JD Institute of Fashion Technology was founded by the JD Educational Trust in October 1998 and is affiliated to Kuvempu University of Shimoga, Karnataka. With more than 38 learning centers across India, the institute was ranked 10th by India Today in the field of Fashion Technology Education. It offers B.Sc., M.Sc., Diploma, PG Diploma, and Advanced Diploma under the Fashion Technology aegis. It also holds international collaborations with Milan Fashion Institute in Milan, Italy, and KOEFIA Fashion Academy in Rome.
JD Institute of Fashion Technology Mumbai Highlights
|Affiliated to||Kuvempu University, Shimoga|
|Courses Offered||B.Sc., M.Sc., Diploma, PG Diploma, Advanced Diploma|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and entrance-based|
|Facilities Available||Academic Blocks, Library, Lab, Canteen, Auditorium, Medical Room, Hostel|
JD Institute of Fashion Technology Mumbai Courses
The institute offers various degree courses, diploma courses and Government recognized certificate courses as listed in the following table. Admission to all courses is based on merit.
|Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)||
|Master of Science (M.Sc.)||
JD Institute of Fashion Technology Mumbai Admission
Admission to all courses is done online or offline according to the convenience of the applicant. Selection is done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination. The institute also accepts scores of the JD Entrance tests towards its admissions. Merit mode of admission is more common here.
- Log on the official website of the college
- If application mode desired is online, go to the application section
- Fill in the necessary details and the course preference
- Upload the required documents like photographs, ID proofs, etc. in the scanned format.
- Make the payment online
- If you desire offline mode, download the application from its website
- Fill in the details and submit it directly at college along with the copies of required documents
JD Institute of Fashion Technology Mumbai Placements
The institute follows a global curriculum which ensures that the students have a broad understanding of what they learn. The students are given plenty of industry exposure through events and sessions involving eminent personalities in the respective fields.
The students are continuously trained by mentors with much focus on hands-on skills, thus increasing their job prospects.
The institute has one of the best placement qualities in the field as the recruiters include many top companies like H&M, Pantaloons, Limeroad, Pepperfry, Calvin Klein to name a few
|Placement type||Average Salary|
|Domestic||Around 4 Lakhs Per Annum|
JD Institute of Fashion Technology Mumbai Facilities
- Academic block- The academic block consists of classrooms with state-of-the-art facilities to enhance the learning experience for the students.
- Library- The vast library comprises books, journals, references, magazines, periodicals, and works of prominent people in the respective fields to be available to all students and faculties.
- Workshops- Each department has its own workshops intended to increase hands on learning experience and a practical outlook for the students.
- Hostel- Hostel facilities are provided for the students including hygienic food.
- Medical Facilities- First aid and sick room facilities are provided in case of minor ailments and injuries.
JD Institute of Fashion Technology Mumbai FAQs
Ques. What are the range of salary packages offered by the recruiters to the students?
Ques. Which are the entrance exams whose results are accepted for admission by the institute?
Ques. What is the fee structure for a Bachelor of Science in Fashion Design course?
Ques. Where are the other campuses of JD Institute of Fashion Technology located?
Ques. Which are the designers visiting the college for recruitment?