The New College is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu and was established in 1951. TNC is run by the Muslim Educational Association of Southern India (MEASI). The institute is a Government-Aided Muslim minority College affiliated to the University of Madras.
The New College offers courses in two shifts i.e. both day and evening, the evening shift courses are self-financed. Candidates can apply for UG, PG, Ph.D. and M. Phil courses in Arts, Commerce and Science subjects.
- Application forms are filled through online mode. Forms can also be obtained from the college and through the post as well.
- The last date for submission of completed application forms for Undergraduate Courses will be the 10th day after the date of publication of the Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Examination results.
- Similarly, the last date of submitting forms for PG courses is the 10th day after the date of publication of Undergraduate Degree Examination results of the University of Madras.
- For admission to UG programs, candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.
- An applicant who has graduated in relevant discipline is eligible to apply for PG courses.
- For doctorate programs, they must possess PG degree in the concerned subject.
- Selection to courses is based on qualifying exam merit and interview.
Read more: New College Chennai Fees Structure
|Name of College||The New College|
|Basic admission criteria||Merit-based|
|Application Mode||Online and offline|