BBA Banking is an Undergraduate Professional course in Banking. The duration of this course is 3 and is divided into six semesters. In this course, students learn about the basic management concepts as well as business studies.
In order to become eligible for this course, the students must have completed 10+2 in any stream from a recognized board or university. The students must have scored at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized board.
Every college follows a different admission process for admission to BBA Banking course. Some colleges select students on the basis of Merit in 10+2. While some colleges like Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University select candidates based on numerous Entrance Examinations.
The average yearly BBA programme fees range from INR 10,000 to INR 9,00,000. The fee of BBA is quite less in colleges that are Government when compared with Private ones.
Few top BBA Banking Colleges in India according to India Today Management College Ranking is given below that candidate can check:
|India Today Ranking 2019||College Name||Location||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees||Average Placement Offer|
|12||Maharaja Surajmal Institute (MSI)||New Delhi||Entrance Exam||INR 88,000||INR 3,40,000|
|23||Prestige Institute of Management & Research||Indore||Based on 10+2 Marks||INR 1,47,000||INR 4,50,000|
|41||The Oxford College of Business Management||Bangalore||Entrance Based||INR 46,000||INR 3,00,000|
|61||JK Lakshmipat University||Jaipur||Counseling followed by Interview||INR 97,200||INR 6,60,000|
|78||Uttaranchal Institute of Management||Dehradun||Merit-Based||INR 82,000||INR 3,50,000|
BBA Banking is generally a full time course, however, one can also pursue it in Distance Education mode. The names of the colleges providing BBA Banking course in distance mode are Periyar Institute of Distance Education and Alagappa University, Directorate of Distance Education.
Some of the subjects taught in BBA Banking include Business Statistics, Principles of Management, International Banking, Business Ethics and Values etc. It teaches a student everything that needs to be learnt for working in the Banking sector.
Career opportunities are huge after the BBA Banking course. Some of the job profiles are Financial Analyst, Financial Advisor, Loan Officer, Private Banker, Bank Teller Supervisor, Tax Assistant etc. Students can expect an average salary of INR 3,00,000 to INR 10,00,000 per annum.
What is the Admission Process for BBA Banking Course?
- Every College/Institute or University follows their own set of criteria for selecting candidates in this course.
- Some colleges select candidates based on their marks scored in 10+2 exams while some conduct their own Entrance Exams too.
- Even in some colleges, you have to give National or State level Entrance Exams to get admission in the particular college.
Listed below are few steps that candidates can follow for getting admission in BBA colleges:
- Step 1: Application Process: Visit the University/ College official website and register yourself. Before filling the application form go through all the guidelines properly. Fill the form carefully according to the guidelines. Upload the necessary documents required along with the form.
- Step 2: Entrance Exam: Apply for Entrance Exam (if required). You will have to qualify in the entrance exam to get admitted to the course.
- Step 3: Shortlisting Process: The colleges will shortlist the candidates on the basis of their admission criteria. After shortlisting, they will release the list of shortlisted candidates.
- Step 4: Personal Interview and Document Verification: The shortlisted candidates will be called for a Personal Interview Round where the final selection of candidates will be done. Documents of the candidates will also be verified.
Finally, the candidates who will be found eligible will be given admission to the course.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for BBA Banking Course?
Below given is basic eligibility for BBA in Banking programme that candidates need to fulfill:
- The candidates must have passed in 10+2 in any stream from a recognized board or university.
- Candidates must have scored minimum 50% marks in aggregate at the 10+2 level.
- The maximum age limit of the candidate is 25 years.
- Candidates whose results are awaiting can also apply, provided they pass 10+2 with the required percentage by the time of document verification.
Which are the Top BBA Banking Entrance Exams?
Some colleges select candidates based on Entrance Examinations. Below given are few BBA Entrance Exams:
- IPU CET 2020: This is the Entrance Test conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University for admission to various undergraduate courses offered by the University.
- SET BBA 2020: Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) is conducted for granting admission to Symbiosis University Colleges.
- MET 2020: Manipal Entrance Test is conducted by Manipal Academy of Higher Education for granting admission to various UG and PG courses offered by the institute.
- CUCET 2020: Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test is conducted by Chandigarh University for granting admission to the various undergraduate courses offered by the University.
- UUEE 2020: Uttaranchal University Entrance Examination is conducted by the Uttaranchal University for those who want to apply for undergraduate courses including the BBA programme.
|Exam Name||Conducting Body||Application Period||Exam Date||Exam Mode|
|IPU CET||IPU||March 3 - August 11, 2020||Yet not announced||Offline|
|SET||Symbiosis International University||June 11 - 30, 2020||July 19, 2020||Online|
|MET||MAHE||October 5, 2019 - July 10, 2020||August 1 - 12, 2020||Online|
|UUEE||Uttaranchal University||October 18, 2019 - March 18, 2020||Yet not announced||Offline|
How to Prepare for BBA Banking Entrance Exams?
It's important to start preparing in advance for the BBA entrance exam so as to save time just before the exam. The entrance test is an aptitude as well as basic management test so you need to give enough time in understanding everything well.
Question Paper Pattern
In BBA Entrance Exam, there are 4 sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical reasoning & Critical Thinking
- General English
- General Awareness
Exam wise Question Paper Pattern is discussed below.
- SET BBA: Total 150 questions will be there of 150 marks. Quantitative Aptitude (40 marks), Logical reasoning & Critical Thinking (30 marks), General English (40 marks) and General Awareness (40 marks).
- MET 2020: There will be MCQ questions. Candidates will get 4 marks for right answer and -1 for wrong answer, no marks for unattempted question. After submitting the test, the score will be shown on the computer screen instantly. Candidates can download a detailed score sheet from a website.
- CUCET 2020: Total 100 questions will be there of 100 marks. Negative marking will be there for every wrong answer. 2 sections will be there: Section 1: English Language, Mathematical Aptitude, Analytical Skills and General Awareness- 25 questions of 25 marks, and Section 2: Domain Knowledge- 75 questions for 75 marks.
- UUEE 2020: 100 questions will be there of 100 marks and no negative marking will be there. 4 sections will be there: Section1: General Awareness 25 questions, Section 2: Reasoning 25 questions, Section 3: Verbal Ability 25 questions, Section 4: Quantitative Ability 25 questions.
- IPU CET 2020: It will have 100 questions (MCQs). Negative marking will be there for the wrong answer. 4 marks will be given for the correct answer. There will be 4 sections: Section 1: English Language & Comprehension 25 questions, Section 2: Logical & Analytical Ability 25 questions, Section 3: General Awareness 25 questions, Section 4: Aptitude related to Management field 25 questions.
Points to Keep in Mind while preparing for BBA Entrance Exams:
- Make a proper time table since it will help you to cover the complete syllabus on time.
- Practice previous year question papers to get an idea about the type of questions asked in the exam.
- Every student follows some shortcuts when preparing for entrance examinations. Whether it be formulas or charts, make use of shortcuts to save time.
- Keep your mind healthy and rest so that you can give your exam with a fresh mind.
How to Get Admission in a Good BBA Banking College?
Every student's dream is to get admission in a good University or College. For that, it’s important that candidate must keep few points in mind:
- One can get a good admission in college by securing good marks in 10+2 and based on performance in Entrance Examinations.
- Keep yourself updated regarding the application deadline as well as other latest updates on the University official website. This way candidates will not miss good colleges offering BBA programmes.
- Practice previous year question papers to polish your skills.
- The preparation for Entrance Exam candidates must start as soon as possible. This way, candidates can polish their Quantitative Skills as well as General Knowledge.
Check the full list of Top BBA Banking Colleges in India.
BBA Banking: What is it About?
After completing 10+2 level, students can pursue BBA in Banking course as it’s an ideal choice for those who wish to make their career in Banking, Insurance as well as Accounting.
- The programme covers basic management concepts with dedicated training in subjects like Treasury Operations, Investment Banking, International Banking & Finance, Risk Management, etc. In this programme, candidates will learn the aspects of banking.
- Nowadays, there’s much scope of BBA in the Banking sector as candidates can get many job opportunities. Even, they can pursue Post Graduate MBA degree after the completion of BBA which will increase their chances of getting more jobs.
- Through the BBA programme, students get exposure to Certified Internships.
- After the BBA programme, it becomes easy to understand the contents of the MBA programme.
- Doing this course from a renowned college can take your career to the heights of success and you may get hired by eminent recruiters too. Some colleges also offer this course in Distance Education mode.
BBA Banking Course Highlights
Tabulated below are major highlights of BBA Banking course:
|Course Level||Under Graduate Programme|
|Full Form||Bachelor of Business Administration|
|Examination Type||Semester Wise|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate|
|Admission Process||Merit and Entrance Based ( Depends on College)|
|Course Fee||INR 10,000 to INR 9,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3,00,000 to INR 10,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Reliance, SBI, HDFC, Axis, ICICI, Om Kotak Mahindra|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Bank, Savings & Loan Association, Business School etc.|
|Job Positions||Financial Advisor, Financial Manager, Tax Assistant, Credit Analyst, Internal Auditor|
Why Should You Study BBA Banking?
These days, many students are opting BBA Banking due to below-given reasons:
- After completing the course from a good College, students can get offers from top organizations both regionally as well as Internationally.
- If candidates wish to enhance their career then, they can pursue MBA after the completion of the course.
- Candidates can easily earn a decent salary package which lies between INR 3,00,000 to INR 10,00,000 but differs from area to area.
- Students will get a chance to work with top brands such as ICICI Bank, Yes Bank, Goldman Sachs, Government Banks (SBI, BOB, Canara Bank) and Private Banks (ICICI, HDFC), Insurance Companies.
- This course promotes entrepreneurship since it teaches candidates aspects of running any business. So, this programme promotes skills that are necessary as an entrepreneur among students.
BBA Banking vs BCom
BBA is Bachelor of Business Administration in Banking sector and BCom is Bachelor of Commerce. Both the courses are good and are offered by colleges in numerous specializations. Check out the difference among the two:
|Full Form||Bachelor of Business Administration||Bachelor of Commerce|
|Overview||Students learn to develop management skills as well as get proper training to work with numerous financial tools||It deals with subjects related to accounting|
|Admission Process||Merit and Entrance Based||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Duration||3 Years||3 Years|
|Eligibility||10+2 Passed||10+2 with Commerce Stream|
|Top Colleges||Prestige Institute of Management & Research, The Oxford College of Business Management, Bangalore, JK Lakshmipat University||Hindu College, Gargi College, Stella Maris College, Kirori Mal College|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 10,000 to INR 9,00,000||INR 50,000 to INR 1,20,000|
|Job Roles||Financial Advisor, Financial Manager, Tax Assistant, Credit Analyst, Internal Auditor||Junior Accountant, Tax Practitioner|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 3,00,000 to INR 10,00,000||INR 2,00,000 to INR 5,00,000|
|Top Companies||HDFC, ICICI, Goldman Sachs||IBM, Sony, ITC|
|Further Studies||MBA in numerous specializations||M. Com|
Source: College Websites
Also, go through the full list of top BCom Colleges in India.
Which are the Top BBA Banking Top Colleges in India?
There are many top colleges in India providing this course. Tabulated below are top BBA Banking Colleges that candidates can check.
|NIRF Rank 2020||College Name||City||Average Annual Fees||Average Placement Package|
|14||Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Manipal||INR 1,63,000||INR 4,50,000|
|38||Chitkara University||Punjab||INR 1,32,000||INR 8,00,000|
|51||Chandigarh University||Chandigarh||INR 96,000||INR 5,96,000|
|64||University School of Business||Chandigarh||INR 96,000||INR 7,00,000|
|101-150||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||New Delhi||INR 65,000||INR 3,50,000|
|151-200||Amity University||Gurugram||INR 2,36,000||INR 4,00,000|
|NA||Prestige Institute of Management and Research,||Indore||INR 1,47,000||INR 4,50,000|
|NA||JK Lakshmipat University||Jaipur||INR 97,200||INR 4,60,000|
|NA||Sharda University||Greater Noida||INR 1,59,000||INR 6,00,000|
Source: College Websites
BBA Banking College Comparison
Below given is the table that depicts comparison between 3 top colleges offering BBA Banking in India:
|Parameters||Maharaja Surajmal Institute (MSI)||Prestige Institute of Management & Research||The Oxford College of Business Management|
|Overview||The Institute offers programmes at UG level in Commerce as well as Business Administration field.||The Institute offers UG, PG, Diploma and Ph.D programmes in Business Management.||The college offers UG, PG and Post Graduate Diploma programmes in Management.|
|Ranking (India Today 2019)||12||23||41|
|Average Fee||INR 88,000||INR 1,47,000||INR 46,000|
|Average Placement Package||3,40,000||INR 4,50,000||INR 3,00,000|
|Top Companies||Concentrix, Convergies, ICICI Prudential, British Telecom||TCS, HCL, HDFC Bank, Kotak||Oracle, IBM, Deloitte, Airtel|
Source: College Websites
Can BBA Banking be Pursued Through Distance Education?
Many students prefer Distance Education due to lack of time or they can’t afford high fees. Some better options for doing Distance Education in BBA Banking are Periyar Institute of Distance Education (PRIDE), Salem, Alagappa University, Directorate of Distance Education (DDE).
- The duration of the programme is 3 years.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 in order to become eligible for this course.
- There’s no age bar for choosing distance education in BBA Banking.
Check the below given University/ Institute offering BBA Banking Distance Education.
|Institute/ University||Location||Duration||Average Annual Fees|
|Periyar Institute of Distance Education||Salem, Tamil Nadu||3 Years||INR 5,310|
|Alagappa University, Directorate of Distance education (DDE)||Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu||3 Years||INR 6,600|
What are the Subjects Taught During BBA Banking Course?
The course includes subjects like Treasury Operations, Investment Banking, International Banking & Finance, Risk Management, etc.
The Year-wise syllabus of BBA Banking is tabulated below that candidates can check:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Principles of Management||Banking, Theory Law and Practice||Investment Management|
|Organizational Behavior||Operations Research||International Banking|
|Business Environment||Business Taxation||Marketing of Banking Services|
|Legal Systems in Business||Practical Auditing||Technology in Banking Financial Management|
|Business Statistics||Human Resources Management||Business Ethics and Values|
|Treasury Operations||Risk Management||Investment Banking|
Which Books Are Important For a BBA Banking Course?
Below given are few BBA Banking Books that candidates can buy to understand the basics of subjects in a better way.
|Fundamentals of Banking||Parmod Sharma|
|Economics of Money and Banking||Pooja Chatley and Supreet Luthra|
|Banking and Insurance Services||Narang Uma|
BBA Banking Job Prospects and Career Options
- There are ample job opportunities candidates can apply for after the completion of their BBA Banking course.
- The areas open to BBA Banking graduates are Educational Institute, Banks, Credit Union, Aviation Industry, Automobile Industry and so on.
- These graduates can apply for Customer Service Representative, Financial Advisor, Financial Executive, Stock Analyst, Asset Manager, Investment Banker etc.
- Some major recruiters that recruit students are ICICI, HDFC, Om Kotak Mahindra, HSBC, Birla Sun Life, Max New York Life etc.
Tabulated below are BBA Banking jobs that are available to pass outs are:
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Financial Advisor||They provide customers proper assistance on investments as well as help in financial planning.||INR 3,57,000|
|Credit Analyst||They evaluate and take decisions regarding the client’s credit applications. Also, they decide credit worthiness of organizations that are applying for loans||INR 5,00,000|
|Financial Manager||They review financial reports, prepare activity reports, monitor accounts. They also inspect ways to improve productivity.||INR 9,56,000|
|Loan Officer||They assess and authorize business approval, or credit loans. Loan officers are expert in gauging the loan applicant’s financial status.||INR 2,50,000|
What is Future Scope and Further Study Options After BBA Banking Course?
- There are ample options that students can avail after completing the course in top MNCs, private as well as Government sectors.
- In addition to this, candidates can pursue higher studies to get better job options and to earn higher salary packages.
Below given are few courses that candidates can do after this programme:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): The duration of this course is 2 years and it’s a professional Post Graduate course after BBA that can increase the chances of better job options. There are many specializations that one can choose in an MBA programme.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM): PGDM is also similar to MBA that the majority of students choose after their Graduation programme. It is a Diploma course which is taken by the students after completing their graduation.
Go through the full list of top MBA colleges in India.
Even, candidates can enter into the business world after the completion of the programme as they have already learned entrepreneurial skills.
BBA Banking FAQs
Ques. What are the job options after doing BBA in Banking?
Ans. There are ample job opportunities after the completion of courses like Financial Advisor, Financial Manager, Asset Manager, Investment Banker etc.
Ques. What further course can I choose after completing BBA Banking?
Ans. You can choose Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) for further studies. You can select the specialization as per your interest.
Ques. What are some BBA Banking subjects?
Ans. Some of the subjects that you will study in BBA Banking incorporate Principles of Management, Baking Theory Law and Practice, Business Taxation, Organizational Behavior, Operations Research, Business Environment and many more.
Ques. What is the eligibility criterion for doing BBA course?
Ans. In order to get admission in this course, the candidate must have completed 10+2 and must have scored at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Ques. Is there any specific stream for doing BBA Banking course?
Ans. No, candidates of any stream can apply for this course in any college.
Ques. Is there any Entrance Test for getting admission in BBA Banking course?
Ans. It depends on College since some colleges select students on the basis of marks obtained in 10+2 while some conduct their own Entrance Tests.
Ques. Is it necessary that I must choose MBA in banking specialization only after the completion of BBA Banking course?
Ans. No, it’s not necessary. It depends on your interest like in which sector you wish to do a job after MBA.
Ques. Will I get better job options only after doing MBA?
Ans. No, it depends on your knowledge and skill sets. Graduate pass outs also get better job options but after doing Post Graduation programme you can get high profile jobs and better pay scale.
Ques. What is the average starting salary of a BBA Banking programme?
Ans. The average starting salary is from INR 3,00,000 to INR 10,00,000/-
Ques. What is the duration of this course?
Ans. The duration of this course is 3 years which means a total of 6 semesters will be there in the entire programme.
Ques. Is Mathematics subject compulsory for doing BBA Banking?
Ans. No, it’s not necessary. Candidates of any stream can easily get admission in this programme; however, they must have passed 10+2 in English level.