South Calcutta Law College was established in the year 1970 in Kolkata, West Bengal. The college is affiliated to University of Calcutta, Kolkata.
The college offers five-year regular and honours integrated programs in law. In South Calcutta Law College, BA-LLB and BA-LLB Honours has an intake capacity of 120 seats per course.
- The Selection will be done on the basis of merit in the entrance test conducted by Calcutta University.
- Candidates completing 10+2 from a board not recognized by the University must obtain “Equivalence Certificate” from the office of the Registrar, University of Calcutta.
- Candidates with H.S. examination with minimum 45% aggregate marks will be eligible to take admission to BA-LLB program.
- In aggregate, best of four subjects excluding WBCHSE Environmental Education will be considered.
- Candidates appearing in 10+2 level examination will be allowed to give entrance examination.
- Admission to sixth semester in BA-LLB (Honours) program is done through merit list considering 10+2 level marks and first to fourth semester marks together.
- Candidates applying under PH category must have at least 40% disability to be eligible to apply under the respective quota.
- Candidates must retain their Application Number, password created at the time of registration, and their Entrance Exam Admit Card until the admission process is over.
- The institute provides reservation of seats as per Calcutta University norms.
Read More: South Calcutta Law College Fees Structure
Highlights Table of South Calcutta Law College
|Name of the University||South Calcutta Law College|
|University Type||Govt. Aided|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance Test|