MDI Gurgoan has started off the registration process for the 2021 academic year. Candidates can register till November 27, 2020. MDI Gurgoan will accept CAT scores for admission. The registration process is completely online and Fee for registration is INR 3000 inclusive of GST.
MDI Gurgaon Important Dates 2020
|MDI Gurgaon PGDM Registration||16 Sep - 27 Nov, 2020|
|MDI Gurgaon PGDM-NMP Registration||16 Sep, 2020 - 08 Jan, 2021|
Management Development Institute (MDI Gurgaon), is one of the top private management Colleges in India. Ranked 10 in the management category by NIRF 2020, it is famous for its MBA/PGDM, Executive MBA/ PGDM courses. The batch of 2018-20 recorded a 100% placement record with the highest package of INR 40.50 LPA. Also, the average package was INR 22.50 LPA for the same batch. The college is India’s first B-school accredited by the internationally coveted Association of MBA’s (AMBA) London. MDI has also been established in Murshidabad of West Bengal state.
Check: MDI Gurgaon Cutoff
MDI Gurgaon Highlights
|Established | Type||1973 | Private|
|Recognized||AICTE, UGC, and NBA|
|Courses||PG and Fellow Program|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam + Interview|
|Entrance Exams||CAT, GMAT and MDI conducts its own test|
MDI Gurgaon Courses
MDI offers many postgraduate, executive post-graduate and fellowship programs. A brief about the same is given below-
Course 1: PGPM (Postgraduate Program in Management)
- Eligibility: Graduation with at least 50% marks in any stream.
- Duration: 2 Years (Full time) and 3 Years (Part-time)
- Entrance Exam: Valid score in CAT.
- Specialization: Human Resource Management, Public Policy Management
Course 2: NMP/PGP (National Management Program)
- Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks in any stream.
- Duration: 1 Year (Full time) and 2 Years (Part-time)
- Entrance Exam: Candidates should write a written test followed by an interview round.
Course 3: FMP (Fellow Program)
- Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 60% marks in any stream.
- Duration: 1 Year (Full time) and 2 Years (Part-time)
- Entrance Exam: Candidate Should have a valid score in CAT/GMAT/GRE/ UGC-JRF.
Click here: MDI Gurgaon Course and Fees
MDI Gurgaon Admission
The admissions to the institute are done online and on the basis of entrance exam scores in some cases.
Selection of candidates for admission to PGPM, PGP-HRM, PGP-IM is a two-stage process:
Stage 1: Candidates are shortlisted for GD and PI on the basis of percentile obtained in CAT including sectional cut-off.
Stage 2: Candidates are required to appear for GD and PI conducted by the institute.
- Written Analysis Test (WAT): Candidates have to submit a written analysis on the topic provided. The evaluation will be done on the basis of Analysis & Conceptual Clarity and Grammar, Spelling & Punctuation.
- Group Discussion: Candidates have to discuss a particular given topic for which they will be evaluated on the basis of Group Behaviour and Concept & Subject matter.
- Personal Interview: Candidates have to appear for an interview for which they will be evaluated on the basis of Communication, Analytical Ability, and Personality Profile.
MDI Gurgaon Placements
The management school has emerged among the premier Business School in the nation through its placement record for the group of 2017-2019. A total of 143 companies participated in a recent placement drive held on the campus with a record of 100% Placements.
The recruitment process saw major conglomerates like Hinduja Group, Mahindra & Mahindra, RIL offering lucrative roles. Premier consulting firms such as Bain & Co., Deloitte, Digital McKinsey, PwC, etc are regular recruiters of MDI.
The below graph represents the percentage of students placed in different sectors of MDI Gurgaon. The vertical axis represents the name of different sectors and the horizontal axis represents the percentage of students.
|Number of Companies||106|
|Highest Salary||40.79 LPA|
|Median Salary||19.82 LPA|
|Average Salary||20.13 LPA|
Summer Placement Highlights of 2020-22
MDI has witnessed a 4.76% increase in its average stipend. The institute has got 24%, 16% and 21% offers in FMCG/FMCD, E-commerce and BFSI respectively. Media.net and sprinkler offered a stipend of INR 4 lacs and double-digit offers by Amazon, Deloitte USI, Flipkart and Godrej.
|Highest Stipend||INR 4 LPA|
|Average Stipend||INR 2.42 LPA|
|Median Stipend||INR 2.3 LPA|
Conclusion: With a total batch strength of 342 students, the Batch of 2017-19 witnessed 100% placements with 2 students opting out of the Placement Process. The entire placement process was wrapped up in a record time of 3 days
Click here: MDI Gurgaon Placements
MDI Gurgaon Scholarships
Scholarships at the B-school is given below:
- O.P. Jindal scholarship of INR 1,50,000 for second-year students is offered at Management Development Institute
- MDI awards five merit scholarships of INR 10,000 each to the top five students at the end of the second year
- MDI provides international scholarships for the students who go on the exchange program to its Partner's Universities/ Business Schools
MDI Gurgaon Facilities
- Library: The library has a collection of around 50,000 books while the online library portal provides access to over 15,000 e-journals. The online library includes major international online databases such as Proquest’s ABI/INFORM, Business Source Complete (EBSCO), Sage Online Journals collection, Elsevier collection, JSTOR, CMIE databases, Capitaline, etc.
- Hostel: Students of PGPM, PGP-HR, and PGP-IM stay on Campus and are provided with accommodation on a twin-sharing basis in Change Masters, Takshashila and twin-sharing/four-sharing in Kshitij. There are separate hostel blocks for the girl students called Oddessy (twin-sharing) & Kaveri (twin/triple sharing). Students are required to bring their own PC with a LAN card. The rooms are provided with a bed, a study table, a chair, a cupboard, and the usual fixtures.
- Recreational Facility: A Golf Course, Lawn Tennis, Badminton, Table Tennis, Billiards, Gymnasium, Recreation Room, T.V. Lounge and Canteen are some of the facilities provided on campus. Yoga classes are conducted for fitness freaks. Facilities like ISD / STD Telephone, Fax, E-mail, Internet and Medical aid are also available on the campus.
- Location: MDI is located in a picturesque, serene campus 12 kilometers from the International Airport in Delhi. It provides just the right environment to step away from the mundane world to quietly imbibe, peacefully introspect, and ultimately learn.
MDI Gurgaon FAQs
Ques. Does MDI follow Reservation Policy?
Ans. No, MDI doesn’t follow reservation policy as prescribed by the Government of India. All seats are filled on a merit basis.
Ques. Does MDI accept XAT Score?
Ans. No, MDI does not accept XAT Score. It accepts the scores of CAT, GMAT and its own entrance exam.
Ques. What are the criteria for an exchange student program?
Ans. Your home institution must have a bilateral agreement with MDI Gurgaon and the International relations office has to send a nomination to us. Then coordination with MDI starts afterward.
Ques. Do students need to pay fees during the Exchange program?
Ans. No, as per the terms of the agreement exchange students are exempted from paying the tuition fees.
Ques. What is the highest package of the MDI Gurgaon PGP Program?
Ans. The highest package was INR 40 lacs per annum and the average package was INR 22.5 LPA.
Ques. Does MDI Gurgaon have any other branches in India?
Ans. Yes, MDI has also been established in Murshidabad of West Bengal.
Ques. Is there one common application for PGPM/PGP-HRM/PGP-IB at MDI Gurgaon?
Ans. Yes. There is one Common Application Form for all three programs given above. In the online Application Form, you need to mention your program preference in order. At the time of the admissions offer, you will be informed about the program you are selected for.
Ques. Does MDI Gurgaon have links with banks for study loans?
Ans.Yes. Currently, MDI Gurgaon has links with many Banks. Information about banks and study loans available on the MDI Gurgaon website. Applicants need to visit the branches of these banks directly with Admissions offer letters to avail the loan facilities.
Ques. Are there any executive programs offered at MDI Gurgaon?
Ans. Yes. MDI Gurgaon offers both residential and non-residential executive management programs for working executives. Please refer to Information Brochure for more details.