Institute of Management, Nirma University (IMNU) was established in 1996 and is a constituent of the distinguished Nirma University (NU). The institute provides a range of state-of-the-art facilities to its students to provide an ambiance conducive for holistic development. It provides postgraduate, doctoral courses, and a 5-year integrated program in management. Admissions to such courses are done on the several entrance exams such as CAT and GMAT.
Institute of Management, Nirma University Highlights
|Established | Type||1996 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Gujrat University|
“A” Grade by NAAC
South Asian Quality Assurance System, (SAQS) Accredited by the Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA)
|Entrance Exam||UGAT, CAT, and GMAT|
|Types of Programs | No. of Programs||UG, PG, & Ph.D |11|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Campus Size||115 Acre|
|Number of courses offered||11 Courses across 2 streams|
Institute of Management, Nirma University Rankings
- Business Today- 34th best B-School in 2019 (Pan India)
- The Week- 27th Best B-School in 2019 (Overall)
- The Week- 12th among Top Private B-Schools in 2019 (Pan India)
- Outlook- iCARE India MBA Ranking 2020- 13th Best Private MBA Institutes of India in 2020
- NIRF – Ranked 44th among the top Business Schools of the country in 2020
Institute of Management, Nirma University Courses
Subjects: Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Information Management, Operations Management, International Business, Business Analytics.
Eligibility: Intermediate in any discipline with at least 60% + Personal Inteview
Duration: 5 years
Eligibility: Candidate should have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with 60% marks + JEE Main Score + Personal Interview
Duration: 5 years
Subjects: Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Information Management, Operations Management, International Business, Business Analytics, Human Resource Management
Eligibility: Graduate degree or equivalent from a recognized university + CAT/ GMAT Score + Personal Interview
Seats: MBA (General) - 240, MBA (HRM): 30
Duration: 2 Years
|MBA (Family Business & Business)||
Subjects: Family Business Management, Entrepreneurship
Eligibility: Graduate degree from a recognized institution+ Entrance Test conducted by IMNU + Personal Interview
Duration: 2 Years
|Ph.D. in Business Management (Part-Time/ Full Time)||
Eligibility: Master’s degree in the relevant discipline with at least 55% in total aggregate + Entrance Test Conducted by IMNU/ UGC-NET/ UGC-CSIR NET/ SLET/ GATE/ GPAT + Personal Interview
Duration: 3 Years
|FPM - Fellow Programme in Management||
Eligibility: Ph.D. or equivalent degree from a recognized University + at least 3 publications in listed journals.
Duration: 1 Year
Check: IMNU Courses and Fees
Institute of Management, Nirma University Admissions
The Institutes accept admissions for BBA+MBA (Integrated), MBA, and Ph.D. in multiple specializations. Aspirants are must register themselves for their desired courses by following the subsequent steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the institute (https://management.nirmauni.ac.in) and navigate yourself to ‘Admission and Aid’ page.
Step 2: Click on ‘Apply’, the candidate will be directed to the MBA Admissions page
Step 3: Read the instruction (A) and click on ‘Apply Now’ (B)
Step 4: Fill in the form duly with correct past educational and personal information and submit with making a payment of required application fee as per your course
Step 5: Candidates are suggested to go through CAT 2019 Details (C) before registering and appearing for the CAT exam.
- The selection of BBA+MBA (Integrated) courses is based on candidate’s 10+2 score and a following personal interview.
- For admission in MBA, the university accepts the candidate’s valid scores in CAT or GMAT.
- The selection of Ph.D. programs is done on the basis of the candidate’s past educational records, marks obtained in the entrance test conducted by the institute/ IMNU/ UGC-NET/ UGC-CSIR NET/ SLET/ GATE/ GPAT and personal interview.
Check: IMNU Admissions
Institute of Management Nirma University Placements
The Institute of Management, established to promote brilliance in management education and to prepare young women and men to meet the challenges of the developing corporate world has gained recognition as one of the top B-Schools in the nation in a little span of less than a decade. To ensure that students get the job of their wishes, the institute has a functional Corporate Relationship Cell (CRC) which looks out the procedures of placements.
The placement Highlights of INMU are tabulated below:
|No. of Companies Visited||85|
The Summer Placement season saw prominent companies from diverse sectors visiting the campus. Companies like UNIDO, J P Morgan, Publicis Groupe, EXL Services, SmartCube, Bigbasket, SBI life Insurance, Radio Mirchi, Textron, Coca-Cola, Havmor, Jio Studios, Nephroplus, Maier+Vidorno.
Institute of Management, Nirma University Scholarships
Nirma University offers scholarships to meritorious students on the Merit-Cum-Means-Basis.
- Category A: Under this scholarship, top 2 students 100% off on fee, the other 2 students will get 75% off on fee and 4 more students will be granted 50% off on fee.
- Category B:
- 2 Candidates with Parents income< 2.5 LPA will be granted 100% Scholarship on Fee.
- 2 Candidates with Parents income< 4.0 LPA will be granted 90% Scholarship on Fee.
- 4 Candidates with Parents income< 6.0 LPA will be granted 75%% Scholarship on Fee.
- Category A: First 30 students admitted on merit basis would be paid INR 1 LPA for first year.
- Category B:
- 25 students with Parent’s total income < INR 3.5 LPA will be granted INR 1,00,000.
- 25 students with Parent’s total income < INR 5.0 LPA will be granted INR 50,000.
- 25 students with Parent’s total income < INR 6 LPA will be granted INR 25,000.
Know more: IMNU scholarships
Institute of Management, Nirma University Facilities:
Library: IMNU hosts a humongous library with 46,496 books & 14,232 e-books. Apart from this the institute holds 248 Periodicals & Newpapers, 12,580 online Journals, 2191 electronics Media, Bound Volumes, 59 thesis, 19,370 E-Journals.
Computing Labs: High-speed servers run on a variety of platforms to suit all kinds of requirements and support the entire network. A 1.2 Gbps (1200 Mbps) (w.e.f. 01/07/2020) dedicated optic fiber leased line and Wi-Fi hotspots enable round the clock Internet connectivity on the campus.
Hostels: Well Equipped Hostel Facility is available on Nirma University campus. There are three hostel buildings with spacious and well furnished rooms. The hostels have sports and other recreational facilities such as cable TV, common room for interaction, etc. All hostel rooms have Internet connectivity round the clock.
Bank: A branch of the Kalupur Commercial Co-operative Bank Ltd., a scheduled bank, with ATM facility is located on the campus. The Institute is also equipped with a canteen & a food court in addition to the mess, various sports facilities, medical facilities, etc.
Institute of Management, Nirma University FAQs
Ques: What is the current placement scenario at Nirma University Ahmedabad? Is it worth joining considering ROI factors?
Further, if we see the fee description, the tuition fee for one year stands at INR 4.5 LPA. so, if I evaluate ROI as the money that can be recovered in 2-year time duration post-MBA than NIRMA University is a good performer.
Ques: Is it worth doing MBA from NIRMA University?
Ques: What is the general cutoff for NIRMA University MBA?
- CAT 2018: 60%
- PI: 20%
- Theme Development & Presentation: 10%
- Academic Performance: 10%
- An additional score up to 5 points will also be given for full time relevant work experience in a professional organization
Ques: Can I Get Direct Admissions in Nirma University?
Ques: What is the cutoff for NIRMA University for B.Tech-MBA program?
|Elective||Round 1||Round 2|
Computer Science & Engineering
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Instrumentation & Control Engineering