Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology (DMS IIT), Roorkee, Uttrakhand, was established in 1998. It has been accredited by AICTE and it offers MBA and Ph.D. in various specialisations. This Institution encourages the candidates while in study to develop innovative ideas and creations to become an Entrepreneur by establishing or leading their own start-ups or concerns. According to the 2020 Rankings by NIRF and MBAUniverse.com, the institute was placed at the 12th position in both the lists. According to Business Today’s 2019 Rankings, the institution was placed at the 35th position.
DMS IIT Roorkee Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1998 | Public|
|Courses||MBA and Ph.D.|
|Top Recruiters||GAIL India Limited, HDFC Bank, Bank of Baroda, Tata Consultancy Services, Trident, Bajaj, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, and HPCL|
|Campus Area||350 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Library, and Sports space|
DMS IIT Roorkee Ranking
In recent years, the institution has been ranked among the top Management Institutes in India as shown below.
DMS IIT Roorkee Courses
The institute offers MBA and Doctoral courses in various specializations as tabulated below.
Read More DMS IIT Roorkee Courses and Fees
DMS IIT Roorkee Admissions
For the MBA course, students are selected based on their performance in the CAT Entrance Test / GMAT followed by an interview. Students with work experience are given preference. JEE qualified IIT Graduates will also be given preference while the admission process and is eligible for exemption from GMAT/CAT.
- Students need to visit the official website of the institute.
- Register with email id and apply for the course.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit the application form.
- Appear and qualify the entrance to be eligible for admission.
- Pay the required fees and get admitted.
Read More DMS IIT Roorkee Admission
DMS IIT Roorkee Placements
Students are guided by the institution placement cell to enhance their skills in order to increase their chances of employability. For the placements of the 2017-19 batch, the highest salary offered was 57 LPA (International) and 17.85 LPA (Domestic).
Some of the recruiters that have participated in the placements are OYO, Vedanta, IBM, Zomato, Analytics Quotient, Clicklabs, Futures First, KANTAR, Cognizant, GAIL India Limited, Bank of Baroda, Tata Consultancy Services, Trident, Bajaj, Infosys, HDFC Bank, HPCL, Tech Mahindra, Zenith Computers, State Bank of India, and Affine.
Read More DMS IIT Roorkee Placement
DMS IIT Roorkee Facilities
The campus is well-equipped with student-centric facilities. Some of them are mentioned below.
- Hostel- There are separate hostels for girls and boys with facilities for their convenient stay.
- Library- The library hosts around 3,50,000 documents for the students to access for their knowledge.
- Sports space- Facilities for sports like badminton, tennis, hockey, volleyball, basketball, football, athletics, swimming, weight lifting and gymnastics are made available.
- Internet connectivity- The campus and hostels are Wi-Fi-enabled ensuring stable and reliable Internet connectivity.
Read More DMS IIT Roorkee Hostel
DMS IIT Roorkee FAQs
Ques. What are the roles offered to students after completion of MBA at DMS IIT Roorkee?
Ques. Does DMS IIT Roorkee offer dual degrees in MBA?
Ques. What is the application fee to be paid at the time of admissions at DMS IIT Roorkee?
Ques. Is there any relaxation in CAT cut offs for female students for getting admission into DMS IIT Roorkee?
Ques. How can the students contact DMS IIT Roorkee, in case of admission related queries?
Ques. What are the documents required for admission process at DMS IIT Roorkee?
- GMAT/CAT Scorecard
- DMCs from previous academic qualifications
- Reserved category certificate, if applicable
- Proof of work experience, if any