University School of Open Learning (USOL), established in 1971, is formerly known as the Department of Correspondence Studies. It is approved by University Grants Commission (UGC) and Distance Education Board (DEB) and provides education at one’s doorstep for those who are not able to access the education from any sorts. USOL offers Undergraduate, Post graduate, Diploma, Professional courses and certification programs.
USOL Punjab Courses
USOL Punjab offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses besides offering Postgraduate Diploma courses and other Certificate courses.
|Course||Eligibility||Fees in INR|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A)||Intermediate passed with avg 50% marks.||3850|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com)||Intermediate passed with avg 50% marks with Commerce as main subject||15,000|
|Bachelor of Library Science ( B. Lis)||Intermediate passed with avg 50% marks.||17,000|
|Bachelor of Education (B. ed)||Bachelor degree with 50% aggregate||17,375|
|Master of Arts (M. A)||Bachelor degree with 50% aggregate||17,470|
|M. Com||B. Com degree with 50% aggregate||18,370|
|MBA||Bachelor degree with 50% aggregate||49,750|
|Post Graduate Diploma Courses|
|Computer Applications||Postgraduate degree in any discipline of the University or a degree of any other University which has been recognized||31,875|
|Disaster Management and Corporate Security||Postgraduate degree in any discipline of the University or a degree of any other University which has been recognized||16,375|
|Guidance and Counselling||Postgraduate degree in any discipline of the University or a degree of any other University which has been recognized||16,375|
|Health, Family Welfare and Population Education||17,560|
|Human Rights and Duties||Bachelor's/Postgraduate degree in any discipline of the University or a degree of any other University which has been recognized||16,560|
|Library Automation and Networking||16,560|
|Women Studies||Bachelor‟s Degree of Panjab University with not less than 40 % marks in the aggregate||8850|
|Corporate security, safety and Fire protection Management||Officers and JCOs of Defence Services (serving and retired)||5500|
NOTE: All these Diploma courses and Certificate courses are of duration one year.
Read more: Punjab University USOL fees
USOL Punjab Admissions
Admission in USOL Punjab is done through online mode. Candidates need to check the dates of Admission from USOL website.
- First Register yourself On-line and create Login ID and Password using ‘New Candidate Registration’.
- Note down your Login ID and Password details. (Don’t share your login ID and Password details with anyone)
- Log in using your registered Login ID and fill the application form online itself. (Read the instructions carefully before submission of form).
- Upload the scanned copies of required documents as asked on the application form (eg. photograph, signatures etc.). Photo and signatures should be in JPEG format. All other documents should be in PDF format (max. 02MB).
- Admission Form Fee can be paid only using Net Banking/Credit Card / Debit Card/ SBI Challan/Post office Challan
- It provides study material in Self-learning mode.
- Assignments are given to students to study
- Personal Contact Program is introduced by USOL to make the learning easy.
- Response sheets are given to students for practice.
- Video and Audio- cassette Lessons on selected topics, Dissertations/ Projects in selected courses and Counseling of students on a one to one basis, organizing Regional and National Seminars and Special Lecture Series. To cater to the masses, for most courses, the printed study material is provided in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
- Well -equipped Library, postal library facilities, an Educational Media Centre, Laboratories, a Computer Lab and subsidized hostel facility for outstation students
- The USOL also involves the students in co-curricular activities and brings them together on a common platform despite their diverse locations.
- Since computers are becoming an integral part of the education process, the USOL has established a small Computer Lab with 10 Computers to facilitate lesson production.