National Institute of Siddha or popularly known as NIS Chennai is one of the most reputed institutes in Tamil Nadu and one of the eight national institutes established across the nation for the study and research of Siddha system in medicines by the Department of AYUSH, Government of India. Established in the year 2005 on 3rd September the Institute is affiliated to Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University. Moreover the Institute is also approved by the Central Council of Indian medicines (CCIM).
Selection of candidates for this course is based on the merit score obtained in All India Ayush PG Entrance Test (AIAPGET) conducted by the Ministry in Ayush and Counselling in the Institute. The Education, Syllabus and Curriculum and followed as per the norms set by the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM), New Delhi. The M.D. Siddha program is offered in 8 specializations and the Ph.D Siddha program is offered in 6 specializations.
NIS Chennai Highlights
Candidates interested to get admissions to this institute or to know about NIS Chennai can go through the highlights mentioned below:
|Name of the Institute||National institute of Siddha|
|Approved by||Central Council of Indian medicines (CCIM).|
|Affiliated to||Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University|
|Popular Course||M.D. Siddha|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam and Written Test|
|Entrance Exam||All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test (AIAPGET)|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
NIS Chennai Courses
NIS Chennai offers courses to students at both M.D. and Ph.D level study and research of Siddha system of medicines. The courses with their specializations and eligibility criteria are tabulated below:
|MD||Maruthuvam||8||Graduates with B.S.M.S. degree in Siddha are eligible to apply in these disciplines||3 years|
|Siddhar Yoga Maruthuvam||2|
|PhD||Maruthuvam||2||Candidates with M.D. degree in Siddha are eligible for this course.||Minimum 3 years|
Read more: NIS Chennai Courses & Fees
NIS Chennai Admission
NIS Chennai offers two courses namely MD and PhD. The admission to MD Courses is given on the basis marks scored by the candidate in All India AYUSH Post Graduate Entrance Test (AIAPGET), organized by All India Institute of Ayurveda. For PhD, the candidates have to take the entrance exam and appear for an Interview conducted by the college.
How to Apply?
For MD Programme:
- Interested candidates need to visit the official website (https://www.ntaaiapget.nic.in/).
- Click on “Apply Online/Login” and register on the site.
- Then click on “Click here for new registration”.
- Now fill up the form with necessary details, scanned photograph and signature and make the payment of INR 2500 (INR 1750 for SC/ ST/ PWD applicants) online through Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking for the registration fee.
- At the end of the registration process, applicants will get a computer generated acknowledgement, which will be also sent to them in their registered Email-ID.
- Take a print-out of the filled up application form after completing the process for future purpose.
- The selected candidates for admission then will have to pay the fee amount by demand draft on any Nationalized Bank drawn in favour of The Director, National Institute of Siddha, Tambaram Sanatorium, Chennai- 600 047, payable at the time of Counselling.
For Ph.D Programme:
- Visit the official website of NIS Chennai (https://nischennai.org/).
- Download the form from the website.
- Fill up the form with the required details and submit it through Registered Post/ Courier Service/ Speed post with a demand draft of INR 2000 (INR 1500 for SC/ST candidates).
- The name and the address of the applicant along with their number should be mentioned at the back of the demand draft.
Read more: NIS Chennai Admission 2020
NIS Chennai Placements
NIS Chennai is known to have a great and an efficient placement cell. They train and assist the students to develop skills and confidence so that they can present themselves in a better way in the interview. The placement cell is known to conduct constant grooming sessions for the students so that they can develop soft skills, behavioural skills, ways to face an interview, practise with expected questionnaires etc to make them fit for the job.
Moreover, NIS Chennai offers placements and job opportunities on a varied scale inside the campus from both private and government sectors within a range of decent to high salary packages. The Ph.D program opens doors for the research field workers to many job opportunities with high-salary packages within the country and abroad along with stipend. The Institute is also known to provide one year internship to the students in order to groom them with experience, knowledge and skills for having a better understanding of the work in this field and future prospects.
Read more: NIS Chennai Placement
NIS Chennai Faculty
NIS Chennai has highly qualified and dedicated faculty members in the campus, with years of experience in the field of research and study with siddha medicines. They are purely committed to impart students with strong educational foundations, insights and values to the upcoming future generations. The Institute has a total of 36 faculty members out of which 4 are Professors, 9 are Assistant Professors, 10 are Associate Professors and 11 are Lecturers along with a Director and a Joint Director.
Read more: NIS Chennai Faculty
NIS Chennai Facilities
The Institute provides lots of facilities to the students in different sectors so that students can have access to things in need that would create a study-friendly environment for them at ease. Following are the facilities provided by National Institute of Siddha, Chennai:
- Hostel for both boys and girls
- Sports Complex
- IT Centers
NIS Chennai FAQs
Ques. How many Departments does NIS Chennai have?
- Sirappu Maruthuvam
- Kuzhandai Maruthuvam
- Noi Nadal
- Nanju Maruthuvam
Ques. Are there any scholarships offered by the Institute?
Ques. What is the Siddha system of medicine?
Ques. Are there any reservation provisions?