R. V. Institute of Management (RVIM) is accredited by NAAC with ‘ A+’ grade and is affiliated to the Bangalore University. The institution provides a 2-year management course in its state-of-the-art campus at Jayanagar. In addition to this, some extra courses are offered to widen the intellectual horizons of students. The Institute is known to have a 100% placement record since its inception.
|Campus Area||2700 sq. m|
|Affiliated to||Bangalore University|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam: PGCET|
|Total Students | Faculty||360 | 21|
|International Collaborations||Grimsby University, UK|
|Austin University, USA|
|WSB University, Poland|
|City of Glasgow College, Scotland, UK|
Following are some of the institutional achievements of the B-school:
- Ranked 18th in All India Level for Best Return on Investment by Business Today in 2018
- Ranked 42nd amongst top B-Schools at All India Level by The Week 2018
- Ranked amongst Top 10 B-Schools in Bengaluru Metro by Business Today in 2018
- Ranked at 69th position by MBA Universe in its overall ranking 2019
- Ranked A+ grade in All India Level by Business India
RVIM Course and Admission
The Institute offers an MBA degree in different specializations for a duration of a two-year. Candidates must hold a graduation degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Prescribed Application Forms of the institute can be obtained at our office on payment of INR 560 by cash or DD drawn in favor of The Director, RVIM, payable at Bangalore.
Know more: RV Institute of Management Courses & Fee
Apart from the MBA, the B-School also offers value-added courses to the students. Following are the list of such programs:
|Certificate Courses||Short term Courses|
|Yoga and Meditation||E-Commerce|
|Communication Skills||Property Mangement|
|Leadership Skills||Insurance and Risk Management|
|Customer Relationship Management||Financial Management|
|Business Finance||Accounting Information System|
Selection Procedure for MBA
- For Government Quota: 50% of seats are filled through PGCET rank through centralized counseling
- For Management Quota: 50% of seats are filled through management entrance exams like CAT, MAT, CMAT, KMAT. Apart from this, students will also need to appear in GD and Personal Interview.
Read more: RVIM Admission
RV Institute of Management Placement
The placement cell of R.V. Institute of Management focuses on enhancing students' skills and prepare them for the corporate world. The department has grown from placing 30 students in 1999 to placing over 1650 students to date. Tabulated below are the placement statistics of the Institute from 2015 to date.
|Year of Placement||Total No. of Companies||Total No. of Students||Total no. of students placed||Percentage placement|
The highest salary package recorded in the year 2018-19 is INR 12 LPA whereas the average salary is INR 4.75 LPA. With this, the B-school has maintained a good relationship with a number of companies. The list of recruiters includes KPMG, HDFC Bank, Asian Paints, Amazon, Deloitte, Godrej, ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Nestle, Flipkart, AON Empower Results, Capgemini, ITC, IBM, Mercedes-Benz, etc.
Know more: RVIM Placement
The Insitute is housed in a spacious 2,700 sq.m state-of-the-art campus located at Jayanagar, Bangalore. It provides a number of facilities to cater to the needs of the students. Listed below are some of them:
- Computing labs for individual student use with LAN and 32 Mbps internet connectivity
- Fully equipped and resourceful library with 15,000 books and 100 journals
- Digital library with 45 terminals and access to databases like Capital Line, J-gate, EBSCO
- Open-air theatre facilities for indoor and outdoor sports
- Separate hostel facility for both male and female students
- Custom-built state-of-the-art lecture halls, seminar halls, conference hall, and board rooms
R. V. Institute of Management was started in the academic year 1999 with the purpose of providing quality management education to the students. It is one of the 28 leading educational institutions of national & international reputation, run by Rashtreeya Sikshana Samithi Trust. It is located in Jayanagar, the most beautiful and centrally located suburb of Bangalore. The management institute also has international collaborations with a number of universities and organizations.
Given below is a brief about the faculty members at the Institute:
Dr. Purushottam Bung
- Qualifications: B.E., PGDM, MBA, and Ph.D.
- Awards: Distinguished Educator Award; Best Director of a B-School Award; Enterprising Academic Leader of the year
Prof. Manjunath S. Menedhal
- Qualifications: MBA, M.Phil, UGC-NET
- Areas of Interest: Accounting & Financial Management
- Qualifications: MBA, M.Phil, and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Finance and Public Policy
Dr. D.R. Rajashekhara Swamy
- Qualifications: B.E., MBA, and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Operations Management
Prof. N. Suresh
- Qualifications: B.E., M.Sc, MBA, M.Phil, and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Statistics and Quantitative Techniques
Click here: RVIM Faculty
Ques. What are the specializations offered in MBA by R.V. Institute of Management?
Ans. The Institute offers 4 specializations namely Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Systems. You can also choose a dual specialization like Marketing and Finance; Marketing and HR; and Finance and HR. A total intake of 180 students is offered by RVIM.
Ques. How are placement facilities at the Institute?
Ans. Students have been placed in many reputed and premier organizations like Capgemini, RBS, Amazon India, JP Morgan, Thomas Reuters, Toyota, etc. RVIM trains students as per the industry needs and requirements. It also organizes guest lectures, seminars, and workshops to enhance the skills of its students.
Ques. When are the classes commence at the B-School?
Ans. Regular classes commence from the second week of September.