|Name of the Courses
||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
|Mode of the Courses
||4.5 years + 1 year Internship
|Mode of Application
|Application Fee (NEET UG)
||INR 1500/- General
INR 1400/- General-EWS/ OBC-NCL
INR 800/- SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender
||Merit based on NEET UG
GVMC Vellore MBBS Eligibility
- Candidates must have secured at least 50% aggregate percentage in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotech. & must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotech. & English individually. Candidates who have passed 10+2 level with Biology as an additional subject will also be eligible.
- Candidate passed B.Sc. from Indian University with not less than 2 of the subjects Physica, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Biotech. & further passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English can also apply.
- Result awaited candidates can also apply on provisional basis.
- The lower age limit is 17 years on or before 31st December.
- The upper age limit is 25 years (30 yrs for SC/ST/OBC category).
- Candidate must have secured 50th (40th for SC, ST & OBC candidates) percentile in NEET
GVMC Vellore MBBS Selection Criteria
- Admission to 85% of seats is through state counselling, conducted by The Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu, on the basis of rank/score obtained in NEET UG examination,
- Admission to 15% of seats is through All India counselling, conducted by Directorate General of Health Services, on the basis of rank/score obtained in NEET UG examination,
GVMC Vellore MBBS Cutoff
Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET UG 2020 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
||Cutoff scores (Approx.)
How To Apply?
Candidates applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Tamil Nadu can register themselves separately for the State and All India NEET UG counseling 2020. The counseling will consist of these steps.
- Visit the official website of NEET OG 2020.
- Register, fill the application form, pay, and submit the application.
- Appear for the examination
- Register to the official websites of State NEET counselling and All India NEET counselling.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): Choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counseling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counseling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For further detailed counselling process, click here