Nagindas Khandwala College is an autonomous educational institute imparting qualitative education at three levels, namely, Undergraduate, Post-Graduate and Doctoral with full-fledged faculties of Arts, Commerce, Management, and Information Technology. The institution was established in 1983 and is affiliated to University of Mumbai.
Nagindas Khandwala College offers courses in Subjects like Mass Media, Management Studies, IT, Banking & Insurance and Accounting & Finance. The institution has received Grade "A" by NAAC and won the Educational Excellence Award in 2012 by Indus Foundation, U.S.A.
Nagindas Khandwala College Highlights
|Established I Institute Type||1983| Private|
|Established by||Malad Kandivli Education Society|
|Affiliated with||University of Mumbai|
|Courses Offered||22 courses across 3 levels|
|Popular Courses||BA, B.com, MA, PHD|
|Admission Criteria||Merit basis, Entrance exam, Personal Interview|
|Application Mode||Online and offline|
|Facilities Available||Library, Placement Cell, Welfare Schemes, Counselling Cell, Gymkhana|
Nagindas Khandwala College Courses
Nagindas Khandwala College offers a number of courses across several degrees to prospective students. Following are some of the courses offered in the college:
|B.A.||Streams: General, Apparel Design and Construction(H).
Eligibility: (10+2) from any recognized School / College / Board.
|B.Sc.||Streams: Information Technology, Computer Science
Eligibility : (10+2) with mathematics and statistics with a minimum of 45% marks
|B.Com||Streams: General, Accounting and Finance, Banking and Insurance, Financial Markets
Eligibility: 10+2 with minimum 45% marks
|B.Com (H)||Streams: International Accounting, Actuarial Studies
Eligibility: (10+2) with a minimum of 45% marks
|BMS||Streams: General, Sports Management.
Eligibility: Pass in HSC or equivalent with a minimum of 45% marks
|BMM||Stream: Mass Media
Eligibility: Pass in HSC or equivalent examinations
|M.Sc||Subjects: Information Technology
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in Science with relevant discipline and passing marks in entrance exam
|M.Com||Streams: Management, Accounting
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
|MA||Streams: Economics, Geography, Psychology
Eligibility: BA with specialization in the relevant subject
|MSM||Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject||2 years|
Read course fee information: Nagindas Khandwala College Courses & Fees
Nagindas Khandwala College Admissions
The admission process is both merit-based and entrance-based depending upon the course and stream offered in the college. Admissions to BA and B.Com are on the basis of merit in the qualifying exam while for PG courses, admissions are on the merit basis and interview. However, Selection of M.Sc.IT is done on the basis of the Entrance Examination. The candidates who wish to opt for the Doctoral program are selected on merit basis in the qualifying examination and entrance examination score.
How to apply?
- The application form is accepted through online mode.
- Candidates have to register themselves on the official website and fill an application form.
- Fill in necessary details like personal details, educational details etc.
- Pay the application fees through an online fee portal.
- The application form should be printed out for further admission process along with the required and necessary documents
- For the courses that offer admission without entrance test and personal interview, candidates could visit the campus for on-the-spot admission to the respective course.
Get detailed information: Nagindas Khandwala College Admissions
Nagindas Khandwala College Scholarships
The college offers scholarships and freeships to students who belong to the reserved categories. Given below are some of the scholarships offered to the students:
- Government of India Scholarship and Freeship to SC/ST/OBC/ EBC/Buddhists/ Special Backward classes/ Vimukta Jati and tribes.
- Freeship to children of the Primary and Secondary School Teachers (PTC, STC).
- Freeship to the children of freedom fighters and also to the children of Wives and widows of Defence Services Personnel.
- Scholarship for students with special needs.
- Scholarship for Indian Nationals domiciled in Maharashtra State of Muslim, Buddhist, Christian, Sikh, Jain, Parsi Community.
Read More: Nagindas Khandwala College Scholarships
Nagindas Khandwala College Facilities
The Nagindas Khandwala College offers the following facilities to ensure the needs of students are met:
- Students Aid Fund: The college helps financially weak students and provides them textbooks through Students Aid Fund.
- Library: The library of the college is fully automated with the latest technology. It has a collection of books, periodicals, journals, newspapers, CD-ROMs and Databases, along with facilities like wi-fi, inter-library loan facility.
- Earn While You Learn: This is an initiative taken by the College to provide employment opportunities to five deserving students each year to help them become independent.
- Welfare Schemes: Various welfare schemes are introduced by the College for the development of students. Some of these are Placement Cell, Grievance Redressal Cell, and Women Development Cell.
- NSS: The NSS camp of the college conducts various activities like paper bag making, cleanliness and awareness drive, etc. to raise awareness regarding the various necessary steps that should be taken towards preservation of rights and environment.
Nagindas Khandwala College Faculty
The college has a highly qualified faculty to assist and guide students. The details of the teaching staff are given below:
- Assistant Professors- 21
- Associate Professors- 14
- Professors- 1
Read More: Nagindas Khandwala College Faculty
Nagindas Khandwala College FAQs
Ques. Where is the prospectus and application form available?
Ans. The application form and prospectus can be obtained from the college office counter between 10.00 a.m. and 12.00 noon within the days of admission schedule.
Ques. Does the college provide any language course?
Ans. The college provides a certificate course in the Spanish Language.
Ques. Is there a dress code in NKC?
Ans. Yes, there is a dress code inside the college that needs to be strictly followed.