Bachelor's degree in Commerce in Corporate Secretaryship is a full-time, regular, 3 year-long course in the branch of commerce. The whole study pattern is semester-based.
Read more about BCom.
Know More About Commerce Courses
The main focus of the course is to train students in corporate governance, with excellence in secretarial practices and company laws.
This is one of the basic level degree programs to start a career in commerce.
In this branch of study, students are given in-depth knowledge in subjects like Financial Accounting, Company accounting, Company Law and Secretaryship Practice, Marketing / Corporate E-Management, Business Management, Industrial Laws, Income Tax Law & Practice, Indirect Taxes Project (Institutions Training), Commercial laws and many more.
This field of study also prepares students in computer application, word processing, file management system, speech recognition, etc.
The transcription part of the course is taught very meticulously. Standard typing, keyword implementation, etc. are also in the syllabus.
See Also: BCom Corporate Secretaryship Top Colleges
The syllabus is divided into major subjects, minor subjects, and elective subjects.
Students pursuing this degree can grab various opportunities in the fields of corporate firms, financial firms, banks, loan lending firms, export companies, risk mitigation companies, etc. Job profiles where B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship graduates are successfully working on are sales representatives, export managers, clerical executives, managerial executives, team leaders, etc.
The starting salary of a Corporate Secretary B.Com graduate ranges between 3-5LPA. Students have the option of doing an MBA Course which leads to better MBA Salary.
The fee of the course is generally in the range of INR 3000 to 1Lakh per year.
- The average salary, for a fresh graduate candidate, is approximately 5LPA.
- This course is suitable for candidates wishing to opt for a career in financial firms from the grass root level.
- In the future, students can opt for career enhancement courses like ICWA, MBA, etc.
|B.Com Accounting Course||B.Com Professional Course||B.Com Computer Applications|
|B.Com Accounting and Finance||B.Com Banking and Insurance||B.Com Taxation|
Table of Content
- BCom Corporate Secretaryship Course Highlights
- Why Study?
- BCom Corporate Secretaryship Admission Process
3.2 How To Get Admission in a Good College?
BCom Corporate Secretaryship Course Highlights
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Commerce in Corporate Secretaryship|
|Eligibility||Passed 10+2 examination, preferably in Commerce background|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Corporate firms, Financial firms, Money Lending Firms, Educational Institution, Logistics Departments Auditing Firms, Banks, Export-import Companies, Manufacturing Corporations, Hotels/Restaurants|
|Job Positions||Credit Analysts, Sales Team Manager, Risk Analysts, Executive Assistant, Corporate Manager, Export Manager, Sales Executive|
Why Study BCom Corporate Secretaryship?
- You will learn to be functioning as an expert in handling industries and business-related financial interpretations.
- You will get in-depth knowledge in the topics of business terminology, clerical skills, procedures, business concepts, transcription, and keyboarding, etc.
- Managing your transcription skills is essential in the process of selections for the posts of Executive secretary, manager, administrative assistant, etc.
- In this course, you will learn the basics of different segments of management such as personnel, finance, marketing, sales, and production, etc.
- After completion of this degree, you will be able to execute job responsibilities of training and handling eligible candidates in areas of administrative support, business development, and many more.
- The career options available for B.Com graduates in Corporate Secretaryship are credit analysts, sales team manager, risk analysts, executive assistant, corporate manager, export manager, sales executive, etc.
- The starting salary in this field starts from around 3LPA, depending upon the job title and the company.
BCom Corporate Secretaryship Admission Process
Admission to B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship is based on merit. Each year, the university declares a specific cut-off, and the merit list is prepared according to the marks, obtained by the students in their higher secondary 10+2 examinations.
- Due to the world-wide Pandemic outbreak of COVID-19, the whole admission procedure is being conducted online.
- Visit the official website of the college or university of your choice.
- Click on to the online application button.
- Register yourself by creating a user ID and password.
- Re login using ID password, and fill up the personal and educational details with accuracy.
- Upload all the scanned copies of necessary documents, ID cards, photos, and signature carefully.
- Review the application and submit.
- Keep a copy of the application for future references.
- Check the merit list publication date and regularly visit the website.
BCom Corporate Secretaryship Eligibility
Candidates wishing to pursue the course are needed to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria listed below in order to apply for the course: Aspirants wish to pursue B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship must fulfill the below criteria:
- Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent qualification, whichever name it is known by, completed from a recognized university.
- A minimum aggregate score of 45% at the 10+2 level.
- Aspirants from a commerce education background will be given preference.
How To Get Admission in a Good College?
- B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship is offered by colleges and universities across India.
- If you wish to pursue your career in this field, first, check the eligibility criteria.
- After that, shortlist your preferred choices of colleges. By doing this, you can omit the confusion of missing the admission dates afterward.
- Scoring high in 10+2 with a commerce background will give you extra leverage.
- Gather information about your shortlisted colleges beforehand.
- Due to the ongoing pandemic situation, admission to the courses is conducted online, providing a better chance of opting for admissions in various colleges at a time.
- Always submit the scanned copies of all the testimonials accordingly. Mere mistakes of not providing a single mark sheet can cancel your candidature.
- Students belonging to other states do not forget to cross-check the admission dates. In this way, your decision, if taken, of shifting your base elsewhere will be full-proof.
- Always secure your place by taking admission instead of waiting for another merit list to get published. This is why you must shortlist the names of the colleges carefully.
- In many colleges, there are conducted internal group discussions and personal interviews as part of the admission. Prepare yourself thoroughly so that you score a higher rank in those procedures.
BCom Corporate Secretaryship Syllabus
The syllabus of B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship is divided into 6 semesters. The main features and subjects are all the same as per UGC standards; however, the respective universities and colleges alter some of the subjects or papers according to their rules and regulations.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Financial Accounting Company Law and Secretaryship Practice-I Allied Paper: Managerial Economics Marketing / Corporate E-Management||Advanced Financial Accounting Human Resource Management Allied Paper: International Trade / Corporate Finance / Business Communication|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Corporate Accounting-I Company law and Secretaryship Practice-II Allied Paper: Statistics - I / Auditing / Fair Trade Principles||Corporate Accounting-II Business Management Allied Paper: Statistics - II / Banking / Theory Law & Practice / Elements of Insurance|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Management Accounting Securities and Market operations Income Tax Law and Practice-I Commercial Law Elective: Entrepreneurial Development||Cost Accounting Industrial Laws Income Tax Law & Practice-II Indirect Taxes Project (Institutions Training)|
BCom Corporate Secretaryship Top Colleges
The top BCom Corporate Secretaryship colleges in India are mentioned below:
|College Name||City||Average Annual Fees in INR|
|Kakatiya University||Warangal||INR 13,930|
|Dr. Gr Damodaran College of Women||Coimbatore||INR 80,000|
|Erode Arts and Science College-Autonomous||Erode||INR 15,000|
|Cheran College for Women||Tiruppur||INR 15,000|
|Alpha Arts and Science College||Chennai||INR 7,000|
|Dr. RK Shanmugam College of Arts and Science||Villupuram||INR 7,500|
|Sree Narayana College||Kozhikode||INR 22,500|
|Bharathidasan Government College for Women||Pondicherry||INR 8,000|
BCom Corporate Secretaryship College Comparison
The comparison between top BCom Corporate Secretaryship Colleges in India based on various parameters are mentioned in the table below:
|Parameter||Alpha Arts and Science College||Kakatiya University - [KU], Warangal||Cheran College for Women|
|Overview||Alpha Arts and Science College is a NAAC accredited grade-A college in Chennai. It was established in 1996 as a private college under the affiliation of the University of Madras, Chennai.||Established in 1976, Kakatiya University is a UGC approved public University located at Warangal, Telangana.||Established as a private college in 1992, Cheran College for Women is a college under Bangalore University.|
|Average fee||INR 7,000||INR 13, 930||INR 15,000|
BCom Corporate Secretaryship Course Comparison
B.Com in Cooperation is a three year long full-time degree course suitable for students who wish to pursue a career in Co-operation and Management of co-op institutions. The main topics included in this course are Cooperation Theory and Development, Cooperative law, Cooperative Credit and Banking, Cost accounting, Cooperative Management, Cooperative Accounting and Audit, and many more.
On the other hand, students who wish to pursue a course in Corporate secretaryship that involves working in the field of corporate law. The main topics included in this course are Commercial laws, Company Law and Secretaryship Practice, Financial Accounting, Business Management, Industrial Laws, Company accounting, Income Tax Law & Practice, Marketing / Corporate E-Management, Indirect Taxes Project (Institutions Training), etc. Below is mentioned a comparison between two courses.
B.Com (Corporate Secretaryship) vs B.Com Cooperation
|Parameters||B.Com (Corporate Secretaryship)||B.Com Cooperation|
|Course duration||3 years||3 years|
|Minimum Eligibility Criteria||455 in 10+2 with Commerce||50% 10+2|
|Course Fee||INR 3000-1Lakh||INR 3000-1Lakh|
|Average Starting Salary||5LPA||6LPA|
|Job roles||Credit Analysts, Sales Team Manager, Risk Analysts, Executive Assistant, Corporate Manager, Export Manager, Sales Executive||Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Finance Manager, Account Executive, Financial Analyst, etc.|
BCom Corporate Secretaryship Jobs
B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship offers an array of corporate job opportunities to its students. This degree is purely applicable for students wishing to start their career in corporate companies. Corporate Secretaryship offers clerical as well as managerial job opportunities.
|JOB POSITION||JOB DESCRIPTION||AVERAGE ANNUAL SALARY|
|Corporate Financial Analyst||Corporate Finance Advisors specialize in mergers and acquisitions. A merger is when two companies become one, through shareholding; while an acquisition refers to a complete corporate takeover.||INR 3,55,000|
|Corporate Credit Analyst||Commercial Credit Analysts evaluate the credit worthiness of businesses and determine their ability to repay loans and lines of credit, used in purchasing equipment and other goods.||INR 5,00,000|
|Corporate Sales Executive||Sales Managers train and direct teams of salespeople in a company setting. Executives may assign sales territories and set income goals and assign quotas for Sales Representatives. Employers prefer to hire Sales Managers with specialized skills in business administration and computer applications.||INR 5,51,000|
|Export Manager||Import-Export Specialists perform a variety of duties such as documenting shipments to ensure that they are in compliance with customs rules and regulations. They also counsel clients on matters such as tariffs, insurance, and quotas.||INR 4,98,000|
|Corporate Manager||Business Operations Managers plan and organize the many activities of businesses and non-profit organizations. Business Operations Managers may be responsible for overseeing a variety of departments from Human Resources to accounts payable.||INR 6,00,000|
BCom Corporate Secretaryship Scope
B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship is a 3-year long degree. Graduates with this degree start their career in clerical as well as managerial job opportunities, as per their abilities and job preferences. The future scope of B.Com Corporate Secretaryship includes higher studies in the following streams.
- ICWA: You can pursue ICWA, or as presently known as the Cost Accounting Management course to enhance practical knowledge. In this study, you will learn to handle big financial data. It enables you with practical knowledge regarding how to manage a business within available resources.
- MBA in finance: You can also opt for doing MBA in finance. You can choose to pursue this course either through distance mode, executive mode, or regular mode depending upon your choice of study. If you wish to retain your job, executive or distance will be suitable for you whereas if you wish to refine your career by taking a chance, you must go for a full-time MBA, preferably in finance. This option is risky, but the salary and career options available after the course will be broader and higher.
BCom Corporate Secretaryship FAQs
Ques: Which course will be beneficial after completing B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship?
Ans: A B.Com degree in Corporate Secretaryship opens the door for a vast range of higher studies. Depending upon the need and focus of the students, opting for ACS, ICWA, and MBA in finance are three wise choices.
Ques: I am a higher secondary student of the Arts stream. Am I eligible for B.Com in CS?
Ans: The basic eligibility to apply in the B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship is scoring a minimum of 45% in aggregate 10+2 examination. Depending upon the critical eligibility criteria of the respective college, preferences will be given to the students from commerce background. You should check all the eligibility criteria thoroughly before applying.
Ques: What are the career prospects after Corporate Secretaryship?
Ans: A graduate of commerce in Corporate Secretaryship is ready for job opportunities in corporate companies. B.Com is an entry-level qualification and thereafter, he or she can start their career as a sales representative, risk analyst, credit analyst, corporate manager, and many more positions like these.
Ques: What documents do I need to submit while applying for B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship?
Ans: Candidates while applying for the Bachelor degree of Commerce in Corporate Secretaryship, must submit the below-mentioned documents. Many institutes like Cheran College for Women prefer to retain the originals till the end of the course.
Ques: Is there any chance of on-campus placements in this course?
Ans: Yes, each institute offering B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship has a dedicated placement cell for assisting in the placements of their students. On-campus as well as Off-campus placement drives along with placement assistance is provided to the students. For placement details of a specific college, the aspirant should contact the respective college.
Ques: If I cannot afford the tuition fee, does this course come with any scholarship option?
Ans: The course fee for B.Com in Corporate Scholarship starts from 5000 per year. In case aspirants wish to avail scholarship or tuition waiver, institutes offering the course can be of their great help. Every institute, college, or University has its scholarships for deserving candidates. Aspirants are advised to contact the admission office of the institute of his or her choice before applying.
Ques: I wish to pursue either regular B.Com or B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship course. How do I decide?
Ans: These are different courses with different focus areas. You must decide you are of interest and opt for the desired degree. Corporate Secretaryship is a specialized bachelor's degree in commerce that concentrates on corporate finance laws and theories. On the other hand, a general B.Com degree confers wholesome knowledge of commerce. Students who wish to pursue a regular B.Com degree can opt for specific specialization courses in future study options.
Ques: What is the job duty of a B.Com corporate secretary?
Ans: A B.Com corporate secretary is a responsible person for keeping track of every finance-related decisions of the company. He or she plays a crucial role in the time of any board meeting by keeping records of all the financial records. A corporate secretary commerce graduate is the in-charge of varying responsibilities such as maintaining financial records, credit records, debt records, financial data, excise data, import-export data from customs, sales figures, sales targets, cash flow, and fluid asset analyzation, risk mitigation, coordinating and managing the sales team, etc. and many more.
Ques: Is B.Com in CS easier than CA?
Ans: Chartered accountancy is a fine stream of specialized studies that require prior academic in-depth knowledge and experience regarding the subject matter. On the other hand, B.Com in CS is the graduation degree, serving as a basic course in the field of study. So yes, Students wish to opt for a basic course to begin their career with should choose B.Com in corporate secretaryship rather than opting for an advanced course like CA.
Ques: Do I need to master a computer application for B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship?
Ans: B.Com in corporate secretaryship syllabus comes with detailed modules focusing on in-depth knowledge in different computer applications for its students. This course teaches in-depth knowledge in MS Office, file management systems, speech recognizing transcription software to its students. Afterward, students can always opt for any other advanced career developing computer application course according to their wish.