St Joseph’s College Bangalore, Karnataka, is an autonomous higher education institution established in 1882 with the view to provide education to the minority Catholic community of the area. It is affiliated to the Bangalore University. The college was granted College for Excellence‘(CE) status by the UGC and accredited as A++ by NAAC. SJC Bangalore offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the field of Arts, Science, and Commerce across various specializations. It also provides BBA, BCA, BSW, B.Voc. and diploma programs as well.
SJC Bangalore Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1882 | Public (Autonomous)|
|Courses offered||UG & PG|
|Admission Criteria||Merit & Entrance based|
SJC Bangalore Courses
Following are the courses offered by St Joseph’s College, Bangalore, under various specializations and levels:
|B.A.||Communicative English, Economics, Industrial Relations, English, History, Journalism, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Visual Communication||10+2 or any equivalent with 50% aggregate marks|
|B.Sc||Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Statistics, Zoology||10+2 with PCM/PCB as compulsory subjects|
|B.Com||Regular, Industry Integrated||10+2 or any equivalent with 50% aggregate|
|B.VOC||Visual Media & Film Making, Digital Media & Animation|
|BSW||-||10+2 or any equivalent|
|M.Sc.||Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Microbiology, Data Analytics, Physics||Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field with 50% marks in aggregate.|
|M.A.||English, Political Science, Economics, Mass Communication & Journalism|
|PG Diploma||Banking & Business Analytics, Human Resource Management, Computer Application, Medical Lab Technicians, Financial Management, Executive Manager in Health Care|
Read more SJC Bangalore Courses & Fees
SJC Bangalore Admission
Application forms are available on the official website of the college. The selection criteria for the courses are mentioned below:
UG Admission: For B.A (Visual Communication), EJP, BCA, and B.Voc. Courses, separate entrance exams followed by a personal interview will be conducted by the college. For all other UG courses, admission is based on merit in the last qualifying exam and interview
PG Admission: Admission to the PG courses is done on the basis of marks secured in the last qualifying exam followed by a personal interview. For PG Diploma programs, an entrance exam is conducted by the college
- Visit the official website of St Joseph’s College, Bangalore.
- On the home page itself, you will see an option called “Apply Online”.
- Here, you can register by filling in the necessary details and uploading the asked documents. The selection of courses can be done in this window.
- After registration, Candidates can pay the fee using either NEFT or Debit/Credit Card only.
- After payment, you can log in using your user ID and password.
- Enter all the basic details in the form.
- Upload photographs and other documents.
- After verification, click on the submit button.
- The server will generate an application form that you can save and print for future use.
Read more SJC Bangalore Admission
SJC Bangalore Placements
The Office of Student Placement and Skill Development offers many programs for interested students like Resume Writing Workshops, Employability Skills, Aptitude Test, Entrepreneurship Skills, Fund Raising, and Start-Up Workshops, On-time Mock Tests, Personality Development, and Career Counseling.
Some of the many recruiters are Deloitte, Strands, Exterior-Interior, EgiPatachala, Baldwins Methodist College for Women, Briefing Bears, Career Launcher, MGH, CACTUS, Million Minds, Walt Disney, Cognizant, SAP Labs and more.
Read more SJC Bangalore Placement
SJC Bangalore Facilities
- Laboratories - State of the art laboratories is maintained for all disciplines in both the UG and the PG campuses. High-end equipment and studios with the latest technology and best in class editing suites for both video editing and sound design are provided for students from the visual communications stream.
- Accessibility- The College is sensitive to the needs of differently-abled students/staff and provides facilities to meet their requirements. The college has ramps, railings along stairs, elevators, and wheelchairs to provide access to all areas of the campus.
- Sports - Inter-class sports competitions are held to encourage maximum participation of students in sports and games. Representing the College in University level, state level, international levels are encouraged wholeheartedly by the institution.
- Hostels - The College has separate hostel facilities for men and women students. The college has two men‘s hostels, one within the campus and another hostel located 6 KM away from campus.
- Other Facilities - Auditorium, ATM, Wi-Fi, Canteen, Library
Read more SJC Bangalore Hostel
SJC Bangalore FAQs
Ques: Can I take admission offline?
Ques: What opportunities does the Evening College provide?
Ques: What are the various committees on campus?
Ques: Does SJC Bangalore provide any special courses for students?
Ques: How can one apply for scholarships?