Established in 1997, Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology is an engineering college located in Avadi, Chennai. Formerly affiliated to the Anna University, the college got the recognition of a deemed-to-be university in the year 2008.
Vel Tech R&D Institute of Science and Technology offers UG, PG, and Doctorate courses in the departments of Engineering and Management. At the UG level, the college offers B.Tech (10 streams), B.Com, and BBA courses. At the PG level, the college offers M.Tech (8 streams), and MBA course. In addition to it, Ph.D. courses are offered in Engineering/Technology, Management Sciences, and in Science & Humanities.
- In case of B.Tech, candidate should have passed minimum 50% marks.
- For B.Com course, the candidates need to qualify 10+2 examination in the commerce stream with at least 80% marks
- Candidates need to pass the 10+2 examination with minimum 50% marks for admission to BBA.
- All the candidates seeking admission to M.Tech and MBA courses must qualify the respective UG courses
- For admission to Ph.D, candidates need to obtain minimum 55% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer), differently abled, and other categories are provided a relaxation of 5% in required aggregate.
Vel Tech R&D Institute of Science and Technology Highlights Table
|Name of college||Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology|
|College type||Deemed-to-be university|
|Basic admission criteria||Entrance and merit-based|
|Application mode||Online and offline|
|Name of the entrance||For B.Tech: VTUEEE For MBA: Written Test/Personal Interview For PhD: Entrance exam and Interview|