BTech Agricultural Engineering is an 4 year undergraduate program dealing with the machineries, engineering and science in the agricultural sector. BTech Agrucultural engineering Syllabus contains subjects like farm machinery, soil, agricultural production etc.
B.Tech Course Details:
Admission to BTech Agricultural Engineering course is done on the basis of common engineering entrance exams. JEE Main and JEE Advanced are nationally accepted exams, the registrations for these entrance examinations commence during the month of May-July 2023 in different phases. Candidates who have completed their 12th grade in the science stream with 50% marks are eligible to apply for BTech Agricultural Engineering colleges.
Top BTech Agricultural Engineering Colleges are IISc Bangalore, Marathwada Institute of Technology, Delhi, KIT's College of Engineering, Kolhapur, and others. Depending on the type of Institute, the average course fee is between 50K and 2 lakh.
The core topics in the BTech Agricultural Engineering Syllabus are food processing, food production technologies, agricultural processes, machinery, and so on.
After the BTech Agricultural Engineering course, candidates are eligible to work in Agri-business firms, food processing, agricultural research and development firms, etc. An entry-level graduate of this course can expect an annual salary of between INR 1.5 – 2.5 lakhs. MTech and MBA are the most popular higher studies destination for BTech graduates.
3.2 Admission 2023
3.3 Entrance Exam
3.3.1 Entrance Exam Dates
3.3 BTech Agricultural Engineering Subjects
6.1 Andhra Pradesh
6.2 Tamil Nadu
8.1 Job Profiles
BTech Agricultural Engineering: Quick Facts
|Duration||4 years (2 semesters per academic year)|
|Examination Type||Semester Wise Exam|
|Eligibility||Must be passed in 12th PCM/PCB from a recognized Board|
|Admission Process||Merit and Entrance Exam Basis|
|Entrance Examinations||JEE, MH-CET|
|Top Colleges||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, The Neotia College, Kolkata, Chandigarh University, LPU, Jalandhar, Assam University, Silchar|
|Average Fees||Between 50K and 2 lakh|
|Job Designation||Research scientist, Lecturer, Microbiologist, etc.|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 1.5 – 2.5 Lacs per annum|
Why Study BTech Agricultural Engineering?
- Aspirants studying a BTech in Agricultural Engineering will discover rewarding job opportunities in a variety of private and government-based businesses.
- BTech in Agriculture Engineering leads to greater career advancement and higher-paying employment in government and private-sector organizations.
- Agriculture is one of the fastest-growing sectors with the biggest potential in the future. As a result, it offers students a diverse range of career options in both the public and commercial sectors.
- The BTech Agricultural Engineering program is extremely job-oriented. Agricultural engineering specialists are in high demand, particularly in agrarian countries like India.
- Agriculture's Role in Economic Development: Agriculture is now more important than ever in feeding both the affluent and the poor, and it is the one economic sector that no country can thrive or even live without.
- High Demand for Recent Grads: There is still a lot of space for development in the agriculture industry. Young geniuses and computer nerds are in high demand for researching agriculture and assisting in the transformation of livelihood and technology in this relatively undeveloped industry.
BTech Agricultural Engineering: Admission Process
The admission process for the BTech Agricultural Engineering course is divided into two steps. Students are admitted based on their performance in national and state-level admission exams. The cut-off for them would vary depending on the college chosen, the category they belong to, and so on. Aspirants must meet the minimum qualifying requirements, which include a bachelor's degree and admission exam results.
BTech Agricultural Engineering: Eligibility
Though the eligibility criteria for admission to BTech Agricultural Engineering varies per college, there are some basic eligibility criteria that candidates must meet in order to be admitted.
The following are the qualifying requirements for admission to BTech Agricultural Engineering:
- Candidates must have completed the 12th grade or an equivalent degree from a recognized institute/board.
- In class 12th, the candidate must have chosen Mathematics and Physics as main courses, along with one of the optional subjects of Chemistry, Biology, or Biotechnology.
- In the qualifying examination, the candidate must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 60% (55 percent for reserved candidates).
- Candidates who are taking the final exam or waiting for the results can also apply for admission to the BTech Agricultural Engineering course.
BTech Agricultural Engineering Admission 2023
- While some schools provide admission to the BTech Agricultural Engineering degree based on the merit earned by the student in JEE Main, some universities also have their own entrance exam to assess students' eligibility for admission.
- Shortlisted students are called for the university level examination based on their performance in the qualifying exam or an entrance exam, in which their competency in 12th level Science, Mathematics Concept, Aptitude, and Reasoning is examined.
- The qualified applicants are contacted for the personal interview phase by the institutions based on their performance in the admission test.
- The qualified applicants are admitted to the program based on their overall performance in the entrance exam and the interview stage.
BTech Agricultural Engineering: Entrance Exams
Below are the top entrance exams which students appear for to become eligible for the BTech Agricultural Engineering course.
BTech Agricultural Engineering Entrance Exam Dates
|Exam name||Registration Date||Date of exam|
|JEE MAIN||December 15, 2022 – January 12, 2023 (Phase 1)
February 7, 2023 – March 7, 2023 (9 PM) (Phase 2)
Phase 1: January 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 2023
|JEE ADVANCED||April 30, 2023 – May 04, 2023||June 04, 2023
Paper 1: 09:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
Paper 2: 02:30 PM – 05:30 PM
|WBJEE||December 23, 2022 (OUT) – January 8, 2023 (Tentative)||April 30, 2023|
|MHT CET||February 10, 2023 – May 15, 2023 (Tentative)||June 15, 2023 to June 20, 2023 (Tentative)|
|BITSAT||2nd week of February 2023 – 2nd week of May 2023||3rd week of June 2023|
BTech Agricultural Engineering Syllabus
The syllabus for BTech Agricultural Engineering program has been given in the table below:
|Engineering Chemistry 1||Engineering Mechanics|
|Engineering Drawing||Mathematics 2|
|Engineering Mechanics||Physical Chemistry|
|Mathematics 1||Science of Soils|
|Basic of Agricultural Engineering||Engineering Physics 2|
|Engineering Physics 1||Horticulture and Field Crops|
|Agricultural Process in Industries||Farm Machinery|
|Surveying and Labelling Methods||Soil Mechanics|
|Statistical Methods||Unit Operations in Food Technology|
|Air Conditioning and Refrigerating||Operation Research|
|Environmental Studies||Tractors and Power Units|
|Tools and Control of Machines||Bio-Agricultural|
|Open Elective||Crop Processing Engineering|
|Renewable Energy||Agricultural processing Technology|
BTech Agricultural Engineering Subjects
|Engineering Physics||Agricultural Process in Industries|
|Crop Processing Engineering||Biotechnology|
BTech Agricultural Engineering: Distance Education
A Distance bachelor's degree in technology specializing in agriculture informatics is known as a BTech in Agriculture Informatics. Essentially, it is an engineering course that teaches agriculture informatics. BTech in agriculture informatics can be obtained through both conventional courses and remote learning.
- The distance B Tech in agriculture informatics program lasts four years, split into eight semesters.
- The University Grant Commission has authorized the BTech in Agriculture Informatics via remote learning.
- Admission to the distance B Tech Agricultural Informatics program requires a 10+2 certificate from a recognized education board.
Top BTech Agricultural Engineering Colleges
Here are the top colleges in India offering the BA Public Relations course.
BTech Agricultural Engineering Colleges in Andhra Pradesh
|Aditya Engineering College, Surampalem||4,20,000|
|Vignan's Foundation for Science Technology and Research, Guntur||620,000|
|Siddhartha Institute of Engineering and Technology, Puttur||290,800|
|Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University, Rajendranagar||97,200|
BTech Agricultural Engineering Colleges in Tamil Nadu
|Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Erode||300,000|
|Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences||546,400|
|Hindusthan College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore||4,00,000|
|Sethu Institute of Technology, Kariapatti||200,000|
BTech Agricultural Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra
|Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri||290,800|
|KIT's College of Engineering, Kolhapur||441,320|
|Dr Annasaheb Shinde College of Agricultural Engineering, Ahmednagar||4,00,000|
|Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Aurangabad||2,00,800|
|College of Agricultural Engineering and Technology, Akola||4,00,000|
BTech Agricultural Engineering Colleges in Bangalore
|College of Agriculture, Bangalore||1,00,000|
BTech Agricultural Engineering Colleges in Delhi
|Shobhit Institute of Engineering||4,05,000|
|Sir Chotu Ram Institute of Engineering and Technology||3,20,000|
|Assayer Institute of Innovative Edu||1,40,000|
|Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology||2,12,000|
|Marathwada Institute of Technology||2,20,000|
Btech Agricultural Engineering in IIT
|Agricultural and Food Engineering||IIT Kharagpur|
|Organic Farming For Sustainable Agricultural Production||IIT Kharagpur|
Scope of BTech Agricultural Engineering
After earning a bachelor's degree in agriculture, applicants can either find work or continue their studies. There are several specialties available in this subject for advanced studies. Aspirants can pursue master's degrees in a variety of fields, including:
- Agricultural Engineering Master's Degree
- Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering Master's Degree
- Integrated Water Resources Management ME
- MSc Agriculture
Individuals who have completed a BTech in Agricultural Engineering can work in both the public and private sectors, depending on their interests. Graduates can apply for a variety of government jobs. BE./BTech Graduates may work in the Agriculture Departments of various state governments. They should have little trouble obtaining Officer positions in this department.
|Project Manager||Head Green Keepers|
|Agricultural Managers||Research Analysts,|
|research departments||agriculture machinery manufacturing firms|
|food products processing||fertilizer firms|
|Profile||Salary Per Annum|
|Agricultural Engineer||INR 3.5 lakhs - INR 10 lakhs|
|Plant Physiologist||INR 4.5 lakhs - INR 15 lakhs|
|Microbiologist||INR 3.5 lakhs - INR 8 lakhs|
|Agricultural Inspector||INR 5 lakhs - INR 9.5 lakhs|
|Agricultural Researcher||INR 6 lakhs - INR 12 lakhs|
|Agricultural Officers||INR 6 lakhs - INR 14 lakhs|
|Soil Scientist||INR 5.5 lakhs - INR 6.9 lakhs|
|Agronomist||INR 4.5 lakhs - INR 10 lakhs|
|Crop Engineer||INR 4.5 lakhs - INR 9.5 lakhs|
BTech Agricultural Engineering: FAQs
Ques. What exactly is a Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural Engineering?
Ans. B. Tech in Agricultural Engineering is a well-known engineering degree that includes agriculture engineering structures and rural engineering, post-harvest engineering, soil - water conservation engineering, and much more.
Ques. How can I apply for a bachelor's degree in agricultural engineering?
Ans. Students must finish 10+2 with physics, chemistry, mathematics/biology as necessary courses in order to be admitted to BTech in agricultural engineering. In addition, for admission to top engineering institutions in India, candidates must sit the JEE Main and JEE Advanced exams.
Ques.Is there a demand for agricultural engineering?
Ans. Agriculture engineers' employment is expected to expand at a 2% annual rate from 2019 to 2029, which is slower than the national average for all occupations. The desire to improve the efficiency of agricultural production systems and prevent environmental harm should keep these professions in demand.
Ques. What can I do once I finish my BTech in agricultural engineering?
Ans. Some of the top jobs after obtaining a BTech in agricultural engineering include Agricultural Engineer, Plant Physiologist, Microbiologist, Agricultural Inspector, Agricultural Researcher, and Agronomist.
Ques. How long does the B.Tech Agricultural Engineering program last?
Ans. B.Tech Agricultural Engineering is a four-year degree program.
Ques. What is the average cost of the B.Tech Agricultural Engineering course?
Ans. The average annual fee for B.Tech Agricultural Engineering is INR 50K-2 Lakh.