Annapurna College of Film and Media was established in 2011 in the heart of Hyderabad. The institute is a full-time member of CILECT. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses, namely, B.A. and M.A. in a variety of film, media, and liberal arts subjects. There are also weekday and weekend certificate courses, as well as dual specialization courses that cover various aspects of film-making. Candidates can apply for these courses by filling the online application. Admissions are based on marks scored in the qualifying exam, entrance exam, group discussion, and interview.
The college has Placement Partners like Annapurna Studios, Arka Media Works, Asandwhen, Boxcar Caravan, Digital Domain, First Show, Guru Films, India Ahead to provide students with ample opportunities.
Annapurna College of Film and Media Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2011 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University|
|Entrance Exam||Institute’s own exam|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, and Dual Majors|
|Popular Courses||B.A. and M.A.|
|Application Mode||Online and offline|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance exam, GD, Interview|
|Facilities Available||Library, Editing Lab, Seminars, Sports|
Annapurna College of Film and Media Courses
Given below are the details of the top academic programs offered by the college.
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with minimum 50% marks in any stream
Selection criteria: Based on marks scored in the qualifying exam, entrance exam, group discussion, presentation, and personal interview
Specializations: Photography & Digital Imaging, Direction & Script Writing, Direction, Advertising & Digital Marketing, Animation & VFX, Direction & Production, Direction & Cinematography, Direction & Editing, and Direction & Sound Design
|Master of Arts (M.A.)||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree in any field with 2-3 years of industry experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication/ Visual Communication or a degree in a related discipline, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
Selection criteria: Based on marks scored in the qualifying exam, entrance exam, group discussion, presentation, personal interview, and group practical activity
Specializations: Direction & Script Writing, Direction & Production, Direction & Cinematography, Direction & Editing, Direction & Sound Design
|Certification||Duration: 12 days/24 weeks/1 year 8 weeks
Eligibility: Graduate in any stream
Selection criteria: Based on scores obtained in the qualifying exam
Specializations: 2D Animation, Radio Jockey, 3D Animation and Visual Effects, Film Acting, Film Editing, DSLR, Writing for Web Series
Read More: Annapurna College of Film and Media Fees
Annapurna College of Film and Media Admission
Admissions to all the courses are based on an entrance exam conducted by the Institute. There is also an Interview conducted, in addition to a group discussion. The previous qualifying examination marks are also considered.
Step 1: Fill the Online Application Form
- Provide accurate and complete details of the student
- Provide a clear Statement of Purpose
- Upload all the required documents - Educational Certificates, Government ID Proof, Passport size photo and Payment Receipt
- Make the required payment of the Application Fee. The college is currently charging INR 2100 for Graduate and Post Graduate Programs & INR 1000 for Certificate Courses. These fees are subject to change.
Step 2: Attend and clear the All India Entrance Examination
In light of the current Covid-19 situation, the college is conducting the All India Entrance Examination Online. Students will be informed of the date in advance and are expected to abide by the rules of the Online Entrance Examination. These details will be shared with Students once they complete their Online Application.
Step 3: Group Discussion & Presentation
Once the Entrance Examination is cleared, the college will conduct a session for Group Discussion and Presentation. The modalities of the same will be communicated to the students via email.
Step 4: Personal Interview
The Final Selection Round involves a Personal Interview session with each student. Details of the same will be shared with the Shortlisted Candidates after the completion of Group Discussion and Presentation.
Note: Students are required to carry their portfolio of creative work during the Admission Interview.
Candidates will be required to have the following documents in PDF/JPG/PNG format only:
- Scanned Passport Photograph
- Scanned copy of Government ID Proof
- Scanned copy of 10th Class Memo
- Scanned copy of 12th Class Memo
- Scanned copy of Graduation Memo (if applicable)
Annapurna College of Film and Media Placements
Annapurna College has been instrumental in creating successful career pathways for its students. Today the college has a large network of well-placed Alumni within the Global Film & Media Industry. The strong Film & Media legacy of the college coupled with its Internationally acclaimed board of Academic Advisors and Strong Industry Partnerships gives its students the right access to Learning and Placement Opportunities. Some of the top recruiters include:
|Annapurna Studios||Arka Media Works||Pocket Aces||Asandwhen|
|Boxcar Caravan||Digital Domain||RED FM||First Show|
|Guru Films||India Ahead||Rock Salt Interactive||Paper House Production|
Annapurna College of Film and Media Facilities
The college campus is located next to Annapurna Studio and is spread over an area of 22 acres. The institute is technically advanced with an integrated film and media hub. Some of the features include:
- Library: The library is fully air-conditioned and consists of a stack room and a reading room. It has a rich collection of latest books, national and international magazines.
- Infrastructure: This includes brand-new classrooms with the latest audio-visual equipment and acoustic treatments. A 100-seater preview theatre with digital projection. A 100-seat lecture hall is located inside a historic shooting floor and few conference rooms.
- Hostel: The college provides a hostel facility, and have rented a PG for the same which is located at a distance from the college campus, however, transport is easily available. The rooms are on a twin sharing basis. Each student is provided with a bed and a cupboard. The rooms have Wi-Fi facilities and an AC.
- Sports: The institute has sports facilities for several indoor and outdoor sports.
- Production facilities: There are five non-AC and five AC sound stages each between 10,400 and 14,800 square feet. The campus also has some beautiful outdoor locations and permanent sets which include a modern luxurious house and a traditional village.
- Post-production facilities: This includes an iMac computer lab with software like Final Cut Pro, Movie Magic, and AVID Editing Suites. There are two dubbing theatres, a Cintel Ditto 4K film scanner and a Mistika 4K DI suite for the students to use and learn.
Annapurna College of Film and Media Overall Review
The private institute is a renowned school of Film and Media in the country. The college offers B.A. and M.A. in various specialties. The best features of the college are as follows-
- A team of experienced and renowned faculties
- Internationally Renowned Academic Advisors and International Collaborations
- Good exposure is provided to the students
- A lively and professional environment for learning is provided
- Internship and placement opportunities in renowned companies
Annapurna College of Film and Media FAQs
Ques. Are there any student clubs present in the college?
Ques. Does the college provide any financial aid?
Ques. What is the evaluation pattern for B.A.?
Ques. Does the college follow a dress code?
Ques. Does the college provide a transport facility for its students to commute from the hostel?