Anbil Dharmalingam Agricultural College and Research Institute (ADAC & RI) is one of the top agricultural colleges in Tamil Nadu. The institute established in 1989, is affiliated to Tamil Nadu Agricultural University and is approved by ICAR. The college is famous for its research activities.
The institute offers 4 PG courses and 1 UG course. Admissions to UG course is based on the ICAR Entrance test and for PG courses candidates must qualify the test conducted by TNAU.
The college received the best college award awarded by Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Coimbatore in the year 2014. The college also offers decent placements to the students. Top recruiters include Rasi Seeds, L & T Company, Kothari Sugars, EID Parry Ltd., Cauvery Palm Oil Ltd etc.
ADAC & RI Highlights
|Established | Type||1989 | Public|
|Admission criteria||Entrance examination|
|Entrance examination||ICAR/TNAU Entrance test|
|Campus Area||30 hectares|
|Top recruiters||L&T Company, Kothari Sugars, Dhan Foundation, Cauvery Palm Oil ltd etc.|
|Facilities available||Library, Sports, Hostels, Computer Centre, Health Centre, Students Club, NSS, NCC etc.|
ADAC & RI Courses
ADAC & RI offers agriculture and other courses in the field of agriculture at both UG and PG level. The details of the same are given in the table below:
|B.Sc (Honsh.)||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility criteria: 10+ 2 pass Selection Criteria: ICAR entrance test
|M.Sc||Duration: 2 years
Specialization: Agronomy/Soil Science/Plant breeding and genetics/Entomology
Eligibility criteria: Graduation in agriculture Selection Criteria: TNAU Entrance Test
Get details course fee information: ADAC & RI courses & fees
ADAC & RI Admissions
Admissions to various courses at ADAC & RI is based on marks scored in entrance examinations. To apply for entrance examinations, candidates should fill the online application form.
How to apply at ADAC & RI?
- Visit the official website of TNAU- https://tnauonline.in/
- Click on New Registration and complete the registration process.
- Fill the application form and pay the application fee.
- Application fee payment-
- 600 INR for UG
- 1500 INR for PG
Read detailed information: ADAC & RI Admission
ADAC & RI Placements
ADAC & RI has a decent placement record. Job fair is organized annually in the month of April/May for the students. The job fair is conducted at TNAU, Coimbatore. The students actively take part in this job fair and many of them get placed in Agro-based companies or private sector banks.
Top recruiters include Rasi Seeds, L & T Company, Kothari Sugars, EID Parry Ltd., Chennai, Cauvery Palm Oil Ltd., Dhan Foundation, Pest Control India Ltd., Dharani Sugars, Jalna, SPIC, L-RAMP, I.T.C., Indian Bank, Canara Bank, Andhra bank, Bank of India, Corporation Bank etc.
For more information: ADAC & RI Placement
ADAC & RI- Scholarships
The institute has different kinds of government scholarship schemes for supporting it's students. The students from economically and socially weaker sections are also provided with financial aid by the government of Tamil Nadu. Some of the scholarships offered to the students are listed below:
- SC/ST Scholarship (New & Renewal)
- BC/MBC/DNC Scholarship
- SC/ST Special Higher Education Scholarship
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Special Scholarship
- TNAU Endowment Scholarship
- First Graduate Scholarship
- National Merit Scholarship
- Gandhi Prize Money
Read More: ADAC & RI Scholarships
ADAC & RI Facilities
The institute has several facilities for its students and staff members. Some of them are given below:
- Library: ADAC & RI has fully air conditioned library with 8402 sq.ft. area. It has a total collection of 12442 text books, 1083 reference books, 750back volumes, 35 thesis/reports, 108 video lessons, and 20 current periodicals etc. Various e-services are also provided.
- Computer Centre: The centre is used for conducting practical classes for UG students. Students also have access to computer centres for preparing assignments and collecting study materials etc. Computer centre also has an LCD projector and screen which is used to conduct classes and to give presentations.
- Sports: The institution offers several sports facilities such as Outdoor grounds, football field, cricket field, volleyball court, basketball court, kabaddi court, ball badminton court, table tennis court, carrom etc.
- Hostels: ADAC & RI has five hostels for the accommodation of students. Of which, two are boys’ hostels and three are girls’ hostels. Hostel facilities includes safe drinking water, CCTV surveillance, biometric attendance, WiFi connectivity, TV room, Guest rooms for parents, incinerator for sanitary water disposal, floor cleaning machine etc.,
- Health centre: A health care centre is functioning in the campus consisting of three rooms, an outpatient room, Pharmacy & ward with toilets (separate for male / female patients). A pharmacy is also working in association with the health centre.
- Students club: The institute also has several clubs like Drama society, debating society, hiking society, Agri-Horti society, FORTAG-Souvenir society etc and NCC and NSS unit for students as well.
ADAC & RI Faculty
ADAC & RI has highly qualified and experienced faculty members. Many of them have PhD in agriculture and are active in research activities. There are five departments in the institute and each department has a head.
The number of faculty members working at different designations are listed below:
- Total number of faculty members: 37
- Professors: 12
- Associate Professors: 4
- Assistant Professors: 21
Read more: ADAC & RI Faculty
ADAC & RI FAQs
Ques. How to reach the ADAC & RI?
Ques. How to contact ADAC & RI?
Ques. Does ADAC & RI has an anti-ragging cell?
Ques. What are functions of the grievance cell of ACAD & RI?
Ques. What are the functions of sexual harassment cell at ACAD & RI?