BBA in E-Commerce is a 3-year full-time undergraduate course, divided into 6 semesters.
E-business is often referred to as e-commerce. E-commerce is a modernized discipline of business administration that focuses on the technology and online business practices of an organization. It involves an advanced study of:
- programmed data framework to direct business on the internet.
- making, subsidizing, and overseeing E-commerce businesses.
- writing business plans.
- buying and selling goods or services online.
- collaborating with marketing and business partners to ensure profitable input and output.
The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing BBA in E-commerce is a 10+2 or equivalent qualification in any stream from a recognized educational Board.
Some of the top entrance tests conducted in India for admission to the course are:
- Delhi University Joint Admission Test (Du JAT)
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (Set)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Common Entrance Test (BVP CET).
The course is offered at leading Indian institutes such as:
- Jain University
- Doon Business School
- Amity University.
Such graduates are popularly hired in capacities such as:
- E-Business Consultant
- Customer Relation Manager
- Business Analyst
- Supply Chain Manager
- Project Manager
- Database Administrator
- Financial Manager
- Health Services Manager
- IT Manager
- Financial Advisor
- Account Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Project Manager
- Human Resources (HR) Manager
- Management Consultant, etc.
The average tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 5000 and 5 Lacs for a span of 3 years.
Successful graduates of the course can expect anything between INR 3 to 12 lacs as annual salary in the industry, increasing with experience and skillset.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (E-Commerce)
BBA in E-commerce: Course Highlights
Listed below are some of the major highlights of the course:
|Examination Type||Semester System/ Year wise|
|Eligibility||10+2, preferably with Commerce subjects, with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ Based on counselling after qualification of entrance test.|
|Course Fee||INR 5,000 to 5 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 to 12 lacs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Biomax Fuels Ltd., Accenture, Nokia, Toyota, Adobe, HCL, IBM, E-bay, Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal, Alibaba, Myntra, Paytm, Google, Just Dial, Yahoo, Acura Consulting, Genpact, Cognizant Business Consulting, Deutsche Bank, Edelweiss, Mahindra & Mahindra, HDFC Bank, Boston Consulting Group, Johnson & Johnson, Fidelity Investments, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Human Resources, Operations, Banking and Insurance, Information Technology, Oil & Gas, Hospital Management, Total Quality Management (TQM), Supply Chain, Retail, Tour and Travel, International Business, Health Management, and such.|
|Job Positions||E-Business Consultant, Customer Relation Manager, Business Analyst, Supply Chain Manager, Project Manager, Database Administrator, Financial Manager, Health Services Manager, IT Manager, Financial Advisor, Account Manager, Marketing Manager, Project Manager, Human Resources (HR) Manager, Management Consultant etc.|
BBA in E-commerce: What is it About?
The course essentially involves advanced lessons in:
- fundamental concepts vital to business, including:
- general administration
- marketing and finance
- industry knowledge within the territory of e-commerce.
- converting business skills in the online environment.
- strategic management of online business activities.
- Online Operations Management
- E-commerce Marketing and Strategy
- Entrepreneurship in E-trade, and such.
The program aims to develop in eligible candidates, expertise in:
- business and commerce theory and practice.
- accounting, marketing and legal knowledge of business.
- strategic planning, systems analysis and design.
- programming, databases and networks for e-commerce.
- the computer technology-based industry.
- Internet businesses.
Such professionals are gainfully employed in the industry as:
- Finance Analysts
- Marketers in other areas of management.
Components of study included within the course’s curriculum are:
- Human and societal issues.
- Project and change management.
- human factors in computer use.
- Adoption behavior.
- Ethical, legal and security issues in e-commerce.
- Societal impacts of the discipline of E Commerce.
Top Institutes offering BBA in E-commerce
Listed below are some of the top institutes in India that offer the course:
|Name of Institute||City||Average Fees|
|Jain University||Bangalore||INR 1,45,000|
|Doon Business School||Dehradun||INR 1,32,000|
|Suresh Gyan Vihar University||Jaipur||INR 77,938|
|VELS University||Chennai||INR 99,400|
|St Joseph's College Of Commerce||Bangalore||INR 85,800|
|Amity University||Noida||INR 3,53,000|
|IIKM Business School||Chennai||INR 1,53,000|
|Mewar University||Chittorgarh||INR 55,500|
|St Teresa's College||Ernakulam||INR 22,000|
|Sobhasaria Engineering College||Sikar||INR 71,800|
|Gems B School||Bangalore||INR 1,11,000|
|Sanskriti University||Mathura||INR 50,500|
|Mm Institute of Management||Ambala||INR 65,686|
|Christ Institute of Management||Rajkot||INR 32,000|
|Sunshine Group of Institutions||Rajkot||INR 41,400|
|IFIM College||Bangalore||INR 2,00,000|
|Master School of Management||Meerut||INR 46,000|
|Alliance School of Business||Bengaluru||INR 1,50,000|
|Institute of Business Management and Research||INDORE||INR 52,000|
|Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce||Pune||INR 1,14,000|
Eligibility for BBA in E-commerce
Listed below are the minimum criteria which candidates interested in pursuing the course are required to fulfil, in order to be eligible to apply for the course:
- Successful completion of the 10+2 level of education in any stream, preferably Commerce, completed from a recognized university.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST candidates) at the level of graduation.
BBA in E-commerce: Admission Process
Most institutes offering the course admit students based on performance in a relevant entrance test, often followed by a round of personal interview, wherein their general aptitude for the course is tested. Admission process generally varies across colleges.
A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the 10+2 level.
Listed below are some of the top entrance exams conducted in the country for admission to the course:
- DSAT (Dayanand Sagar Admission Test)
- SUAT (Sharda University Admission Test)
- KIITEE (Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Exam)
- CMRUAT (CMR University Admission Test)
- ITM NEST (ITM National Entrance and Scholarship Test)
- SPSAT (Sri Padampat Singhania Admission Test)
- DU JAT (Delhi University Joint Admission Test)
- SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test)
- BVP CET (Bharati Vidyapeeth Common Entrance Test)
- NPAT (National Test for Programs After Twelfth)
- CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test)
- BUMAT (Bharati Vidyapeeth Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test)
- UGAT-AIMA (Under Graduate Aptitude Test-AIMA)
- BUMAT (Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Management)
- GOT (Gitam Online Test)
- GGSIPU CET BBA (Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University)
- AUMAT (Alliance Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test)
BBA in E-commerce: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated here:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Introduction to Sociology||Seminal Events in Global History|
|Essential English Literature||Introduction to Psychology|
|Appreciating Art Fundamentals||Critical Analysis & Writing|
|Business Communication||Business Statistics|
|Business Economics||Business Accounting|
|Business Mathematics||Operations Management|
|Application of Spreadsheets in Business||Oral & Visual Communication|
|Introduction to Marketing||-|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Introduction to Supply Chain Management||International Business|
|Organizational Behavior||Logistics for E-Commerce|
|Impact of Media on Society - A History||Business & Corporate Law|
|Introduction to Business Analytics||Ethics & Corporate Governance|
|Social Problems and Public Policy||Cost & Management Accounting|
|Financial Management||E-Commerce Technologies|
|Marketing for the Digital Economy||Human Resource Management|
|Summer School 1||-|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Research Methodology & Report Writing||Project Management|
|Negotiating Skills||Leadership in a Dynamic Business Environment|
|Entrepreneurship||Introduction to Multimodal Transportation|
|Strategy Management||ERP in Supply Chain|
|Digital Consumer Search and Marketing||Design Thinking|
|Marketing and Retail Analytics||Major Project|
|Summer School 2||-|
BBA in E-commerce: Career Prospects
Employment opportunities for such professionals abound across:
- digital marketing sectors.
- social media marketing.
- mobile marketing.
- email marketing.
- content marketing.
- search engine optimization SEO.
- web designing.
- display advertising.
- data analysis.
- SEM and Consumer Relationship Management (CRM).
Such professionals are recruited as:
- Internet Developer
- Software Engineer
- Web Designer
- IT or Technical Support
- Operation Manager.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to successful graduates of the course are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions:
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Pay Scale in INR|
|E-Business Consultant||An E-Business Consultant advises in a number of areas, including advertising, web optimization solutions, business planning, and marketing.||6,95,827|
|Business Development Manager||
A Business Development Manager upgrades the organization’s market position and performs budgetary development. They are responsible for long-term organizational strategic objectives, recognizing business openings, and constructing key client connections.
Also, they negotiate and close business deals and maintain a broad knowledge of current market conditions.
|Customer Relation Manager||A CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) is somebody who knows their client's need and requirements. They understand client request, as well as proactively offer ideas and insights to resolve the client's issues and problems.||3,41,990|
|Business Analyst||Business Analysts create technical solutions for business issues, or advance an organization's business endeavors. They characterize, examine, and document business requirements.||8,62,699|
|Purchase Manager||Purchase Managers are responsible for looking for dependable merchants or providers to provide quality goods at reasonable costs. Also, they arrange costs and contracts, and prepare technical specification for raw materials, parts, gears, or structures.||7,14,557|