The National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur (NIA, Jaipur) ,is the pinnacle foundation for preparing and exploration in Ayurveda in India has been established on 7th February 1976 by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. One of the finest Ayurveda institute is an autonomous body under the Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The Institute is affiliated to the Rajasthan Ayurved University, Jodhpur for Academic and Examination purposes and follows the Syllabus and Curriculum prescribed by the Central Council of Indian Medicine as adopted by the University.
NIA offers the BAMS Course at the under graduate level. MS , MD course with 14 specialities for Post Graduation level . Fellowship Program for PHD holders, and Diploma Course in AYUSH Nursing & Pharmacy. Now, the institute is also offering the Certificate e-course on “Dietetics, Nutrition & Immunity in Ayurveda” to explain the concepts of Dietetics, Nutrition and Immunity. It also offers Nasya Panchakarma therapy to record breaking 800 people simultaneously.
Admission to BAMS is done on the basis of valid score in DSRRAU entrance examination. Admission to the PG Programme is made from the Merit prepared based on the PG Entrance Examination of Objective Type conducted by the University. Admission to Ph.D. granted through a Screening Test, followed by Interview
National Institute of Ayurveda highlights
Some of the major highlights of the National College of Ayurveda are given below:-
|Institute Type||Public University|
|Approved by||Central Council of Indian Medicines|
|Accreditations||NABH, NAAC, NIRF and deemed university|
|Courses offered||BAMS,MD/MS,P.HD, Diploma in Ayush Nursing and Pharmacy|
|Entrance exam||A DSRRAU entrance exam, academic performance, and personal interview. AIAPGET, DSRRAU,NIA JPGET|
|Facilities Available||IT Centre, Library, Hostel, Auditorium|
National Institute of Ayurveda Achievements
The organization is one of the eight national establishments set up the country over, for preparing and examination in "Indian Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy instruction", by Department of AYUSH, Government of India, and the establishment of Ayurveda under the AYUSH. It has also received NABH certificate awarded by the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare providers.
National Institute of Ayurveda courses
NIA offers BAMS at graduate level from national of Ayurveda has a total of 92 seats in the Rajasthan region. MS , MD course with 14 specialities for Post Graduation level . Fellowship Program for PHD holders, and Diploma Course in AYUSH Nursing & Pharmacy. Now, the institute is also offering the Certificate e-course on “Dietetics, Nutrition & Immunity in Ayurveda”. A brief idea for the same is listed below-
|BAMS||Duration – 5 ½ Years including 1 year Internship
Specializations - Ayurveda and medicine
Eligibility – Candidates must have passed in 12th Standard Examination with 50% marks in Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) from a recognized board
|Master of Surgery(MS)||Duration – 3 Years
Specializations – 14. AgadTantra , Dravya Guna ,Kayachikitsa ,KaumaraBhritya ,MaulikSiddhanta-Samhita , Panchakarma , PrasutiTantra-StriRoga , Roga&VikritiVigyan ,Rasa Shastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana ,ShalyaTantra , ShalakyaTantra ,SharirKriya ,SharirRachna ,SwasthVritta.
Eligibility – Candidates applying for MS degree should have BAMS degree from a recognised university. and Completion of Internship
|Doctorate of medicine(MD)||Duration – 3 Years
Specializations – 14. Pediatric surgery, preventive and social medicine,latro-chemistry, clinical medicine and pathology, Penta-bio purification methods, fundamental principles, internal medicine, physiology, medical jurisprudence and toxicology and anatomy.
Eligibility – Candidates applying for MD degree should have BAMS degree with a minimum of 60% marks. from a recognised university. and Completion of Internship
|PHD||Duration – 2 Years
Specializations – 14
Eligibility – Candidates applying for Ph.D. degree should have MD/MS (Ayu.) in the subject concerned from a recognised university.
|DIPLOMA||Duration – 2 ½ Years including 6 months Internship
Specializations – Nursing and Pharmacy
Eligibility – Candidates applying for diploma should pass 12th from a recognised board.
|Attendant Certificate||Duration – 4 months including 1 month Internship
Specializations – Panchakarma philosophy and methodologies
Eligibility – Candidates applying for certificate course should pass 10th class from a recognised board of education.
|Certificate e-Course on Dietetics, Nutrition & Immunity||Duration – 15 hours (2.5hours per day)
Specializations – Dietetics, Nutrition and Immunity
Eligibility – Candidates applying for certificate course should have BAMS/BHMS/BUMS/MBBS/Any other equivalent degree of medicine.
National Institute of Ayurveda Admission
- Admission to BAMS is done on the basis of valid score in DSRRAU entrance examination. Admissions to the BAMS programme is done based on NEET UG scores followed by counselling.
- Admission to the PG Programme is made from the Merit prepared based on the PG Entrance Examination of Objective Type conducted by the University.
- Admission to MD/MS is done on the basis of valid score in NIA JPGET entrance examination.
- Admission to Ph.D. granted through a Screening Test, followed by Interview conducted by Dr. SarvepalliRradhakrishnan Rajasthan Ayurved University, Jodhpur
- Admission to diploma granted on the basis of valid score in Intermediate examination.
- Admission to attendance certificate is granted on the basis of valid score in the qualifying examination.
- Admission to e- certificate is granted on First Come First Serve Basis.
How to apply?
Application form is available in both online & offline mode for the courses offered by Institute.
The application process is offline only. Candidates must register themselves for the relevant examination on official website and follow subsequent steps to apply:
- Applicants must visit Institute website or premises to download/collect the prospectus.
- Applicants need to fill the form, attach self-attested documents and demand draft issued in favour of “National Institute of Ayurveda” payable at Jaipur and send/ submit at the college.
- For confirmation, the candidates can download the application structure from the school site and fill the structure alongside self-bore witness to duplicates of the archives, for example, mark sheets, testaments, and so forth and speed post the above-expressed records and application structure on the school address.
- For confirmation in PG course, the candidates must enlist on the official site of Jodhpur University for the PGET entrance test. The application charge is INR 1000 for General and OBC applicants and INR 500 for SC/ST competitors.
- The application expense can be paid by Challan or NEFT.
- After the test result, a legitimacy rundown will be set up by the University dependent on its principles and qualified applicants can apply for the advising. Directing will be led by Dr S. R. Ayurved University Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
- After the seat distribution process, the competitor needs to pay the charge inside 3 days.
Documents Required At Counseling:
- 10th and 12thMarksheet along with Passing Certificate
- Migration and Character Certificate
- ID Proof (Aadhar Card/PAN card/Passport/Driving Licence
- Caste certificate (OBC/SC/ST)
- Entrance Exam score card
- 4 Passport Sized Photographs
- Medical Certificate
- Nationality Certificate
How to Apply for NEET-UG?
- Visit the official website of the Medical Counselling Committee.
- Click on New Registration.
- Enter the required details. A new roll number and password will be generated. Use these credentials to register for NEET counselling.
- Log on to the Medical Counselling Committee website and click on Candidate Login.
- Enter your roll number and password.
- You will be directed to a new page where you have to enter personal details.
- After successful registration, you will have to pay the counselling fee online. The total counselling fee is 6,000 INR for central universities.
- You will then have to submit your preferences by filling in your choices, based on your scores. Admission is given based on merit.
- Once you are done, enter your password and lock choices. You cannot make any changes after locking your choices.
- Keep a printout of the locked choices for future reference.
- After each round of counselling, the MCC releases seat allotment results.
- Candidates have to report to the allotted college with the allotment letter and other documents to finish the admission process.
- 15% of the seats are All-India Quota seats.
- Seats left vacant after two rounds of counselling will be adjusted in the mop-up round.
- The following documents are required at the time of reporting:
- NEET admit card
- NEET 2020 result/rank letter
- Class 10 and 12 pass certificates and mark sheets
- Eight passport size photographs, the same as the one on the application form
- NEET seat allotment letter
- Proof of identity (Aadhaar card, PAN card, passport or driving licence)
- Category certificate, if applicable
Read more: National Institute of Ayurveda Admission
National Institute of Ayurveda Placements
Arrangements are settled based on information. There are numerous pharmaceutical organizations and centres in India and abroad for a great job. The normal pay of B.A.M.S. pass out specialist will be around thirty to forty thousand in India and around one lac abroad. The organizations like DABUR INDIA, HIMALAYA, JIVA AYURVEDA and so forth. Offered the open door for all the understudies. Anyone will be qualified for entry-level position after their level of B.A.M.S. from any school of a similar state. Payment for my understudies is 12 to 13 thousand.
The placement and job opportunities in this programme are enormous. It also provides job opportunities in both government and private sector and scope in research. The college also provides internship opportunity which gives exposure to the students to manage patients and also provides basic knowledge of medicine. The one-year internship comes with a stipend of Rs.12,684 per month.
Also check National Institute of Ayurveda Placement
National Institute of Ayurveda Facilities
The college provides almost every basic facility to the students as well as to the faculty of teachers to enhance their experience and knowledge. Some of the major facilities are as follows:-
Wifi-Enabled Campus – Wi-Fi Networking Facility has been provided in the entire Campus for the benefit of Teachers, Officers, Scholars, Students and Staff for various teaching, training, research, patient care, other technical and administrative matters etc. for which internet connection with a Capacity of 10 Mbps (1:1) 100% Download and Upload Speed was obtained from BSNL through OFC Cable. This has facilitated mobile access to Internet Facilities in the entire buildings in the Campus accommodating Teaching Departments, Laboratories, Library, Class Rooms, Offices, Hostels, etc. etc. Around 1100 Users, spread over Teachers, Officers, Staff, Scholars and Students, are using the Wi-Fi facility in the Campus. The IT Centre HAS Broad Band Internet, Scanning and Printing facilities.
Hostels – The Institute has hostels for UG Students, PG and Ph.D. Scholars with 445 Seats in the Campus and at Jawahar Nagar. TV LCDs, Guest Rooms, Refridrators, Water Coolers, RO Water Purifiers, Lifts, Solar Water Heating Systems, Newpapers facilities are provided in all the Hostels.
IT center – The Institute is hosting its own Website and has a well-equipped and well-furnished IT Centre with Broad Band Internet, Scanning, Printing and other computer related facilities is functioning in the Institute. Separate arrangements are provided to Faculty Members, Staff, Scholars and Students. All the Professors, Heads and almost all Associate Professors are provided Computer and Broadband Internet Facility in their Chambers. This Centre has good fixtures & furniture which creates calm atmosphere suiting to the scholars in their studies.
Auditorium – The Institute has recently built a state-of-the-art Auditorium in the Campus with a Capacity of 500 Seats. It is centrally Air-conditioned with Power Back-up with separate Generator Set. There is a beautiful Stage fitted with Fire-Proof Curtains, Big Screen for Projection with LCD Facilities, latest Sound Systems etc.
Library – The Institute has a good Library having publications on various subjects on Ayurveda, Naturopathy, Allopathy, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Science, etc. Reading room facilities are provided where current and latest journals, magazines, bulletins, leading national and local dailies are made available. During the year under report, 307 new publications were added. The number of library books, including reference and research publication, has now risen to 23,360. 112 Journals and Newspapers were subscribed for the Reading Room and 1,676 annual volumes of Journals were available for reference and research purposes. The Book Bank has 4,643 books for distribution to students of each class on merit-cum-need basis.
Pharmacy – The Pharmacy is equipped with modern equipments and machineries like Micro Pulveriser, Disintigrator, Shifter, Mixer, Mini Pulveriser, Pouch-making Machine, Cutting/Chopping Machine, Dryer, Granulator, Tablet Making Machine, Strip Packing Machine, electric Furnaces, Juicer, Bottle Washing Machine, Diesel Furnace, End Runner, Pill Thread Making and Pill Cutting Machine, Coating Pan, Capsule Filling Machine, Pouch Packing Machine, Liquid Filling Machine, Capsule Sealing Machine, Weighing Machines, Mass Mixer, Wet Grinder, Dehumidifier, Scrubber, Dryer, Vacuum Cleaner etc. Conventional equipments are also available and are put to use in the method of preparation, wherever necessary.
National Institute of Ayurveda Faculty
The faculty of the college is very well qualified and experienced. The faculty member specialize in their teaching subjects and help the students in dealing with their problems and queries regarding their subjects.
- Vice-Chancellor - Prof. (Dr.) Bhagirath Singh
- Administrative Chief – Prof. Sanjeev Sharma, Director
- Joint Director (Admn.) – Mr Jai Prakash Sharma
- Administrative Officer – Mr Chandra Sekhar Sharma
- Accounts Officer – Mr Pawan Kumar Bubna
- ShriShripadYessoNaik - Minister of State(Independent Charge) Ministry of AYUSH
- PadmashreeVaidya Rajesh Kotecha - Secretary Ministry of AYUSH
- Prof. Sanjeev Sharma – Director NIA, Jaipur
Read more: National Institute of Ayurveda Faculty
National Institute of Ayurveda FAQs
Ques. How is the hostel facility at NIA?
Ques. How to apply for the undergraduate program?
Ques. How are the placements facilities?
Ques. How is the infrastructure and facilities of the college?
Ques. Where is NIA located?
Ques. What are the certificate courses offered by the Institute?
Ques. What documents are needed to get registered for BAMS entrance exam?
Ques. What are the options after M.D. /M.S. in Ayurveda?