Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science, formerly known as SNR Sons College, is ranked 43rd in TOP 50 Best Arts & Science Colleges in India by The Week Magazine, 2019. SRCAS offers 24 Undergraduate and 9 Postgraduate programs such as BA, B.Com, B.Sc, MA, M.Com, M.Sc, etc. Admission at the college is merit-based and the interested students are required to visit the campus to fill the application form.
SRCAS has a placement rate of 96% and has been on a gradual rise since 2013-14. The students are placed in top-recruiting companies like Amazon, Infosys, Wipro, HDFC, IDBI, etc. The college also provides internships to students in sectors such as Software, Electronics, Banking, Accounts, Catering and Hospitality, Bio-Tech, etc.
|Established | Institute Type||1987 | Private (Autonomous)|
|Approved by||AICTE, NAAC, and UGC|
|Affiliated to||Bharathiar University|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Infosys, Wipro, HDFC, IDBI|
|Medium of Instruction||English and Tamil|
|Facilities||Library, Hostel, Sports ground, Lab, Auditorium|
|Official Website | Contact Number||https://www.srcas.ac.in/ | +91 - 422 - 2562788|
SRCAS Awards and Accolades
Mentioned below are some of the many awards and accolades of Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science:
- Internationally accredited with Grade ‘A’ by the Confederation of International Accreditation Council
- Accredited with Grade ‘A’ by NAAC in its 3rd cycle
- Ranked in Top 100 All India Ranking of Arts & Science Colleges by INDIA TODAY Magazine, 2019
- Ranked 69th in NIRF by Government of India in 2017 and 150-200 Band in 2018 and 2019
- Ranked 43rd in TOP 50 Best Arts & Science Colleges in India by THE WEEK Magazine, 2019
- Best College for Innovative Education Award by Government of Telangana in 2017
- The Most Promising Institute for Arts and Science in India Award in the Asia Education Summit and Awards 2017 at New Delhi
- Bagged 64th Place for Arts, 47th Place for Science, 69th Place for Commerce, 16th Place for BCA and 48th Place for BBA Courses by India Today Survey in 2018
Given below is a brief about the major courses offered by the Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science:
Other than the above-mentioned courses, the college also offers doctoral courses in the streams of Electronics, Computer Science, Commerce, Biotechnology, Management Sciences, Social Work, English, Tamil, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Admissions at Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science are merit-based. The admission process of the college begins in April and ends in June.
- All candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Course conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu or an equivalent examination shall be eligible to join the first year of the UG degree courses.
- All candidates, who have passed a UG degree examination of Bharathiar University or an equivalent examination, shall be eligible to join the first year of PG Degree courses in SRCAS.
- M.Phil., candidates are selected on the basis of marks scored in their Master’s Degree program as well as their performance in the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by BharathiarUniversity.
- Ph.D. Selection of research candidates is on the basis of merit, performance in CET conducted by Bharathiar University, and interview. Students who have cleared CET conducted by state agencies such as SET and national agencies such as UGC NET / UGC-CSIR-NET / GATE are exempted from CET for admission into Ph.D. programs.
Admissions to Ph.D. and M.Phil programs are made on the basis of the Common Entrance Test (CET) followed by an interview. UGC/CSIR-JRF NET/SLET/GATE holders need not enter for this test but must give the interview. Their qualifying marks are converted to 50.
|The qualifying examinations marks converted to||50 Marks|
|CET/ UGC/ CSIR-JRF NET/ SLET/ GATE||35 marks|
|Marks Interview||15 Marks|
Based on the selection list, the students are interviewed on the date of admission, all original documents are verified and admitted to the corresponding programs offered by the institution.
SRCAS has a Center for Training, Internship, and Placement known as TIP Center. This center provides placement training, internship and placements in multinational and national companies for all final year UG and PG students.
- PACE (Personality Aptitude and Career Enhancement) is a training program that is offered for all UG programs during semesters 1 to 5. Students are trained in Communication and Linguistic Ability, Quantitative and Reasoning Skills, Soft skills, and Life Skills during their period of study.
- MACE (Masters Ability and Career Enhancement) is another training program offered for all PG programs during 1st and 2nd semesters.
- Technical training is also provided to all students that suit final placements.
SRCAS has a placement rate of 96%, which has only been at a gradual increase. Mentioned below is a graphical representation of the increase in placements.
The college also provided internships to the students in various sectors. Given below are the sector-wise stats of students:
Some of the scholarships applicable to candidates applying to SRCAS are:
- Management Scholarship: This scholarship is given under the various categories mentioned below.
- Merit Scholarship: Merit Scholarship is given to students based on the marks scored in their 12th standard Board Examination. The scholarship is also extended to the children of the employees of SNR Trust and to the students who have already studied in SNR group institutions.
- Postgraduate Scholarship: The students who get admitted to a Post Graduate course after completing their under graduation in SNR group institutions are given a scholarship of 50% of the first-semester fee.
- Sports Scholarship: Sports Scholarship is given in the first year to undergraduate as well as postgraduate students who have participated in the University, State, National and International level sports. The scholarship is extended to the subsequent years of study, provided the students have a minimum of 60% attendance, have no arrears, and are duly certified by the Physical Education Director.
- Free Education: Scholarships under the Free Education Scheme as per the norms of Bharathiar University are also provided to students.
- Alumni Association Scholarship: Alumni Association extends a helping hand in supporting the deserving students with an Alumni scholarship. The students are selected based on their marks, income, and feedback from the department.
In addition, students can apply to government scholarships and private sector scholarships, if eligible.
The facilities provided by SRCAS include:
- Infrastructure: This includes smart classrooms, state-of-the-art laboratories, and spacious and advanced computer labs with full access to the web.
- Hostel: The college provides a fully furnished hostel for both boys and girls, offering a comfortable and safe housing to all its students. Both hostels are facilitated with well-equipped Gyms, a playground, and indoor gaming facilities.
- Library: With an area of 6000 sq. ft, the library houses more than 45000 volumes of books. Students and scholars can also access online through EBSCO Business Source Elite, INFLIBNET- N-List, NDL (National Digital Library of India), etc.
- Sports: A full-fledged 5 man synthetic football court and cricket ground are available for both students and the public.
- Transport: Transport facility is available in and around Coimbatore City. College buses ply from Mettupalayam, Karamadai, Tirupur, Palladam, Alandurai, Avinashi, Vadavalli, Pollachi, Sundarapuram and Pachapalayam.
The teaching fraternity is constituted by 210 highly qualified, experienced & devoted individuals from various platforms viz. Academics, authors of imported books, and experts from industries. 170 faculty members are Ph.D. and more than 75 faculty members are pursuing further Ph.D. in various disciplines. The faculty fraternity is trained from time to time in order to keep up with the latest trends.
Read More: SRCAS Faculty
Sri Ramakrishnan College of Arts and Science seems to be a wonderful choice, with the best of faculty and facilities. The clubs, activities, and extracurriculars stand out superbly, and the placement drives are a grand success.
Ques. Is the placement rate of Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science good?
Ans. The placement rate of Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science borders on excellence. It had a success rate of 96% last year, and some of the top recruiters include Amazon, Infosys, Wipro, HDFC, IDBI. A total of 150 companies are included in its top recruiters.
Ques. What are some of the rankings of SRCAS?
Ans. Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science ranked 43rd in TOP 50 Best Arts & Science Colleges in India by THE WEEK Magazine, 2019. It was placed in the 150-200 rank band in the NIRF ranking system and ranked #69 in 2017. It is a certified partner institute of the “Study in India” initiative by MHRD, Government of India. Not only is it accredited by NAAC with an ‘A’ in its third cycle, but it is also internationally accredited with an ‘A’ grade by the Confederation of International Accreditation Council (CIAC).
Ques. What is Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science's online fees payment procedure?
Ans. Online fee payment can be made by Net Banking / Credit Cards / Debit Cards. The candidate has to enter the Register number. Kindly verify the name and class of the student. Click on "View Fee " to get the details of the fees to be paid. Then click on "Pay online" and you will be directed to an online portal, wherein you have to select your mode of payment such as Credit card / Debit card / Net Banking. Kindly follow the instructions as applicable to your choice of payment.
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of admission?
Ans. The documents required while seeking admission to the courses are:
Original mark statement of the qualifying Examinations (10th, +2 for UG issued by the examination authority
Transfer certificate and Conduct certificate
Provisional certificate ((in case of candidates seeking PG admission)
Certificate of proof to be provided when admission is sought under some Special Quota/concessions like Differently able/ Sports Quota/ NCC/Ex-Servicemen
One set of attested photocopies of the above certificates
Ques. Is any preference given to athletes or sportspersons at the time of admission?
Ans. Athletes and outstanding sportspersons are given first preference and a fee concession by the management during admission. While admitting foreign students, it has to be ensured that the candidate holds a valid visa (students’ visa/ provisional students’ visa) to study in India and eligibility for admission. The students are requested to obtain clearance from The Registrar, Bharathiar University with regard to the eligibility of the candidate before confirming their admission.