Don Bosco College, Kottiyam is a self-financed college which was established in the year 1984. Located in the suburban town of Kottiyam in the city of Kollam, Kerala, the college is affiliated with the University of Kerala and approved by the UGC.
Don Bosco College, Kottiyam offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses such as B.A, BBA, BCA, B.Com, MA, and M.Com. The admissions are offered purely on the basis of merit.
Don Bosco College Kottiyam Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1984 | Private|
|Affiliated to||University of Kerala|
|Courses Offered||UG & PG|
|Application mode||Online & Offline|
|Campus Area||10 Acres|
|Facilities available||Library, Hostel, Transport, Sports Club, Canteen, Labs|
Don Bosco College Kottiyam Courses
Don Bosco College offers many undergraduate and postgraduate courses across many streams.
|Tax Procedure & Practice|
Read More: Don Bosco College Kottiyam Course and Fees
Don Bosco College Kottiyam Admissions
Admissions at Don Bosco College Kottiyam are offered on the basis of merit. Candidates seeking admission can apply offline by collecting the form from the college office or through the official college website.
How to apply?
- Fill the Application Form
- Attach required documents
- At the time of the interview, candidates have to bring the following documents:
- Interview Slip
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Marksheets of previous examinations
- Twelve copies of recent passport size certificates
- The candidates have to submit all the required certificates for verification.
- Click on the link available on the college website
- Fill personal information
- Select the desired course
- Correctly fill details regarding educational qualifications
- Click on Submit
- Make a call to the admission helpline numbers (Tel : 0474 2530156, 2532090, 2535520, 9744201800) to cross check if your form has been successfully delivered.
Don Bosco College Kottiyam Scholarships
Since the College is affiliated with the University of Kerala, students get scholarships that are provided by the Government of Kerala. Students belonging to SC/ST or backward classes have access to more scholarships. Given below are some scholarships offered to students under various categories:
- Post-Matric Scholarship For Minorities: A candidate who belongs to the minority category is eligible for this scholarship. A candidate who has scored a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the previous examination and the family income is less than rs 1 lakh.The candidate will be given an amount equivalent to the tuition fee.
- Indira Gandhi Scholarship for single girl child:Single girl Children who are going to pursue a master's degree are eligible for this scholarship. The candidates will be awarded Rs 2000/- per month.
- Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship: The candidates belonging to the backward community who have scored more than 50% in their qualifying examination are eligible for this scholarship. The candidates must be in their first year of an undergraduate course in a college recognized by the Government of Kerala. The candidates will be awarded Rs 10000/- per annum.
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship: The candidates who are pursuing diploma courses in college recognized by the Government of Kerala are eligible for this Scholarship. The candidate should be from Kerala and also from a backward community with a family income of less than 1 lakh. The candidate will be awarded Rs 6000/- per year.
- Mother Teresa Scholarship: The candidates who are pursuing a diploma in nursing are eligible for this Scholarship. The candidate should be a Kerala native and the family income should be less than 8 lakhs. The candidate will be awarded Rs 15000/- per year.
Don Bosco College Facilities
- Computer Lab: Don Bosco College has a spacious computer lab constructed with all the high-equipped appliances.The lab has 52 systems with Microsoft Windows 10, Linux, and Office 2016 application. The Computer lab has internet facilities and can be used by both students and faculty to do assignments and projects.
- Library: It has a spacious library with all kinds of books, journals, periodicals, and magazines about all the courses taught in the college. Services like Open access system, OPAC, question papers, Internet facility, and Reprography are also provided. Librarians are in place at all working hours to provide help to the students.
- Audio Visual Hall: The Audio Visual Hall has a capacity of 150 and all the seminars, presentations, and discussions are done there with ease.The teachers use audiovisual aids to teach the students concepts so that they can retain the knowledge and apply it in life.
- Media Room: The Institute has a media room that is used to record and edit the projects made by the students. The room is equipped with high-tech gadgets that can make the process easier for the students
- Campus TV: The Campus TV of the Don Bosco College showcases all the major programs and projects created by the talented students. Campus TV covers all the major college events, seminars, presentations.
- College Ground and Park: Don Bosco College has both a ground and a park on campus. The college ground is used to play games like football, kabaddi, volleyball, and cricket.The park is occasionally used to conduct outdoor classes so that students can get a change of scenery.
- Canteen: A spacious canteen is there on the campus for the comfort of the students and the faculty. The staff makes sure that the food is nutritious in nature and made in a hygienic environment. Seating arrangements are also available.
- Hostel: The College has hostels for both Girls and Boys. The girl's hostel is located outside campus but the boy's campus is within the campus. The hostel has a mess and other facilities to make the student's stay comfortable.
Don Bosco College Kottiyam Faculty
The faculty members of the Don Bosco College are professional individuals who have been teachers for a very long time. The staff tries their best to provide quality higher education to all the students. The teaching staff tries their best to define the skills of the students so that they can achieve great things in their respective fields. The principal of the college, Dr. Y. Joy who has a Masters of Arts and Masters of Science degree works towards the betterment of the students and the college. Each department has its own head. Other faculty members are working in the following position:
- Head of Departments - 5
- Assistant Professor- 25
- Manager - 1
- Director - 1
Out of the total, 1 faculty member is a PhD holder and 2 faculty members are M.Phil holders.
Read More: Don Bosco College Kottiyam Faculty
Don Bosco College FAQs
Ques. What is the fee structure of all the courses in ?
Ans. The fees for Bachelor of Commerce(Bcom), Bachelor of Arts(BA), Bachelor of Business Administration(BBA) is Rs 9000/- per semester.
The fees for Bachelor for Computer Applications(BCA) is Rs 18,750/-.
The fees for Masters of Arts(MA), Masters of Commerce(MCOM) is Rs 18,750/-.
Ques. What are the career options after completing a Master of Arts(MA)(English) degree?
Ques. Which is a better option: B.Com in Computer Application or B.Com in Tax Procedure and Practice?
Ans. The answer depends on what you want to do in the future.
Someone who wishes to know about income tax can pursue the BCom in Tax Procedure and Practice as that would help in knowing about different types of taxes and how they are calculated. Whereas, someone who wishes to work in the field of computers can choose B.Com in Computer Applications.
Ques. What is the Mode of Application for Don Bosco Kottiyam?
Ques. What are the documents needed by the candidates who want scholarships awarded by the Government of Kerala?
- Passport size photograph
- Copy of identity card
- Copy of front page of Bank Passbook
- Mark sheets of Previous examinations
- Income certificate authorized by Revenue Authority
- Aadhar card
- Voter card