National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Srinagar was established by the ministry of textile, India in 1995. NIFT, Srinagar offers only UG courses i.e B.Des in Fashion Communication and Fashion Design. The selection of the candidates is entrance based. The application mode is online.
NIFT Srinagar Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1995 | Public|
|Approved by||Ministry of Textile, Govt. of IndiabranchAre and AICTE|
|Entrance Exam||CAT and GAT|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Career options||Interior designer, Fashion designer, Jewelry designer, Graphic design, etc.|
NIFT Srinagar Courses
NIFT Srinagar offers a UG course i.e B.Des. Let's discuss the course's details, duration, and Eligibility.
Duration: 4 Years
Read More: NIFT Srinagar Fee Structure
NIFT Srinagar Admission
For those seeking admission at NIFT Srinagar, can apply online on the official website. The admissions are based on performance in the entrance exams. In the admissions of B.des. programs, the weightage of scores is- 50% weightage to the CAT exam, 30% weightage to the GAT exam, and the rest 20% weightage is given to the situation test.
How to Apply?
- The eligible candidates can visit the official website of the institute to apply.
- Go through all the guidelines available for the admissions and follow the steps before filling your application form
- Enter the correct details asked there.
- After entering your details, academic details, you can proceed for submitting fees online through various online payment methods.
- The applicants can also make payment through DD.
Read More: NIFT Srinagar Admission
NIFT Srinagar Scholarship
NIFT Srinagar currently offers Educational Loan schemes to eligible and meritorious candidates for assistance in pursuing their studies from NIFT. NIFT has tie-up with the Union Bank of India (UBI) for Student Education Loans at a special rate of interest of 11.75%. The rate of interest is 11.25% for candidates belonging to the SC/ ST category and female students. The students can approach any Branch of UBI across the country with proof of clearing the NIFT entrance test to avail the facility.
Read More: NIFT Srinagar Fee Cutoff
NIFT Srinagar Facilities
The facilities available at NIFT Srinagar include:
- Campus infrastructure: NIFT Srinagar has shifted to a newly constructed campus in Budgam, Jammu and Kashmir. The campus has facilities, a library, historical fashion records, and well-established classrooms.
- Hostels: The college provides a safe, hygienic environment, with separate hostels for boys and girls.
- Resource Center: The institute provides various assisting resources for designing courses.
- Other Facilities: NIFT Srinagar has Academic Block, Administrative Block, Auditorium, Residential quarters and design studio.
Read More: NIFT Srinagar Reviews
NIFT Srinagar FAQs
Ques. How can I contact NIFT Srinagar?
Ans. Address- NIFT Srinagar, SIDCO Electronic Complex, Rangreth, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir-191132 Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ques. Can I feel proud and safe here?
Ans. Yes, you can, because NIFTs are the top designing institutes in our country.
Ques. Is there student recognition and award distribution events at NIFT Srinagar?
Ans. Yes, the institute selects the students and awards them for their unique and leading work.
Ques. Are there any PG degree programs in designing offered at NIFT Srinagar?
Ans. No, for now, the institute only offers admission to 1 UG program i.e B.Des.
Ques. What are the documents required for admission at NIFT Srinagar?
Ans. Documents required for admission at NIFT Srinagar include:
- Original and photocopy of 12h mark sheets and certificates.
- Bank Demand Draft for fees.
- Birth Certificate or 10th Marksheet.
- Category Certificate, Domicile Certificate, as applicable
- Income Proof.
- Medical Certificate.
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of INR 10
- Anti-Ragging undertaking
- Refund of fee undertaking.