National Institute of Design (NID) Gandhinagar was established in 2004. It offers a variety of courses such as B.Des, M.Des, and Ph.D. (Des) with various specializations. The mode of application through online only and for admission for process applicants must appear Design Aptitude Test (DAT) Prelims and mains.
In 2019, 100 students were placed with the best recruiters like Wipro, Titan, Philips, Toshiba, Adobe, Bombay Design House, Adidas Group India, Malabar Gold and Diamonds, Myntra Red Bus, Future Group, Tanishq, IBM, Infosys, etc.
NID Gandhinagar Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2004 | Public|
|Approved by||AICTE, Association of Indian Universities (AIU)|
|Affiliated to||Department of Scientific and Industrial Research under the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India|
|Courses Offered||B.Des, M.Des & Ph.D. (Des)|
|Entrance Exam||Design Aptitude Test (DAT)|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Top Recruiters||Wipro, Titan, Philips, Toshiba, Adobe, Bombay Design House|
|Campus Area||11,362 square meters|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports|
NID Gandhinagar Courses Offered
The college offers B.Des, M.Des, and Ph.D. courses. Details are as follows-
|Bachelor Of Design (B.Des.)||Specializations: Animation Film Design (19), Ceramic & Glass Design(13), Exhibition Design(13), Film and Video Communication (13), Furniture and Interior Design (13), Graphic Design (19), Product Design (19), and Textile Design(19).
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility Criteria: should have passed 10+2
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based
Fees: INR 7.13 LPA
|Master of Design (M.Des.)||Specializations with Seat Intake: Apparel Design (19), Lifestyle Accessory (19), New Media Design (19), Strategic Design Management (19), Toy & Game Design (12), and Transportation & Automobile Design(19)
Duration: 2.5 years
Eligibility Criteria: Bachelor’s Degree or full-time diploma of minimum four years in Design, Fine Arts, Applied Arts or Architecture from a recognized university
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based
Fees: INR 3.19 LPA
|Ph.D. (Des)||Duration: 3 years (Part-time), 5 years (full-time)
Eligibility Criteria: Bachelor’s degree in design with 55%
Selection Criteria: Candidates must appear Design Research Test and Personal interview
Fees: INR 3.19 LPA
Read More: NID Gandhinagar Fees
NID Gandhinagar Admission
Admission to all courses at NID is based on the performance of candidates in two stages of the Design Aptitude Test (Prelims and Mains).
How to Apply?
- Candidates can fill out an online application form by entering their mobile number, email ID, date of birth, etc.
- After registration, login will be sent via email to the email address listed. Log in to your account user id and password and fill out all the necessary details.
- After filling in all the details, click 'Save & Continue' to go to the next step to 'Upload Document'.
- Upload the latest scan passport size photograph and signature as per the instructions.
- NIDs 2020 application fee can be submitted online or offline.
- For overseas candidates must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian University (AIU), New Delhi.
Read More: NID Gandhinagar Admission
NID Gandhinagar Cutoff
The cut off from NID in 2020 will be released after the declaration of the results of NID. The candidates get admission in degree or diploma program 4 years and 2.5 years post-graduate programs in design after clearing all stages of the test. NID expected cutoff 2020 is as follows:
Read More: NID Gandhinagar Cutoff
NID Gandhinagar Placement
Some recruiters who have faith in productive students of NID Gandhinagar are Wipro Technologies, JP Morgan, Baheat Silks, Toshiba, Japan, Philips, Microsoft India Pvt Ltd, Oracle, Rangoli, Red Bus, the DDecor exports, Relaxo Footwear, GE health, Samsung Design Delhi, Myntra, Tanishq, Tata Motors Ltd., Zomato.com, IBM India research lab, Infosys Technologies Ltd, Godrej Industries, eBay, etc.
Read More: NID Gandhinagar Reviews
NID Gandhinagar Facilities
- Hostel: National Institute of Design, Gandhinagar provides boarding facilities for boys and girls. hostel accommodation allocated for one year and students must register for the reallocation of every year. Local students can not apply for hostel accommodation. Semifinal room furnished with a bed, desk, chair, and storage space for each student.
- Sports: The institute has well-equipped sports facilities like badminton court, Gym, Basketball court, etc.
- Library: The institute has an excellent library with the latest technology
- Other facilities: The institute provides attractive facilities such as Design studio, cafeteria, Auditorium, and Wi-fi campus
Read More: NID Gandhinagar Hostel Fees
NID Gandhinagar FAQs
Ques. What is the Design Aptitude Test and Design Research Test?
Ques. What is the exam pattern of NIT DAT 2020?
|NID DAT 2020||For B.Des. & GDPD||For M.Des.|
|No. of sections||2 (Section A and B)||2 (Section A and B)|
|No. of Questions||Section A: 64 (MCQ)||Section A: 59 (MCQ)|
|Section B: 3 (Subjective)||Section B: 3 (Subjective)|
|Duration||3 hours||2 ½ hour|
Ques. What about the reservation category for admission 2020?
|Category||Reservation (in %)|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27|
Ques. Is NI Ds DAT 2020 will take place in the online mode?
Ques. What is the age limit for NID DAT for the M.Des course and how many attempts are there?