NID Bengaluru offers 5 courses under the Master's degree. Aspiring students require a bachelor's degree or a full-time diploma in Design/Fine Arts/Applied Arts/ Architecture to apply for admissions.
Students are admitted via an entrance exam followed by a studio test, and an interview.
|Basic Eligibility Criteria
||Bachelor’s Degree or full-time diploma
|Basic Admission Criteria
||DAT Prelims and DAT Mains
Specializations offered by the Institute are:
- Design for Retail Experience
- Digital Game Design
- Information Design
- Interaction Design
- Universal Design
The eligibility criteria of NID Bengaluru rests on your educational qualifications, age and your entrance exam alongwith the studio test. However, the eligibility criteria varies slightly for the different categories.
(i) Age Limit:
||Born on or after 1 July 1990
||born on or after 1 July 1990
||born on or after 1 July 1987
|Person with Disabilities (PwD)
||born on or after 1 July 1985
(ii) Educational Qualifications
To satisfy the second requirement, one must possess either,
- Bachelor degree of minimum 4-year duration in any specialization, after 12th standard or equivalent to 12th standard from any university or institute recognised by law in India.
- Bachelor degree of minimum 3-year duration in any specialization, after 12th standard or equivalent to 12th standard, from any university or institute recognised by law in India.
- Full-time Diploma of minimum 4-year duration in Design/Fine Arts/Applied Arts/ Architecture, after 12th standard or equivalent to 12th standard, from any university or institute recognised by law in India.
Notably, candidates, in the final year, whose universities may not have issued the final degree certificate by the date of application to NID, are eligible to apply, subject to passing all subjects without any backlog.
In order to be considered for admission, a candidate needs to have appeared in both DAT Prelims and DAT Mains.
DAT Prelims and DAT Mains
- A merit list is prepared in accordance with the results of DAT Prelims for each category. Based on that merit list, candidates are called for DAT Mains. DAT Mains includes a studio test+Interview.
- Thereafter, based on the results of DAT Mains, a number of candidates are shortlisted for each discipline offered by NID Bengaluru. Based on the sum total of the weighted scores obtained by the candidate in each stage of the admission process, namely the DAT Prelims and DAT Mains, the final merit list is prepared.
- The final merit list has category-wise generation of candidates for each of the disciplines. Finally, a Common merit list will be generated based on the percentile score.