B.Tech EEE is a 4-year undergraduate degree programme in electrical and electronics Engineering. This course covers various topics about application of electronics, electromagnetism and function of various electrical components to develop new and advanced electrical equipment etc.
B.Tech EEE deals with the design and maintenance of electrical machines, automation design, appliances circuit design, vehicle manufacturing, Electronic device manufacturing, Electrical Vehicle manufacturing, Humanoid Bot construction, Circuit, electrical system analysis, powerhouses maintenance, Hydro-electric plant maintenance, Communication, and control system design, etc.
Some important subjects that are taught during B.Tech EEE are Semiconductor Physics, Digital system design, Circuit Analysis, Power system, Digital electronics, Embedded Systems etc.
Students who have passed 10+2 in PCM Stream with an aggregate marks of 50% are eligible to apply for admission in B.Tech EEE Course.
The admission in various colleges are mostly done through an Engineering Entrance Examinations like JEE Main and Advanced at National level including the different examinations conducted by University/ States.
The average course fees for the BTech EEE programme ranges from INR 1.5 to INR 2.5 Lacs in government and public institutes.The fee charged in private colleges is more than that of government colleges.
B. Tech EEE graduates can choose plenty of jobs in the IT Sectors, Electronics Industry, Federal or State government forces, Consulting firms, etc, as Electrical Engineer, Software Engineer, IT Consultant, Software Developer, Project Manager etc.. The candidates may work at companies like Google, Microsoft, Power Grid, Samsung, etc.
B.Tech Course Details:
See More: All About BTech
There are many options after BTech like MTech or MBA Course. Students who prefer to further their studies related to engineering may continue with MTech. MBA is a prudent option for BTech students who want to enter the job market with high salaries.
The average salary earned by BTech EEE students ranges from INR 1 to 6 LPA it increases with experience in this field. After completing its B.tech EEE degree one can go for postgraduate courses like M.tech or MBA Programmes.
Table of Content
2.1 Why Study?
3.2 Entrance Exams
3.3 How to Prepare for B.Tech EEE Entrance Examinations?
3.4 How to Get Admission in a Good BTech EEE College?
7.1 Future Scopes
B.Tech EEE Course Highlights
|Full Form||B.tech electrical and electronics engineering|
|Eligibility||10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board in PCM Stream.|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam or direct admission|
|Average Course Fee||Approx. 3 to 4 Lacs|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 2 to 5.12 Lacs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Havells,infoSys Limited, Techmahindra Ltd, HCL Technologies Ltd, Amazon.com Inc, Sapient Corporation, ABB India, GE Healthcare, SAP Labs India, Mu Sigma, Bank of America Corp. (BOFA) etc. Legrand, Microsoft, Voltech Engineering and Electronics, Crompton Greaves,|
|Job positions||Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Senior Electrical Engineer, Software Developer, Electrical Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Test Engineer etc.|
B.Tech EEE: What is it About?
Electrical and electronic engineering course deals with the technological aspects of electricity, especially the design and application of circuitry and electronic equipment.
Electrical & electronics engineering not only involves electrical appliances, but also involves computers, electronics, communication and mechanical fields.
Why Study BTech EEE?
Some of the reasons to pursue B.tech EEE course are-
High Demand: Electrical Engineering and Electronics Engineering are one of the most demanding and high paying career streams among the candidates who are interested to follow their passion for applied physics in electrical circuit design and electronics and communication streams.
The demand for Electrical and Electronics engineering has drastically increased due to the increase in the manufacturing of electric vehicles and other electrical appliances, and other areas such as automation and instrumentation design,electrical circuit design etc.
- Awesome pay packages:Average packages for B.tech graduates are on the higher side for both private and public organizations.
- Great Scope: B.Tech EEE course trains the students with the necessary skills required in managing Electrical Appliance manufacturing sites and Electronic Gadgets manufacturing sites and actively involved in the research and development process. Its Syllabus is designed in such an effective way which helps the students to become technically strong, empowered to meet the challenges, and have a wide-ranging career.
B.Tech EEE Admission Process
Admission to B.Tech Electrical and Electronics program is done through both BTech Entrance examination and merit-based.Most of the Universities/ Colleges require Candidates to have given any of the applicable Entrance Exams like JEE Main and JEE Advanced for B.Tech Electrical and Electronics.
Candidates who are applying for the B.Tech Electrical and Electronics program in any Private/ Government Colleges should have their results from the respective Entrance Exams or the result of JEE Main or Advanced required by the selected/opted Universities.
For participating in these entrance exams-
- Candidates should have to register for the course via online/offline mode. After registration, Fill up the details required in form, Submit all required documents, Pay fees and collect a confirmation letter.
- After successfully submitting the form candidates can download their admit card before 15 days of the date of exam.
- Prepare for exams well and after finishing the exam one can get a result within a month.
- This result will be required at the time of counselling or college allocation period. One who has qualified this entrance with a good percentile can opt for the best colleges on the basis of JEE Main score.
- One who has a qualified score in JEE Main can go for JEE Advanced exam for taking admission in top most institutes like IITs, IISER etc.
- Result of this exam required at the time of counselling for taking admission in IIT and other top most engineering colleges.
- Certain Electrical and Electronics Engineering colleges provide admissions via direct method or management quota, in which the students will be asked to pay a capitation fee and take an undertaking to improve his/her academic performances in the following academic years.
- It is very important for Candidates to score sufficient marks to be eligible for getting admission in one of the best Universities for B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
B.Tech EEE Eligibility
The eligibility criteria will differ from institute to institute for getting admission in B.tech EEE course.
- The candidates should complete their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board having PCM as their main subjects with an aggregate mark of 55%.
- Candidates will have to clear the cut-off of the entrance test if they wish to be eligible for taking admission in top most institutes.
B.Tech EEE Entrance Exams
There are many national and state-level entrance exams to appear for the admission into the B.tech EEE program.
|Entrance Exams||Exam Dates|
|JEE Mains||Check Here|
|JEE Advanced||Check Here|
How to Prepare for B.Tech EEE Entrance Examinations?
Candidates can watch the content of youtube channels for short tricks and easy explanations in corona time.
- NTA provides an official JEE Main Mock test, this can be highly beneficial for the candidates in terms of understating the exam pattern for the students preparing for these entrances.
- Go through NCERT books completely at least twice before referring to any other books. NCERT books are considered to be the best source.
- Understand the exam pattern and syllabus for which you are applying.Each competitive exam is different from the others, so it is important to read the guidelines and process carefully before applying for the exam.
- Plan and prepare a time table before starting the preparation so that you can study and practice for the exam accordingly.
- Planning a regular routine for a positive mindset. You should have a healthy diet, regular exercise, and drinking lots of water. Regular exercise and meditation can help in improving concentration levels during the learning process.
How to Get Admission in a Good BTech EEE College?
- High scorers in entrance examinations got allotted to top most engineering colleges in India.
- Practice mock tests as much as possible, Go through the whole syllabus as much time as you can.
- Be aware of the syllabus of exams, highly yield topics and paper patterns .
- Score well in the 10+2 board because some institutes offer admission on the basis of 10+2 marks as well.
Top Btech EEE Colleges
Some of the top colleges providing admissions are given below in the table.
|College name||Average annual Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|Indian Institute of technology, Madras||INR 75,116||INR 12.54 LPA|
|Indian Institute of technology Kanpur||INR 2,15,600||INR 10 LPA|
|Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||INR 2,21,700||INR 14.72 LPA|
|CEG Anna University||INR 50,000||INR 5 LPA|
|National Institute of technology, Rourkela||INR 1,78,000||INR 6 LPA|
|Jadavpur University||INR 2,400||INR 3 LPA|
|Jamia Millia Islamia New Delhi||INR 10,850||INR 4.50 LPA|
|BITS Pilani||INR 4,23,475||INR 6 LPA|
|RIT Bangalore||INR 67,000||INR 3.75 LPA|
BTech EEE College Comparison
We have drawn a comparison between three of the prime engineering institutes of the country:
|College/ University Name||Jadavpur University||Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur||National Institute of Technology, Rourkela|
|Overview||Jadavpur University courses are UGC-approved and are offered across four fields, including Arts, Science, Engineering & Technology and Interdisciplinary Studies.||IIT Kanpur Admissions to B.Tech, B.S, M.Sc, M.Tech./ MS and M.Des are offered through JEE Advanced, JAM. GATE and CEED scores respectively.||NIT Rourkela top most institutes of engineering provide admission on the basis of JEE Main Score.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 2,400||INR 2,15,600||INR 1,78,000|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% in 10+2||Minimum 50% in 10+2||Minimum 50% in 10+2|
|Admission Process||Entrance test||Entrance test||Entrance test|
|Average CTC||INR 3 LPA||INR 10 LPA||INR 6 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Company||Alstom Transport India Ltd., Applied Materials, A.M. Marketplaces Pvt. etc.||Microsoft, Uber, Flipkart, Zomato, Amazon etc.||Mu Sigma, Wipro, Deloitte, Samsung, Accenture|
B.Tech EEE Syllabus
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Syllabus consists of the following subjects which are pursed during this course:
|SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|Engineering Mathematics– I||Engineering Materials|
|Engineering Physics||Environmental Science|
|Engineering Chemistry||Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|Engineering Mechanics||Engineering Physics-2|
|Computer Programming||Basic Electrical Engineering Lab|
|Chemistry Laboratory||Physics Laboratory|
|Physics laboratory||Computer ProgrammingLab|
|SEMESTER III||SEMESTER IV|
|Electric Circuit Analysis||Transducer & Sensors|
|Data Structure & Algorithms||Linear Control System|
|Circuit Theory & Networks||Pulse and Digital Circuits|
|Electrical Machines-1||Analog Electronic Circuits|
|Electric Circuits Lab||Digital Circuits Laboratory|
|Electrical Machines Laboratory||Digital Electronics Lab|
|SEMESTER V||SEMESTER VI|
|Power Electronics||Power System Analysis|
|Power System Protection||Department Elective III, IV|
|Microprocessors and applications||Electives Laboratory|
|Control System||Utilization of Electrical Energy|
|Discrete Transforms And Signal Processing||Digital Signal Processing|
|Transmission and Distribution||Energy Engineering|
|Electronics Instrumentation Laboratory||Power Electronics Lab|
|Power Electronics Equipments Lab||Microprocessor Lab|
|SEMESTER V||SEMESTER VI|
|Industrial Management||Flexible A.C. Transmission Systems|
|Solid State Drives||Advanced Control Systems|
|Power System Operation And Control||Final Project|
|Power System Laboratory||Comprehensive Viva Voce|
Which Books Can I Refer to While Pursuing BTech EEE?
Some of the Btech EEE Subject books Students can prefer for better Understanding given below in the table.
|Name of the book||Author|
|Basic Electrical and electronics engineering||B.R. Patil, M.S. Sukhija|
|Electric Machinery and transformers||Bhag S. Guru|
|Electrical Properties of Materials||Laszlo Solymar|
|Materials science for Electrical and Electronic Engineers||Ian Jones|
B.Tech EEE vs B.E. EEE
Comparison between Btech EEE and B.E. EEE are as follows:
|Parameters||Btech EEE||B.E. EEE|
|Duration||4 years||1-2 years|
|Course level||Undergraduate||Post graduate|
|Focus Area||It mainly focuses on basic engineering concepts and its application in various electrical machinery and various related fields such as Designing of an electrical circuit, automation, Vehicle manufacturing, Electronics Design, Smart City Planning, Smart Grid, etc.||B.E. EEE courses focus on the fields like Engineering Services, Electric power generation, transmission and distribution, Semiconductor and other electronic component manufacturing, Navigational, measuring, electro medical and control instruments manufacturing, Research and development in the physical, engineering etc.|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam or direct admission||Entrance exam based (May also look at graduation percentage) / Merit Based|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board||10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board.|
|Average Course Fees||INR 3 lacs to INR 4 lacs||INR 5 lacs to INR 12 lacs|
|Job Options||Software Developer, Electrical Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer etc.||Manager, HR Manager, research engineer, purchase manager, graduate engineer trainee etc.|
|Areas of Employment||Voltech Engineering, Anchor Electrical and Electronics, Crompton Greaves ,GE Healthcare, SAP Labs India, Mu Sigma, Bank of America Corp. (BOFA) etc.||Electro medical and control instruments manufacturing, Research and development in the physical, engineering, and life sciences, Telecommunications, Federal government etc.|
|Average Placement Package||INR2 lakh to INR 5.12 lakh||INR15,000 to INR 3 lakh|
What are Job Prospects and Career Options after Btech EEE?
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering graduates are among the moderate earners as compared to other engineering graduates depending on how soon they progress well in the field that is very highly competitive and highly crowded.
- The Job roles offered will be of the highest level of employment owing to their knowledge and research-based experience that makes them qualified to handle job roles of higher pay salaries and of multiple domains.
Some of the top job profiles a graduate can get after completing its Btech EEE degree-
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Electronics Engineer||An experienced electrical engineer may seek a high paying job in project management, sales and service of electronic equipment, research and development and manufacturers to develop electronic products or systems etc.||INR 4.0 LPA|
|Electrical Design Engineer||Electrical Design Engineer design and lay out new electrical systems, create system models, test new systems etc.||INR 3.88 LPA|
|Operation Engineer||They support plant operations by identifying and solving operational problems.||INR 4.14 LPA|
|Software Engineer||They develop the ways that software functions created by a software design team will work in an organisation/Company.||INR 5.39 LPA|
|Project Manager||Project managers lead and evaluate projects until they are finished and determine what necessary changes can be done for making them more valuable.||INR 15.1 LPA|
What are the Future Scopes of B.Tech EEE?
A B.Tech EEE graduate can go for a job after completing its degree or pursue higher education such as Mtech or MBA. They also go for preparing various job-oriented competitive examinations. Let’s have a short look in all of these fields-
Mtech: M.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering is a full-time program of two years. The applicants have to qualify the prestigious national level GATE Exam, which will allow them to get admission in the colleges which offer the course.There is a scope of variety in this field as the technology is always changing.
MBA: Once You do MBA Course then You will be having a chance to get good opportunities in the top companies and top business schools.
B.Tech EEE Candidates can go for any one of the below specializations such as-
- Banking Management
- Retail management
- Hospital management
- Marketing management
Competitive Examinations: GATE is a national-level engineering exam conducted every year for admission to postgraduate and doctorate level courses at IITs, NITs and IIITs. A Btech EEE graduate can prepare for GATE exams for getting admission in top institutions for doctoral degrees or they can prepare for various job-oriented competitive exams .
BTech EEE: FAQs
Ques:What are the eligibility criteria required for pursuing a Btech EEE degree?
Ques:What are the various skills required for Btech EEEcourses?
Ques:What are the average Fees required for pursuing a Btech EEE course?
Ques:What are the various job profiles after completing Btech EEE course?
Ques:What is the duration of Btech EEE course?
Ques:What are the top recruiting areas after completing Btech EEE course?
Ques:What are the major differences between Electrical Engineering and EEE?
Ques:What are the entrance exams for taking Admission in Btech EEE course?
Ques:What are the average salaries provided to high job profiles of mechanical engineering?
Ques:Can I get admission in IITs for pursuing Btech EEE course?