Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Centenary College started functioning in 1963 with a view of remembering the first birth centenary of Swami Vivekananda. The institute is administered and maintained by the Ramkrishna Mission. It is affiliated to West Bengal State University, Barasat. RKMVCC Kolkata offers undergraduate, postgraduate & research programs in the field of science. The admission to this college is only for male candidates.
RKMVCC Kolkata Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1963 | Private|
|Courses offered||UG, PG & PG Diploma|
|Admission Criteria||Merit & Entrance based|
|Facilities||Library, Computer & Multimedia Lab, Sports|
RKMVCC Kolkata Courses
Following are the courses offered by the college under different specializations and levels:
B. Sc. (Hons.)
Read more RKMVCC Kolkata Courses and Fees
RKMVCC Kolkata Admission
Candidates can apply online for admission through the official website of the college. The selection criteria for the courses are mentioned below:
1. B. Sc. Admission- The admission to this course is based on the merit scored by the students in the entrance test conducted by the college
2. M. Sc. Admission- The admission process takes place in two phases.
- Phase 1: Only those students can apply online who have completed their B. Sc. Honours from WBSU. The selection process is done based on marks scored in respective honors subject
- Phase 2: Students who have passed their B. Sc. Honours from any other recognized University as well as the students from WBSU, who were not selected in Phase 1. The selection is done based on their performance in the admission test.
- Visit the official website of RKMVCC.
- Select your preferred course under the Admissions tab at the home page.
- Fill in the application form online.
- Pay the fee of application fee via online
- Fill in the application form through electronic payment gateway or via SBI branch
- Download the filled-in form for future reference
Read more RKMVCC Kolkata Admission
RKMVCC Kolkata Scholarships
The students are granted the following scholarships based on their academic performance, general conduct, consideration of financial situations, and if they belong to reserved categories. Some of the scholarships are:
- Merit-cum-means Scholarships
- Post-Matric Scholarship
- Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
- Swami Adi Scholarship Belur Math
- Bhutoria Memorial Trust Scholarship
- Tuition Fee Waiver Stipend from R.K.M.V.C.C
Read more RKMVCC Kolkata Scholarships
RKMVCC Kolkata Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the college to meet the needs of its students:
- Library: The library is digitalized and has a huge collection of books on various subjects. It remains open from 10:30 am to 6:00 pm on working days.
- Computer Labs: There are two computer labs for the students with high-speed internet connectivity.
- AC Seminar hall: An air-conditioned seminar hall is there with 200 seating capacity and has modern audio-visual systems for conducting seminars, workshops, etc.
- Other Facilities: ICT enabled classrooms, broadband connectivity, conference room, laboratories, etc.
RKMVCC Kolkata FAQs
Ques: How to apply for scholarships?
Ans: The eligible students will have to submit an application to the Principal’s office and they will be granted the scholarship.
Ques: Are there any hostel facility at RKMVCC Kolkata?
Ans: No, the college does not provide any accommodation facility
Ques: How many seats are available for the B. Sc. courses?
Ans: There 60 seats available in each specialization of the B. Sc. course, including the reserved seats.
Ques: What are fee structures for the B. Sc. and M. Sc. courses?
Ans: For the various specializations of B. Sc. courses, the fee ranges from Rs. 10,420 to Rs. 15,420 per year. For the M. Sc. courses, the fee is Rs. 17,500 per year.
Ques: Is there any dress code at this college?
Ans: Yes, the students have to wear a uniform that they can purchase at the time of admissions.
Ques: What are the timings for classes?
Ans: The timings for classes are from 10:30 am to 5:15 pm. However, some classes may be held before 10:30.