MBA Marketing Management is one of the oldest MBA courses and one of the most popular disciplines among students. This 2 year long course is divided into four semesters. The major subjects of MBA Marketing Management includes consumer behaviour, advertising management, business marketing, digital marketing, service marketing, etc.
Go through the full list of MBA Marketing Management Colleges in India.
Candidates must have completed graduation in any stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to be eligible for MBA Marketing Management. Some prestigious institutions demand an undergraduate course for a minimum of 4 years duration or a certain minimum work experience of the candidates.
Key Points of MBA Marketing Management
- Duration: 2 years (Full Time).
- Minimum Eligibility: Minimum 50% in graduation.
- Admission Process: Through Entrance Exams.
- Top Entrance Exams: CAT, MAT, GMAT, CMAT.
- Top Universities and Colleges: IIT Kharagpur, IIM Indore, IIT Roorkee, NIT Trichy.
- Average Annual Fees: INR 3,00,000 - 10,00,000.
- Distance Education/Online Course: Available.
- Distance Education College: Institute of Management Technology, Indian School of Business Management.
- Common Jobs: Marketing Executive, Sales Manager, Marketing Manager, Research Analyst, Public Relations Director, etc.
- Average Annual Salary: INR 5,00,000 - 20,00,000.
- Further Study Options: PhD in Management
The admission to MBA Marketing Management course is granted on the basis of entrance exam scores. Most colleges also call the shortlisted candidates for a Written Test and Personal Interview after entrance exams.
The average annual fees for MBA in Marketing Management ranges INR 3,00,000 - 10,00,000 per annum depending on the university or the college you select. The top colleges and universities offering MBA Marketing Management are listed below.
|NIRF Ranking 2020||College Name||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees||Average Placement Salary|
|5||Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kharagpur.||CMAT followed by WAT and PI scores.||INR 5,00,000||INR 17,50,000|
|7||Indian Institute of Management, Indore.||Through CAT||INR 7,50,000||INR 30,00,000|
|12||Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee.||CAT/CMAT followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.||INR 4,10,000||INR 12,00,000|
|15||Indian Institute of Management, Tiruchirappalli.||CAT followed by Written Analysis Test with a personal Interview.||INR 5,50,000||INR 23,15,000|
|17||Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur.||CAT followed by Personal Interview.||INR 4,20,000||INR 33,00,000|
MBA Marketing Management mainly focuses on applying principles of management and business principles to promote and sell products or services which in brief speaks about advertising, market research and planning. The instructors prefer innovative modes of education like group discussions, projects, presentations, case studies, video conferences, etc.
ALERT: Due to COVID-19, GMAT exams have been suspended in various locations. Check the latest updates on GMAT here.
The various job roles for MBA Marketing Management candidates includes Marketing Executive, Sales Manager, Marketing Manager, Research Analyst, Public Relations Director, etc. The multinational companies which hire MBA in Marketing graduates include International Business Machines, Cognizant Technology Services, Accenture, etc.
The average annual salary for MBA Marketing Management candidates is in between INR 5,00,000 to INR 20,00,000, depending on the skills of the candidates.
Some universities like Christ University- Bangalore, Doon Business School- Dehradun, IIT- Kanpur offer dual degrees like MBA with MS Business, BBA and MBA integrated, B.Tech and MBA courses.
After completing MBA Marketing Management, a candidate can also go for higher studies like PhD in Marketing.
What is the Admission Process for MBA Marketing Management?
What is the Admission Process for MBA Marketing Management?
The admission process always depends on the university or college one chooses to pursue, but in general the admission process is broken down in three to four parts. The admission procedure for MBA Marketing Management is as follows:
- Step 1: After confirming the eligibility, submit the application and pay the fees either online or offline within the last date for submission.
- Step 2: Marks scored in the relevant management entrance test like Common Aptitude Test (CAT), Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) will be taken into account for the selection process.
- Step 3: After the entrance exam results, cutoffs will be declared by the colleges on their official websites. The cut-off required for selection varies according to the universities and the category you belong to.
- Step 4: Students who have successfully achieved the required entrance exam cut-off will be called for a Personal Interview. Some institutes may conduct a group discussion or even a Written Analysis Test before conducting a personal interview.
- Step 5: Overall ratings would be given and the candidate will be either selected or rejected with the cumulative scores.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for MBA Marketing Management?
Though the eligibility criteria varies from college to college, the minimum eligibility criteria set by most of the colleges for MBA Marketing Management is discussed below.
- Candidates aspiring to seek an admission in MBA Marketing Management must have completed graduation in any stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- Some prestigious institutions demand an undergraduate course for a minimum of 4 years duration or even a masters degree in science or commerce stream.
- They must also appear in relevant management entrance examinations like CAT(Common Aptitude Test), GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test), GRE(Graduate Record Examinations), CMAT (Combined Management Admission Test) or similar examinations.
- Executive MBA (EMBA) which is basically for professionals would require a work experience which may range between 3 to 5 years depending upon the universities or institution you prefer to join.
Check the eligibility criteria for CAT exam.
Which are the Top Entrance Exams for MBA Marketing Management?
Most prestigious institutions admit students on the basis of entrance exams. Here are some most common and most popular entrance exams in order to get admission in MBA Marketing Management for Indian Universities and Institutions:
- CAT - Common Aptitude Test is conducted by the IIM Council for admission to PGPM courses in all the IIM's of India. The CBT exam which takes place in more than 350 centres across the nation.
- GMAT - Graduate Management Admission Test is an online test conducted by GMAC for admission to MBA courses all around the world. It's score is valid in many nations 9f the world including India.
- CMAT - Combined Management Admission Test is conducted by NTA. It is mainly followed by the AICTE approved colleges including IIT, NIT, etc. for admission to management courses.
- MAT - Management Aptitude Test is conducted by AIMA for admission to various management colleges in India.
- XAT - Xavier Aptitude Test is conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur for admission to its own MBA courses along with admission to all the other management colleges in its bracket.
|Exam Name||Conducting Body||Application Period||Exam Dates||Exam mode|
|CAT||IIM Council||August 5 - September 16, 2020.||November 29, 2020.||CBT|
|CMAT||NTA||December 2020 (tentative).||January 4th week, 2020 (tentative).||CBT|
|MAT||AIMA||Until August 23, 2020.||August 27 to September 2, 2020.||Online in 7 phases.|
|XAT||XLRI||August 23 - November 30, 2020.||First week of January 2021.||Online|
|ATMA||AIMS||July 16 to August 04, 2020||August 07, 2020.||Online|
In case you want to know more, you can visit MBA entrance exams page for every piece of information such as important dates, exam centres, exam duration, etc of all the important MBA Entrance Exams.
How to Prepare for MBA Marketing Management Entrance Exams?
Most of the management entrance exams test candidate’s quantitative aptitude, written ability skills, verbal ability and logical reasoning skills. It is advisable to be strong in all the above mentioned fields in order to secure good scores in the entrance exams. Some of the vital details regarding GMAT and CAT are given in the table below.
|Number of Questions||80||100|
|Exam Frequency||Throughout the year||Once in a year|
|Duration||3 hours 30 minutes||3 hours|
|Exam Pattern||Analytical Writing, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning.||Three sections- Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning.|
|Score Validity||Valid for 5 years||One year|
The most important points to be remembered while taking these exams or preparation tips are as follows:
- The students must prepare well for the Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning Section of these exams. Most of the time this section proves to be the toughest.
- Break down the preparation either into section wise or topic wise.
- Take regular mock tests, at least once in a week and have a personal tutor to help in your preparation.
- Practice to solve the mathematical questions within a stipulated time period. This will help you to manage time effectively.
- For improving your writing and comprehension skills, read newspapers daily and try to write something on a regular basis, eg: Diary.