What is BBA International Business?
BBA in International Business is an undergraduate course which is of 3-year duration. This course is designed to provide eligible candidates the skills required to create and manage global companies.
Check top BBA Colleges in India here.
This program basically covers an advanced study of business and cultural concepts which are relevant to International Business, global practices, business practice followed by the international competitors and many more.
In order to be considered eligible to apply to this program, students must have passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board with an aggregate of at least 50% marks. Admission to this course will be done on the basis of the candidate's performance in the entrance exams or on the basis of their performance in the Class 12 examination.
Some of the top BBA International Business institutes, as rated by NIRF 2020 are as follows.
|NIRF Ranking 2020||College/ University Name||Admission Process||Average Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|39||Alliance University, Bangalore||Entrance-Based||INR 2,00,000||INR 7,60,000|
|41||Amity University, Noida||Entrance-Based||INR 3,61,000||INR 4,50,000|
|51||Chandigarh University, Chandigarh||Entrance-Based||INR 96,000||INR 5,96,000|
|49||LPU, Jalandhar||Entrance-Based||INR 1,09,200||INR 8,40,000|
|63||Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune||Entrance-Based||INR 1,00,000||INR 7,50,000|
There are various public and private institutes that offer this course. The average course fees for the program ranges between INR 50,000 and INR 5,00,000.
The job profiles available to BBA International Business degree holders include International HR Managers, International Training Managers, International Operations Managers, Global Distribution Managers, Accountants Executive etc.
They usually get employment in areas like Logistic Companies, Export Houses, Custom Clearing Houses, SEZs, Ports etc.
The average placement package that can be expected by fresh graduates of BBA International Business usually ranges between INR 3,00,000 and INR 10,00,000.
What is the BBA International Business Admission Process?
Admission to the course is usually based on the score obtained by a candidate in an entrance exam. Some of the major entrance exams conducted for this purpose are CUCET, DSAT, BUMAT etc. Some colleges also offer admission on merit basis. The various steps involved in the admission process are given below.
Candidates have to follow the below mentioned steps in order for Merit-Based admission:
- Submit the application to the colleges or universities you wish to seek admission into.
- Get a good score in Class 12 exams.
- In due course of time, colleges release their merit lists. Check if you are eligible for admission into the desired course.
- If eligible, visit the college and submit all the required documents.
The guide to apply for entrance exam based admission is as follows.
- Registration: Candidates have to register themselves online by visiting the official website of the conducting body.
- Filling up of Application Form: Fill up the application form with all necessary details with care.
- Upload documents: Scan and upload all required documents like mark sheets. Documents need to be uploaded in a specific format only, as specified by the institute’s application portal.
- Application fee: Pay the requisite amount of application fee
- Download admit card: Admit cards are released once all applicants are judged for eligibility. The admit card must be downloaded and printed out to be used on the day of the examination.
- Examination: Prepare for the exam as per the syllabus and past papers. Appear for the examination on the date announced.
- Results: Results are announced after a couple of weeks of the exam day. If a candidate is successful in qualifying the entrance examinations, they can move on to the next round.
- Counseling and admission: Counselling is held for students who have cleared the entrance examinations. The student can now take admission in the BE Civil Engineering course.
What is the BBA International Business Eligibility Criteria?
The eligibility criteria for BBA International Business aspirants is not complicated and is as follows. It must be noted that the eligibility criteria will differ from institute to institute.
- Students must have passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board with an aggregate of at least 50% marks.
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 in Commerce Stream or must have studied Mathematics as a compulsory subject in Class 12.
Which are the popular BBA International Business Entrance Exams?
There are many national and state-level entrance exams to appear for the admission into the BBA International Business program.
Listed below are some of these popular BBA International Business entrance exams.
CUCET: CUCET is a national level examination which is regulated by ten central universities jointly. It is a combined entrance exam which is conducted for providing admission into various UG, PG & other courses offered by the central universities across India.
DSAT: It is a university level entrance test which is conducted by the Dayananda Sagar University for admission to various UG and PG courses in DSU.
BUMAT: The Bharati Vidyapeeth Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test (BUMAT) is a national-level entrance exam which is conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University. The exam is conducted for the candidates seeking admission to BBA & BCA courses offered by the university and its affiliated colleges.
The dates of application and examination for the above-mentioned examinations are mentioned in the table below.
|Entrance exam||Application Deadline||Exam date||Exam mode|
|CUCET 2020||March 16 - June 06, 2020||September 18 - 20, 2020||Offline|
|DSAT 2020||January 9 2020 – August, 2020||August 3,4,23,24,25 and September 5, 2020||Remote Proctored Mode|
|BUMAT 2020||February 14 – August 7, 2020||August 18-19, 2020||Offline|
How to prepare for BBA International Business entrance examinations?
To help candidates prepare better and efficiently for the entrance examinations, the following pointers can be referred to.
- Prepare a timetable for studying. Include each topic in every subject and stick to the timetable. This will ensure the entire syllabus is covered at least once. Allocate time daily to studies.
- You have to start early for your aims, so that you will be able to prepare well for the entrance exam.
- Clear up the basics. The basics will form the base for the more advanced chapters later on. A strong understanding of the basics will be useful.
- Allocate time separately for the more difficult topics. If needed, approach a teacher or a tutor to help go over the topics again.
- Don’t forget to revise things. This is the most important aspect of one’s preparation.
How to get admission in a good BBA International Business college?
To secure admission into a top-ranked BBA International Business college, a number of factors come into play. Some of the following tips will be helpful in that regard.
- Be aware of the types of questions and the difficulty level of the questions asked in entrance exams.
- Since questions are asked from the syllabus covered at the 10+2 level of schooling, going over the material and notes would be sufficient. Revision of all basic concepts must be done.
- Be aware of all dates and deadlines. Examination application dates, exam dates etc. are changed and advertised in all major newspapers. It is important to keep track of any such news.
- Take a look at the daily news and affairs of the world regularly. Keeping up to date with the news will help in preparation for the exam and counseling round but also act as a break from studying.
BBA International Business: What is it about?
Information and details about the BBA International Business program are as follows.
- International Business comprises all commercial activities that take place to promote the transfer of goods, services, resources , ideas and technologies across national geographical boundaries.
- While pursuing this program, students will learn about different aspects of international business such as Global Business Administration, International Business Programs, Concepts of Buying and Selling etc.
- Students will get both theoretical and practical knowledge of trading and business.
- The main subjects of study included in the BBA International Business are International Marketing, Management of Cross Cultural ISsues, Global Supply Chain Management etc.
BBA International Business Course Highlights
Highlights for BBA International Business program are provided in the table given below:
|Examination Type||Semester / year wise|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50% marks in Commerce Stream|
|Admission Process||Entrance/ Merit-Based|
|Course Fees||INR 50,000 - 5,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3,00,000 – 10,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||HDFC, HSBC, Citi Bank, BPO, Amazon, Oracle, Adobe, ICICI, Airtel, Vodafone etc.|
|Job Positions||International Human Resources Managers, International Training Managers, International Operations Managers, Global Distribution Managers, Accountants Executive etc.|
Why Study BBA International Business?
The goal to attain a BBA International Business degree will depend on each individual’s aspirations and goals. Some of the reasons to pursue this course are as follows.
- High pay: Average packages for BBA International Business graduates are on the higher side for both private and public organizations.
- Career opportunities: The International Business degree holder is able to pursue a diverse array of career opportunities. There is no limit to educational programs one can choose. From PhD, Management to Competitive examinations to get employed in Government organizations, the sky's the limit.
- On completion of this program, students will be able to get handsome salary packages ranging between INR 3,00,000 and 10,00,000 depending on candidate’s expertise in the field.
- BBA International Business degree holders will be able to find work as an International Human Resources Managers, International Training Managers, International Operations Managers, Global Distribution Managers etc. in Banks, MNCs etc.
- Candidates can further pursue Research courses such as PhD, Doctor of Science etc.
BBA International Business vs BBA Management
|Parameters||BBA International Business||BBA Management|
|Overview||In this course, students will learn about different aspects of international business including Global Business Administration, International Business Programs, Concepts of Buying, Selling, Marketing, Making Profits etc.||Students will learn about different dimensions of business and management. It helps to enhance the communication skills and entrepreneurship skills. Candidates will have both theoretical and practical knowledge.|
|Duration of course||3 years||3-4 years|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50% marks in Commerce stream.||10+2 with minimum 45% marks in any stream with English as a compulsory subject|
|Admission Process||Entrance/ Merit-Based||Entrance/ Merit-Based|
|Average Course Fees||INR 50,000 – 5,00,000||INR 1,00,000 – 7,65,000|
|Job positions||International Human Resources Managers, International Training Managers, International Operations Managers, Global Distribution Managers, Accountants Executive etc.||Production Manager, Human Resource Manager, Business Consultant, Finance Manager etc.|
|Average Salary||INR 3,00,000 – 10,00,000||INR 2,00,000 – 8,00,000|
|Top Colleges||Alliance University, Amity University, Chandigarh University, LPU etc.||KKMII, New Delhi, RIBS, Kanpur, PNG Govt. PG College etc.|
|Top Companies||HDFC, HSBC, Citi Bank, BPO, Amazon, Oracle, Adobe, ICICI, Airtel, Vodafone etc.||Marketing Organizations, Banks, Export Companies, Multinational Companies etc.|
Source: College Websites
Which are the Top BBA International Business Colleges?
The table below shows the best BBA International Business colleges and universities that offer the course in a full-time mode.
|NIRF Ranking 2020||Name of the institute||Admission Process||Average fees||Average annual salary|
|39||Alliance University, Bangalore||Entrance-Based||INR 2,00,000||INR 7,80,000|
|41||Amity University, Noida||Entrance-Based||INR 3,61,000||INR 4,50,000|
|49||LPU, Jalandhar||Entrance-Based||INR 1,09,000||INR 8,40,000|
|54||JSS Academy Of Higher Education and Research, Mysore||Merit-Based||INR 1,80,000||INR 5,00,000|
|63||BVDU, Pune||Entrance-Based||INR 1,00,000||INR 7,50,000|
|101||DY Patil University, Mumbai||Merit-Based||INR 1,20,000||INR 3,20,000|
|151||Manav Rachna international institute of research and studies, Faridabad||Merit-Based||INR 1,61,000||INR 6,60,000|
|__||Parul University, Vadodara||Entrance-Based||INR 55,000||INR 3,20,000|
|--||GD Goenka University, Gurgaon||Merit-Based||INR 3,10,000||INR 11,00,000|
|--||NIMS University, Jaipur||Merit-Based||INR 60,000||INR 4,00,000|
Source: College Websites
BBA International Business College Comparison
The table given below depicts the comparison made among the three top BBA International Business colleges in India.
|Parameters||Alliance University||Amity University||Lovely professional University|
|About college||This college offers UG, PG and Doctoral level courses along with professional certificate programs. It includes BBA, B.Com, MBA, PGDM, LL.M. etc.||Amity university is a private university which offers various courses in Engineering, Law, Medical, Animation, Anthropology. It offers UG and PG courses with M.Phil and Ph.D.||LPU was established under the Punjab State Private University. It offers approx 300 courses in UG, PG, diploma, doctoral levels, specialisation courses and several others.|
|NIRF Ranking 2020||39||41||49|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with minimum 50% marks in Commerce stream||10+2 with minimum 50% marks in Commerce stream||10+2 with minimum 50% marks in Commerce stream|
|Admission process||Entrance Test||Entrance Test followed by Interview||Entrance Test followed by Interview|
|Average Fees||INR 2,00,000||INR 3,61,000||INR 1,09,000|
|Average Salary||INR 7,60,000||INR 4,50,000||INR 8,40,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Oracle, Cadbury, Sales force, Amazon, Team Lease etc.||HSBC, Optum, Paytm, KPIT, NIIT, ADECCO, Chegg, Opera etc.||KONY, Flipkart, Amazon, Wipro, TCS, Quest, CGI, MRF, TATA etc.|
Source: College Websites
What is the Syllabus of BBA International Business?
The subjects taught for the BBA International Business program are almost similar in most of the engineering colleges. The semester-wise syllabus for the entire BBA International Business course is as follows.
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2|
|Business Mathematics||Computer Awareness – II|
|Management Foundation||Indian System of Business|
|Economic Environment – I||Economic Environment – II|
|Micro Economics & Applications||Macro Economics & Applications|
|Computer Awareness – I||Accounting – I|
|Fundamentals of International Business||Values & Ethics in International Business|
|Foreign language – I French German Spanish Japanese Chinese||Foreign language – II French German Spanish Japanese Chinese|
|Environmental Studies||Global Business Management|
|Behavioral Science – I||Behavioral Science – II|
|SEMESTER 3||SEMESTER 4|
|Financial Management – I||Principles of Marketing|
|Fundamentals of Marketing||Financial Management – II|
|Business Statistics||Legal Framework of Business & Management|
|Database Management System||Research Methods & Reports Preparing Module|
|Accounting – II||System analysis & design|
|Communication skills – I||Project management|
|Behavioral Science – III||International strategic management|
|International institutions & trade implications||Communication skills – II|
|Foreign language – III French German Spanish Japanese Chinese||Behavioral Science - IV|
|Summer assignment – I (Evaluation )||Foreign language – IV French German Spanish Japanese Chinese|
|SEMESTER 5||SEMESTER 6|
|Entrepreneurship Development||Managerial accounting|
|Human Resource management||Export – import documentation & logistics|
|Taxation laws & Practices||E – Commerce & international trade|
|Computer applications||Sales management|
|International marketing||International financial management|
|Communication skills – III||Foreign language – VI French German Spanish Japanese Chinese|
|Behavioral Science – V||Cross cultural management & management of multinational companies|
|Operation research||Communication skills – IV|
|Foreign language – V French German Spanish Japanese Chinese||Behavioral Science – VI|
|Summer internship (evaluation )||-|
Which Books Can I Refer to While Pursuing BBA International Business?
Tabulated below are some of the BBA International Business subject books that can help students to have a broader and better understanding of the course:
|The personal MBA : A World – class business education in a single volume||Josh Kaufman|
|Good economics for hard times: Better answers to our biggest problems||Abhijit V. Banerjee|
|International trade finance (2017 edition)||Indian institute of banking & finance|
|Profit first||Mike Michalowicz|
|Global Asian of the year 2019-20||AsiaOne Editorial Team|
What are Job Prospects and Career Options after BBA International Business?
- The International Business field has limited job opportunities in comparison to fields IT or management firms.
- BBA IB graduates will be able to get jobs as a Management Analyst, Executive, Economist, Marketing Manager etc.in various domains such as Marketing and Finance, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management etc.
Some of the most common job profiles that a BBA International Business degree holders can opt for along with job description and salary package are mentioned in the table below.
|Job Profile||Job Role||Average Annual Salary|
|Export Manager||The job role of an Export Manager is to administer export of goods. He is also responsible for finance matters and transaction processes.||INR 6,67,000|
|International Brand Manager||He manages, develops, and implements product marketing to maximize sales in the international market.||INR 10,77,000|
|Global Business Manager||Develop and implement innovative marketing, prepare budgets and manage expenses, develop marketing plans for high profits and increase in sales.||INR 5,00,000|
|International Logistics Manager||International Logistics Manager coordinates with overseas vendors to manage import activities in order to meet service level expectations.||INR 6,18,000|
|International Finance Manager||The role of an International Finance Manager is to coordinate with financial management like accounting operation, grants management, budget planning, financial forecasting etc.||INR 5,16,000|
Source: College Websites
What are the Future Scopes of BBA International Business?
The BBA International Business degree holders can prefer to do jobs on completion of this program or can go for higher studies. The most popular choices of education on completion of a BBA International Business degree are as follows.
MBA: Most of the BBA degree holders choose to go for higher education and pursue a PGDM or MBA course. Admissions are offered through a national level entrance test. Having a BBA IB degree together with an MBA in a specialization of choice is highly advantageous and many organizations actively search for such candidates.
- Competitive examinations: Another route that graduates can opt to go for is to prepare for competitive examinations. Examinations that are meant for job opportunities in Government sector organizations are most popular. Jobs are secure with assured high pay and regular increments.
- Certificate Courses: Students can opt for Certificate Courses in Management on completion of this course.
BBA International Business: FAQs
Some of the most frequently asked questions related to the BBA International Businessprogram are as follows:
Ques. What is BBA International Business?
Ans. BBA International Businessis a 3-year undergraduate course the aim of which is to equip the students with the knowledge to manage the management companies.
Ques. Is Mathematics compulsory for the BBA International Businesscourse?
Ans. If you are pursuing BBA in International Business from Christ University, then you need not take Mathematics as a compulsory subject in Class 12. If you take Mathematics in Class 12, you will have a good & strong base for calculation in future.
Ques. What skills should I pursue to get success in my career in International Business?
Ans. The skills that you require to get success in International Business are:
- Interpersonal influence
- Emotional intelligence
- Adaption of dynamic things.
- Different cultural communications skills
Ques. What Is the main Purpose of the BBA in an International Business program?
Ans. The main purpose of BBA International Business program is to promote the business, earn higher profits, increase in sales, expand the business, share the ideas and techniques across the world and numerous others.
Ques. What can be the recruiting areas for BBA in International Businessgraduates?
Ans.The recruiting areas for BBA International Businessgraduates includes Logistic companies, Dry ports, Banks, Export houses etc.
Ques. What are the entrance exams I can take for admission to the BBA International Businessprogram?
Ans. Some of the top entrance exams are AIMA, NPAT, ITM NEST etc.
Ques. When will the admission open for the BBA International Businessprogram?
Ans. The admission process for BBA International Businessprogram is held up due to Covid – 19 pandemic. Stay updated and regularly visit the official websites of the concerned colleges for further notifications.
Ques. Is BBA International Business a good career option?
Ans. If you want to do specialisation in International Business, BBA IB is good and if you are looking for HR, Finance, Marketing then you can go with BBA general. Both the fields are good.
Ques. Why should I pursue a BBA course?
Ans. BBA has an excellent scope and if you are looking for a managerial role in a firm, BBA proves to be a good course.