Parle Tilak Vidyalaya Associations Sathaye College (PTVA’s SC), popularly known as Sathaye College was established in the year 1959. The college also received ‘Best College of Mumbai University’ in 2015. Courses that are provided by the college include Junior courses, Degree courses, self-financing courses with B.Sc (IT), Post Graduate Courses, and some certificate courses. Admission to the college is merit-based and is done on the basis of marks obtained in H.S.C examination results and results of UGC approved colleges for postgraduate candidates.
Sathaye College Highlights
|Established In| Type||1959| Public|
|Affiliation||University of Mumbai|
|Courses||UG and PG|
Sathaye College Courses
The college provides various non-degree courses and degree courses to the students. Degree courses include undergraduate and postgraduate courses while non-degree includes Arts Commerce Science Subjects. Courses which are provided to students in the college are shown below in the tabulated form :
|B.A||English, Marathi, Hindi, Economics, Philosophy, History, Political science, geography, Education, Ancient Indian Culture.||3 years||INR 8,160||10+2 passed or equivalent.|
|B.Com||Accounting, Financial Management, Advertising, business economics||3 years||INR 7,693||10+2 passed or equivalent.|
|B.Sc||Physics, Chemistry, zoology, botany, mathematics, statistics, etc.||3 years||INR 44,320||10+2 passed or equivalent.|
|BMS||Business Environment, Industrial law, Business mathematics, etc.||3 years||INR 31,787||10+2 passed or equivalent.|
|BMM||Marketing, public relation, Media research, Psychology, etc||3 years||INR 32,400||10+2 passed or equivalent.|
|M.A||Buddhist Studies, Hindi, Communication & Journalism.||2 years||--||Graduation|
|M.Sc||Botany, Chemistry, IT||2 years||--||Graduation|
|Certificate Course||Tourism and Travel Management, Buddhism, Ancient Indian Culture, Sanskrit Pravesh, Bengali, Urdu||6 months-1 year||--||10+2 passed or equivalent.|
Read More Sathaye College Courses and Fees
Sathaye College Admissions
The aspiring candidates seeking admission in PTVA Sathaye College must register themselves online with the official website of the college to fill the pre-admission form. They have to register by creating a login id and password by mentioning the UID number given on the mark sheet/ identity card.
- Visit the official website of the college.
- Click the ‘Online Admission’ tab, log in with the UID number and password to fill the pre-admission form.
- Fill the feedback form first and then move on to the Pre-Admission Form Part I.
- Fill Part I of the application form carefully.
- Move on Part II of the application form after pressing the ‘I have understood and Agreed’ button.
- A valid mobile number is mandatory to verify the information filled online.
- Admission form Part III asks for the optional subjects to be chosen by the applicant, along with an alternative subject in case of non-availability of seats in the chosen subject.
- Correctly fill in the academic details in Part IV of the admission form. Roll number can be mentioned in place of ‘Seat No’ in the form.
- Last part of the form requires information about the Guardian. In case of being retired/ housewife, the applicants can mention the full address.
- Submit the completely filled pre-admission form online and pay the admission fee as per class and category through SBI.
- Download the submitted application form and the receipt of online payment for print-out to carry for admission.
Read More Sathaye College Admissions
Sathaye College Scholarships
Students are also provided with various scholarships that are merit-based as well as financially related. Below listed Scholarships are given to students of the college :
- National Scholarship,
- Merit Scholarship to the Children of primary and Secondary Teachers,
- State Government Open Merit Scholarship,
- Talent Development Scholarship to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled caste Converts to Buddhism, Scheduled Tribes Students,
- Government of India Scholarship for Students from Non-Hindi Speaking States, Hindi Speaking States,
- State Govt. Scholarship "Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship"
- Other Backward Class Scholarships.
Sathaye College Facilities
The college is well versed with facilities that are required by the students like Library, Student Grievance Cell, College Grievance Cell, Canteen, Gymkhana, Science Laboratory, Anti-ragging cell, internal complaint committee for the students, etc. The following facilities are provided to students by the college :
- Lecture Halls: There are a total of 58 lecture halls with different capacities of holding Students for different courses.
- Library: Library is well versed with all the books and research papers which are required by the students along with internet facility for students and staff.
- Sports Facility: Proper equipment for sporting activity is also provided to students. The college has its own Gym for students and Faculties.
- Canteen: Students are also provided with a canteen facility along with mess for hostel students
Sathaye College FAQs
Ques. How are the faculties in PTVAs Sathaye College (PVTASC)?
Ans. Faculties of the college are well versed with all the skills which are required for the course development. Faculties also interact with the students in a positive environment.
Ques. How is the course structure in PTVAs Sathaye College (PVTASC) ?
Ans. Courses are well designed in order to bring over all development in the students. A combination of subjects are given to students which are in accordance with the skill requirement along with some mandatory courses.
Ques. Is there any ragging case in PTVAs Sathaye College (PVTASC) ?
Ans. No, College is very strict with these types of cases and also has a dedicated Cell for dealing with these cases.
Ques. How are the hostels in PTVAs Sathaye College (PVTASC) ?
Ans. Hostels are very good in the college with proper facility of canteen being provided to students. Students are also provided with a Common room facility which serves as a meeting room sometime.
Ques. Are there any scholarships that are provided to students of PTVAs Sathaye College (PVTASC) ?
Ans. Yes, Scholarships are provided to students on the merit based and on the basis of financial background.