BBA Management is a specialized undergraduate course which is of 3-year duration. For students who want to pursue the course in distance learning mode, the duration varies from a minimum of three years to a maximum of four years.
Check list of Top Management Colleges in India offering this course.
BBA Management has got several specialized subjects like Marketing Management, Principles of Management, Effective Communication, Financial Accounting etc., that students have to study during this course.
The curriculum is made in such a way so that the students get the knowledge of fundamentals of Management. The course prepares the students with good analytical and communication skills so that they can excel in the marketing industry.
To be considered eligible to apply to this program, students are required to have passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board with an aggregate of at least 50% marks.
Admission to BBA Management course will be done either on the basis of the candidate's performance in the Class 12 exam or on the basis of their performance in the entrance exams conducted by admission authorities.
The tabulation below is the list of Top BBA Management colleges in India:
|NIRF RANKING 2020||College Name||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees||Average Placement Offer|
|39||Alliance University, Bangalore||Merit-Based||INR 2,00,000||INR 6,00,000|
|44||Xavier University, Bhubaneswar||Merit-Based||INR 1,52,000||INR 5,48,000|
|49||LPU Jalandhar||Entrance-Based||INR 1,09,000||INR 4,63,000|
|51||Chandigarh University, Chandigarh||Merit-Based||INR 96,000||INR 6,78,000|
|58||KL University Business School, Guntur||Merit-Based||INR 1,55,000||INR 8,26,000|
The average fee charged by colleges offering this BBA course ranges from INR 1,00,000 to INR 7,65,000 per annum. It can vary depending upon the college the student has chosen.
BBA Management degree holders can opt for numerous jobs such as Production Manager, Human Resource Manager, Business Consultant, Finance Manager etc.. Some of the top recruiters are Marketing Organizations, Banks, Export Companies, Multinational Companies, etc.
The average salary that one can expect after completing BBA Management ranges from INR 3-7 lakh per annum, depending on the job roles and experience of candidates.
If students wish to study further, they can opt for numerous postgraduate courses such as MA Management, Master in Marketing Management, Master in Management Studies, Postgraduate Diploma in Management and numerous others.
Check list of Top Master in Management Studies Colleges in India.
What is the BBA Management Admission Process?
Most colleges and institutes offering BBA Management courses admit students based on their performance in the entrance examination. However, there are some colleges which offer admission to students based on their performance in the Class 12 examination also.
The following are the two major pathways through which BBA Management admissions take place.
There are a number of colleges that offer BBA Management courses and admit students based on the marks secured in the Class 12 exam. Besides that, these colleges may conduct a Personal Interview or a Written Test to further know the candidate’s skills.
Most of the colleges and universities offer admission to BBA Management program on the basis of entrance exams like DU JAT, NMAT, SET etc.
The step-by-step procedure for entrance-based admission is as follows:
- Step 1: Students have to register on the official website.
- Step 2: Fill the application form with correct details.
- Step 3: After examination, a cutoff list will be released on the website. Seats will then be allotted to candidates based on their scores in the entrance exam.
- Step 4: Some colleges also conduct personal interviews and group discussion for admission to this course.
- Step 5: On meeting all the eligibility criteria, a student will then be offered admission to the course.
What is the BBA Management Eligibility Criteria?
The eligibility for pursuing BBA Management is:
- Since this is a bachelor's degree course, the main eligibility for admission is based on the 10+2 score of the candidates.
- Along with that some colleges might ask for an entrance exam as a part of eligibility.
- The students must have studied English as their main subject in their 10+2 level.
- Students should also have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in Class XII.
Which are the top BBA Management Entrance Exams?
There are some college-specific entrance exams for admission to the BBA Management program, some of which are national level. Students can get the details of those exams from the respective college websites. Some of the top entrance exams are:
NPAT – This is an entrance exam for NMIMS University which the students can appear after twelfth for Bachelor of Business Administration course.
DU JAT – It is a national level entrance exam which is conducted by Delhi University for admission to colleges affiliated to it.
- IPMAT (IIM Indore Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test) – This entrance exam is conducted by IIM Indore for admission to its BBA course.
- SET BBA – This entrance exam is conducted by Symbiosis International University and is a national level entrance exam for admission to undergraduate courses.
The dates of application and examination for the above-mentioned examinations are mentioned in the table below.
|Entrance Exam||Application Deadline||Exam Date||Entrance Mode|
|NPAT 2020||May 12, 2020||June 26 - June 28, 2020||Online|
|DU JAT 2020||July 31, 2020||September 6 - September 11, 2020||Online|
|IPMAT 2020||April 20, 2020||May 21, 2020||Online|
|SET 2020||June 30, 2020||July 19, 2020||Online|
How to prepare for BBA Management Entrance Exams?
Students must have a clear idea about the syllabus and the pattern of the exam. The general syllabus includes:
- Quant Section, Logical Reasoning, English.
- Apart from this, there may be a General Knowledge (GK) section as well.
Students can prepare well for these exams if they follow a timetable and give at least 2-3 hours a day for the preparation.
- Before the exam try to solve as many mock tests and previous year papers as you can. This will help boost the confidence level before the exam.
- Since the exams are time- based, the more the students will practice giving mock tests based on time, the faster they will get before the exam.
- Some exams have negative markings, so students must be careful while attending the questions. They must attend only those questions which they are sure about.
How to Get Admission in a good BBA Management College?
To get admission in the top BBA Management colleges, the following points must be kept in mind:
- Candidates are shortlisted by the college through respective entrance exams followed by an interview.
- To get a good college for BBA appearing for IPMAT, DU-JAT and SET exams is the best way Check the list of Top BBA Colleges in India.
- A few private institutes are there offering the course to admit students based on their performance in a relevant entrance test followed by a round of Personal Interview.
- Getting into a good college for the admission in BBA Management program, candidates need to score well in the respective entrance exams.
- There are some colleges which offer admission based on the candidate's performance in the qualifying exam so it is very important for students to get a good score in Class 12 exams.
BBA Management: What is it about?
The BBA in Management course provides basic knowledge about the various fundamentals of business management. The following are the key points we get to see in the course:
- The students get to know about various tools that are involved in management studies. The students are trained and polished so that they have fluent communication skills.
- This program incorporates managing skills in the students, so that they can become capable of running a successful business in the future.
- This course provides the base or foundation of business skills.
- Students get to study subjects such as Understanding of Marketing Management, Taxes, Human Resource Management, Operations Management, tools of Financial Management, and much more, enabling them to specialize in a particular field of their choice in future.
- The aim of this program is to equip students to develop interpersonal skills, managing skills, Entrepreneurship skills in the course duration.
- Various seminars, internships, projects are included in the course in order to give the students a comprehensive outlook and to prepare them for the industry.
- Entrepreneurship skills are also imparted in the students during this course.
BBA Management Course Highlights
Highlights for the BBA in Management program are provided in the table given below:
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Business Administration|
|Examination type||Semester and Annual|
|Average Annual Course Fee||INR 1,00,000 to INR 7,65,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 2,00,000 to INR 20,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||EY, HP, Microsoft, IBM, Sony, Deloitte, Nokia, Marketing Organizations, Banks, Export Companies, Multinational Companies etc.|
|Job Positions||Production Manager, Human Resource Manager, Business Consultant, Finance Manager etc.|
Why Study BBA Management?
There are many benefits of pursuing a BBA degree in Management. Some of them are:
- Students gain an in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of management, interpersonal skills, and analytical skills that are needed to work in a number of enterprises.
- This course provides foundation education in Business Management, Entrepreneur Skills.
- On completion of this course, students are usually placed in Marketing Organizations, Banks, Export Companies and various private and government companies.
- Handsome salary packages are offered with an average annual salary ranging between INR 2,00,000 and INR 20,00,000.
- A large number of employment opportunities are available in this field.
- It will further open new doors to thriving career opportunities.
- A high level of communication skills and interpersonal skills are important to excel in this field of work.
BBA Management vs BBA Marketing
Both BBA Management and BBA (Marketing) are undergraduate business courses. Both of these courses are similar. However there is a minute difference between these two programs. The difference between BBA Management and BBA Marketing is as follows.
BBA Management basically focuses on fundamentals of Business Management whereas BBA Marketing focuses on providing the basic marketing skills to the students.
Check the table below for more comparative details:
|Parameters||BBA Management||BBA Marketing|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Business Administration in Management||Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing|
|Course Overview||BBA Management prepares students by training them with various tools involved in business management studies. The course also focuses on improving communication skills and entrepreneurship skills.||BBA in Marketing is a branch of BBA that deals with the concepts of business management and marketing strategies. It prepares the students to marketing theories and principles to prepare them for the industry.|
|Eligibility||Passed Class 12 with an aggregate of at least 50% marks||Passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board.|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam/ Merit-Based||Entrance Exam/ Merit-Based|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 1,00,000 - INR 7,65,000||INR 2,00,000 - INR 6,00,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 3,00,000 - INR 7,00,000||INR 3,00,000 - INR 6,00,000|
|Colleges||Alliance University, Bangalore, XUB, Bhubaneswar, LPU, Jalandhar||International School of Management Excellence, IMS Unison University, Sharda University, Manipal University, SIU, Pune|
|Job Positions||Production Manager, Human Resource Manager, Business Consultant, Finance Manager, etc.||Marketing Executive, Advertising Executive, Sales Manager, Market Research Analyst etc.|
|Area of Employment||MNCs, Financial Organizations, Business Houses, Marketing Organizations etc.||MNCs, Financial Organizations, Business Houses, Banking, Marketing Organizations etc.|
Check list of Top BBA Marketing Colleges in India.
Source: College Websites
Source: College Websites
Which are the Best BBA Management Colleges?
The table given below shows the best BBA Management top colleges and universities that offer the course in a full-time mode.
|NIRF Ranking 2020||College Name||City||Average Annual Course Fees||Average Annual Placement Package|
|39||Alliance University||Bangalore||INR 2,00,000||INR 6,00,000|
|44||Xavier University||Bhubaneswar||INR 1,52,000||INR 5,48,000|
|49||LPU||Jalandhar||INR 1,09,000||INR 4,63,000|
|51||Chandigarh University||Chandigarh||INR 96,000||INR 6,78,000|
|58||KL University Business School||Guntur||INR 1,55,000||INR 8,26,000|
|63||IMED, BVDU||Pune||INR 1,00,000||INR 10,67,000|
|64||University School of Business Chandigarh University||Chandigarh||INR 96,000||INR 11,88,000|
|66||UPES, Dehradun||Dehradun||INR 2,00,000||INR 13,45,000|
|74||PDPU||Gandhinagar||INR 2,49,000||INR 15,89,000|
|76||Christ University||Bangalore||INR 2,20,000||INR 11,53,000|
Source: College Websites
BBA Management College Comparison
To help choose between which university/college to take admission in for the BBA Management course, a side by side comparison of the top three universities is given below.
|College Name||Alliance University, Bangalore||LPU Jalandhar||Xavier University, Bangalore|
|Overview||ALLIANCE UNIVERSITY, Bangalore is considered as one of the premier & esteemed private B schools in the country. This university is ranked the Most Preferred Private University of the Year by ASSOCHAM in 2020.||LPU was awarded Best Private University Award by ASSOCHAM again in 2017. It is a deemed university which provides more than 200 courses in 55 disciplines.||XAVIER UNIVERSITY, Bangalore is an A+++ rated B-school and offers a large number of management courses both at the UG and PG level.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 2,00,000||INR 1,09,000||INR 1,52,000|
|Average Annual Placement Package||INR 6,00,000||INR 5,48,000||INR 4,63,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Amazon, Byju's, Cinepolis, Ernst & Young, Federal Bank, Godrej, Makemytrip, Nestle, Oracle etc.||Microsoft, Amazon India, Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Ltd., Cognizant Technology Solutions etc.||HCL Technologies, Wipro, IBM, Tata Metaliks, Intellect Design, HSBC Analytics, HDFC Bank etc.|
Source: College Websites
What is the BBA Management Syllabus?
The course consists of six semesters and the subjects taught are divided into these six semesters. The Semester-wise syllabus of BBA Management course is provided in the table given below:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Principles of Management I||Effective Communication I|
|Quantitative Techniques I||Principles of Management II|
|Human Resource Management I||Business Law I|
|Computer Applications||Managerial Economics I|
|Financial Accounting||Management Accounting I|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Business Environment||Effective Communication II|
|Family Business Management||Financial Management I|
|Business Law III||Quantitative Methods in Business II|
|Management Accounting II||Managerial Economics II|
|Project Work||Human Resource Management II|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Marketing Management||International Marketing|
|Direct Taxes||Export/ Import Management|
|Indirect Taxes||Environment Management|
|Operations Management||Public Relations Management|
|Research Methodology in Management||Project Management|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Supply Chain/ Logistics Management||Financial Management II|
|Rural Marketing||Business Strategy for Entrepreneurship|
|Management of Co-operatives & NGO||Management of Small Scale Industries|
|Management of Services||Business Decision Making|
|Retail Management||Market Research|
What are the Job Prospects and Career Options after BBA Management?
After completing BBA Management, students will get plenty of opportunities in various job sectors.
- Various job profiles such as Marketing Accountant, Finance Manager, HR Manager etc. are available for BBA Management graduates in various sectors such as Marketing Organizations, Banks, Export Companies, Multinational Companies etc.
- Jobs are available in both the public and private sectors. Some of the top recruiting companies are EY, HP, Microsoft, IBM, Sony, Deloitte, and Nokia.
The table given below shows some of the most common BBA Management job profiles and career prospects after completing the course is as follows:
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Management Accountant||The job of a Management Accountant is to prepare budgets, reports, and financial statements as well as generate internal audits.||INR 5,63,000|
|Finance Manager||Monitor reports and accounts, prepare reports, and forecast finance reports.||INR 9,87,000|
|Human Resource Manager||The responsibilities of an HR Manager include planning, implementing and evaluating policies, practices and employee relations.||INR 6,25,000|
|Business Administration Researcher||Assist in projects, research, gather data and generate ways of enhancing business.||INR 4,57,000|
|Marketing Manager||Responsibilities include implementing and executing strategic marketing techniques to increase the company’s sales.||INR 17,50,000|
|Production Manager||Responsibilities include planning, organizing schedules, assessing projects and arranging budgets.||INR 8,83,000|
|Research and Development Manager||Conduct research, plan and implement new programs in the organization and oversee development.||INR 12,75,000|
Source: College Websites
What are the Future Scopes of BBA Management?
After completing BBA Management, students have options to either go for higher studies or apply for a suitable job position. The option for pursuing higher studies will benefit the student in the long run as it would add more value and knowledge to their career.
Students can pursue the following programs after BBA Management course:
- MBA - Students can opt for a Master in Business Administration program after completing this course and further get better job opportunities with lucrative salary packages. Check MBA job opportunities here.
- PGDM - After completing BBA in Management course, students can also pursue a Postgraduate Diploma in Management course which is of two year duration and offer numerous career options to students.
- MMS - A Master in Management Studies is a postgraduate program which can be pursued on completion of BBA Management course.
- BBA graduates with good skills in planning and managing resources and data-crunching will find a lot of opportunities in government financial institutions.
BBA Management FAQs
Some of the most frequently asked questions related to the BBA in Management program are provided below:
Ques. BBA Management vs BBA Marketing. Which is better?
Ans. Both of these courses are quite similar to each other but students who want to get an in-depth knowledge of management studies can opt for BBA Management whereas students who are looking to enhance their marketing skills can opt for BBA Marketing.
Ques. Can the BBA Management course be pursued online?
Ans. Yes; there are some colleges which offer this course in online mode.
Ques. What are the job opportunities that a student can get with a BBA Management degree?
Ans. Some of the common job opportunities that one can opt for on completion of BBA Management degree includes Production Manager, Human Resource Manager, Business Consultant, Finance Manager, etc.
Ques. Is there any entrance exam for admission to BBA Management program in Indian colleges?
Ans. Most of the colleges select students based on their performance in the Class 12 exam. However, there are some colleges which conduct entrance exams and interviews for the selection process. Some of them are:
Ques. What is the duration of the BBA Management course?
Ans. The duration of this course can vary from 3 to 4 years.
Ques. What is the basic eligibility criteria for admission to this course?
Ans. Students must hold an aggregate of at least 45% marks in Class 12 with English as a compulsory subject to seek admission to BBA Management program.
Ques. In which job sector will the students get recruited after completion of this program?
Ans. On completion of this course, students are likely to get recruited in a wide range of sectors such as Multinational Companies, Banks, Business firms, Marketing organizations and many more.
Ques. What are the common subjects that are taught in this course?
Ans. Quantitative Techniques, Human Resource Management, Computer Applications, Financial Accounting, Effective Communication, Principles of Management, Business Law, and Managerial Economics are some of the subjects that you get to study while pursuing this course.
Ques. Is the exam semester type or annual type?
Ans. Generally, the course has semester type exams.
Ques. What is the average course fee charged by Indian Colleges/ Universities for this course?
Ans. The average course fee ranges between INR 1,00,000 and 7,65,000 per annum.