Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID), established in 2002, is a private college affiliated to the Symbiosis International. The college is situated at Viman Nagar, Pune. Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune offers full-time UG courses in the field of design such as Fashion Design, Industrial Design, Communication Design, and Fashion Communication.
- Candidates interested in pursuing B.Des from SID need to register for SEED on the official website of the SET examination.
- After registering for SEED, candidates have to register online on the official website of Symbiosis Institute of Design.
- Those seeking admission to UG programs in SID must have passed 10+2 examination in any stream (Arts, Commerce or Science) or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates who will qualify in SEED (Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design) will be shortlisted for studio test and personal interaction.
- Final selection of candidates will be on the basis of their performance in SEED, Studio Test and Personal Interaction.
- For international students, SCIE (Symbiosis Center for International Education) handles admission to B.Des programs.
Symbiosis Institute of Design Highlights Table
|Name of the College||Symbiosis Institute of Design|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance-based (conducted by Symbiosis International University)|
|Name of the entrance||SEED (Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design)|
|Entrance Mode||Offline (Pen and paper-based)|