Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College (JGEC), Jalpaiguri was established in 1961 in West Bengal. JGEC offers B.Tech and B.Tech lateral in 6 specializations in the UG domain, in addition to M.Tech in 2 specializations in the PG Domain. Admissions to all courses are entrance based. Admissions to B.Tech are based on WBJEE scores, while JELET scores are considered for Lateral Entry. Admissions to M.Tech are based on GATE scores.
Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College Highlights
|Established | Type||1961 | Government|
|Courses||B.Tech, B.Tech (lateral entry) and M.Tech|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Entrance Exam||B.Tech: WBJEE; B.Tech lateral: JELET; M.Tech: GATE|
|Application mode||Online and Offline|
|Top Recruiters||TCS, Bosch, Capgemini|
|Facilities||Hostel, Library, Canteen, Medical, etc.|
Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College Courses
JGEC offers B.Tech, B.Tech (lateral entry), and M.Tech programs in a total of 6 UG specializations and 2 PG specializations among 7 departments. The details of the courses are mentioned below.
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 10 + 2 in Science with an aggregate of 45% and a minimum of 30% in English
Specializations: Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Information Technology, and Mechanical Engineering Intake: 360 in all
Selection Criteria: WBJEE
Fees per annum: INR 14877
|B.Tech Lateral Entry||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Diploma in Engineering or B.Sc. in non-medical or computer science
Specializations: Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Technology, and Mechanical Engineering Selection Criteria: JELET
|M.Tech||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: B.Tech or B.E in relevant discipline
Specializations: Civil Engineering, and Computer Science and Engineering
Intake: 30 in all
Selection Criteria: GATE
Fees per annum: INR 51916
Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College Admissions
Admissions to all courses are based on entrance examinations. Applications are accepted online on the official Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology website.
- Admissions to B.Tech are based on WBJEE scores.
- Admissions to B.Tech lateral entry are based on JELET scores.
- Admissions to M.Tech are based on GATE scores.
How to Apply?
- Visit the website of MAKAUT.
- Click on ‘Admissions’
- Select the desired course and specialization
- Fill out the application form
- Pay the application fee online by credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
- Click on ‘Submit’
- The application form will appear on the screen.
- Download and take a printout of the form for future use.
Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College Placement
JGEC has a placement cell that actively participates in placing its students in premier companies. In 2019, 80% of the students were hired. The alumni of the college are well distributed among 14 sectors and 12 major companies, along with multiple smaller firms. 21 students received placements with the 3 associated employers in the 2018 session, and 103 students received placements in the 2017 session with 14 associated employers. The popular recruiters include:
|TATA Consultancy||Tech Mahindra||Ericsson|
Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College Facilities
Some of the facilities provided by the institute are:
- Laboratories: JGEC is well equipped with laboratories and computing facilities with more than 500 computers spread across various Departments, Printers and Copiers are also available with power back up facilities.
- Library: The Library and information center is provided with a sufficient number of books, journals, e-journals. LIBSYS software and its web-based online public access catalogue is accessible to everybody. The state-of-the-art Central Computing Facility is also available in the Institute.
- Sports: The college has two playgrounds and provides good Indoor and Outdoor Sports facilities for Football Basketball, Cricket, Table Tennis, Badminton, Cricket, and various indoor games in the hostels.
- Hostel: The Institute has 4 boys hostels and 1 girls hostels. Sports facilities, counseling facilities, and medical facilities are also available here.
- Other facilities include gymnasium, canteen, banking facilities, post office, provisional store, dispensary, etc.
Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College Faculty
The faculty consists of a total of 100 teaching faculty in its 7 departments. A total of 20 faculty members are qualified with Ph.D. degrees, while another 31 professors are qualified with PG degrees. The faculty comprises:
- 19 Professors
- 36 Associate Professors
- 55 Assistant Professors
Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College FAQs
Ques. How do we contact the Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College for any queries?
Ques. What is the Cut Off for the B.Tech program at JGEC?
|Computer Science and Engineering||1595-3337|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||2763-5062|
Read More: Jalpaiguri Government Engineering Cut Off
Ques. What are the important examination dates?
|WBJEE Registration||18 Oct - 13 Nov, 2019|
|WBJEE Exam||02 Feb 2020|
|GATE Registration||31 Aug - 05 Oct 2019|
|GATE Exam||01 Feb - 09 Feb, 2020;|
|JELET Registration||26 Mar - 16 Apr 2020|
|JELET Exam||14 Jul 2020|
Ques. Does the college provide any financial assistance to the students?
Ques. Can I apply if I have not given my final exams, but have a valid WBJEE score?