies are already well-established and are running a good business.
|Highest CTC||INR 34.36 LPA|
|Mean CTC||INR 22.84 LPA|
|Median CTC||INR 22 LPA|
|Top 10 %||INR 33.83 LPA|
|Top 30%||INR 29.01 LPA|
Ques. What is your review of the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies?
Ans. Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai is a good college to invest in. With only INR 2-3 Lacs of fees, students get job offers up to INR 34 LPA. In terms of return on investment, the college is best. Other than this factor, the alumni network, location, and faculty of the college are also appreciable.
Ques. How can I pay fees through NEFT or IMPS?
Ans. You may make payment through NEFT or IMPS on the below-given details:
- Account Name: Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
- Bank: Bank of Baroda
- Branch: Backbay Reclamation Churchgate Mumbai
- Account Type: Saving
- Account Number: 03820100000865
- Bank IFSC Code: BARB0BACKBA (0 to be read as Zero)
- Bank MICR Code: 400012056
Ques. Does JBIMS Mumbai provide hostel facilities?
Ans. JBIMS Mumbai hostel facilities are available only for the top 25% of students who are non-mumbians. Hostel allotted these students is J S Hall Marine Drive opposite to the Chrurchgate station. Students are charged INR 6000 to INR 8000 per year.