MA in Telugu is a two-year course. Eligibility for the course is bachelor’s degree and intermediate cleared. A Master's degree in Telugu can help candidates to secure a position as a professional elementary or secondary school teacher.
The tuition fees by average for MA in Telugu comes between INR 5,000 to INR 15,000 for the span of three-year. Admissions for such course are on the basis of counselling after clearing entrance tests depending on the colleges.
Major Job profile and designations for these graduates are:
- Associate Professor - Special Telugu
- Poet/Story or Novel Writer
- Telugu Coordinator
- Content Writer Telugu
- Translator/content writers
|MA In Telugu Colleges In Andhra Pradesh||MA In Telugu Colleges In Telangana||MA In Telugu Colleges In Tamil Nadu||MA In Telugu Colleges In Karnataka|
Graduates with this degree have opportunity to work for the industries like
- Translation and other language services
- Print Media
- Advertising Companies or agencies
- T.V. Channels
The average salary for M.A. in Telugu graduates is around INR 2 Lakh to INR 6 Lakh but this can be higher on the basis of experience and other factors.
Top Colleges for Master of Arts [MA] (Telugu)
MA in Telugu: Course Highlights
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Admission Process||Based on counselling after clearing Entrance Tests for different colleges.|
|Course Fee||40,000 INR to 1 Lakh INR for three-year|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 to INR 6 lacs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||
Translation and other language services
Advertising Companies or agencies
Associate Professor - Special Telugu
Poet/Story or Novel Writer/Article Writer
Content Writer Telugu
MA in Telugu: What is it about?
M.A. Telugu is a two-year course, minimum eligibility for which is a B.A. in Telugu. Telugu is the study of literature, linguistics and philosophy of the Telugu language.
Telugu is part of the Dravidian language family (belonging to Central Dravidian branch), spoken primarily in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is the second largest Indian language after Hindi with over 75 million native speakers
It is also widely spoken in countries of the Indian diaspora including
- United States
The main role of the Department of Telugu is:
- To promote studies in Telugu Language and Literature.
- It also undertakes teaching and research in Telugu with emphasis on various aspects of historical and comparative studies in language and literature.
- The syllabus for various courses is drawn keeping in view of the changing needs of the society in relation to language use, and the role of literature in the society.
MA in Telugu: Aims and Objectives
- Developing Telugu Studies in relation to other major languages of the Dravidian family
- Developing modern applications of language studies with specific emphasis on the present day job market
- Focus upon the comparative aspects of Dravidian Literature and Heritage
- Imparting special training in Translation Activity
Top Institutes Offering MA in Telugu
|Name of Institute||City||Fees|
|University of Hyderabad||Hyderabad||INR 9,430 (course)|
|Osmania University College for Women||Hyderabad||INR 10,000 (course)|
|Presidency College, Chennai||Chennai||INR 5,000 (course)|
|Nizam College||Hyderabad||INR 7,500 (course)|
|A.V. College of Arts Science and Commerce||Maharashtra||INR 12,000 (course)|
|Banaras Hindu University||Banaras||INR 6,500 (course)|
|Opjs University, Churu||Churu||INR 40,000 (course)|
|Aligarh Muslim University||Aligarh||INR 19,000 (course)|
|Krishna University||Machilipatnam||INR 24,000 (course)|
|Sri Venkateswara University||Tirupati||INR 10,000 (course)|
|Acharya Nagarjuna University||Guntur||INR 10,500 (course)|
|Besant Theosophical College, Chittoor||Chittoor||INR 15,000 (course)|
|Dantuluri Narayana Raju College||Godavari||INR 7,000 (course)|
|Duvvuru Ramanamma Women’s College||Guduru||INR 32,600 (course)|
|Dodla Kousalyamma Government College for Women||Nellore||INR 22800 (course)|
|Kakatiya University||Warangal||INR 6,000 (course)|
|CKM Arts and Science College||Warangal||INR 22,000 (course)|
|NDMVP Samaj''s K.T.H.M. College||Maharashtra||INR 6800 (course)|
Eligibility for MA in Telugu
- A candidate must have passed BA or equivalent examination in any stream with 50% marks in aggregate from recognized Board/ University.
- Final year appearing candidate can also apply on provisional basis.
- Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination with the following combinations of subjects:
- Regional Language and any two of the following subjects:
- Political Science
|MA In Telugu Colleges In Uttar Pradesh||MA In Telugu Colleges In Orissa||MA In Telugu Colleges In Rajasthan|
MA in Telugu: Admission Process
Admission for MA in Telugu program begins after declaration of bachelor’s exam’s result. The cut-off list is published generally by the college or the concerned university. The process for admission can be best explained through the figure below:
- Universities release Application Form (Online/Offline)
- Cut off Percentage/CGPA Announcement
- Admission Formalities begin
Universities offering undergraduate courses, ideally, announce the beginning of application process in the month of May and June.
After the first phase is over where interested candidates fill the application forms, universities announce cut-offs required for admission to the program.
There are universities like Banaras Hindu University, which apart from giving weightage to marks scored in 10+2, also conduct entrance test. Hence, candidates are required to have a look at the requirements by the respective universities they wish to apply in.
MA in Telugu: Syllabus and Course Description
|First Year||Second Year|
|General Linguistics||Sanskrit Texts, History of Sanskrit Literature and Sanskrit Grammar|
|Telugu Grammar, Prosody & Poetics||Principles of Literary Criticism|
|Prescribed Texts (Poetry & Drama)||Dravidian Philology and Evolution of Telugu Language|
|History of Telugu Literature||Telugu Journalism|
|Folk Literature||Any one of the following optional can be chosen (a) Padakavitha (b) Andhra History & Culture|
MA in Telugu: Career Prospects
There are many Career opportunities available to make a career with the education background in B.A. or M.A Telugu.
- The most common and demanded one is the Teaching profession. There is a huge demand of skilled teachers for Telugu Language.
- Other than Teaching, one can also opt for the option like Translator but job opportunities are minimal in this regard.
- Option for taking private tuitions is also available.
- There are various types of jobs available for interpreters, such as consecutive interpreter, general interpreter and liaison interpreter.
If you are interested to pursue teaching as your preferred career domain, then you may opt for B.Ed. course for which the minimum eligibility is a graduate degree.
Different career options are available for graduates in this field, for instance one can become a teacher, translator or a freelancer as well. For imparting a program in the foreign language, the educational institutions mostly look for experts in this field.
Translators also work in fields such as scientific literary, technical or business.
Freelancing is the new trend in the field of language. Freelancers join the following:
- research firms
- translation bureaus
- publishing houses
- international organizations
- hotel industry
- travel and tourism sector
- Candidates working with embassies can receive a compensation of INR 8, 000 PM to INR 10,000 P.M.
- Translators are paid between INR 50 to 100 per page.
- Interpreters generally earn around INR 300 to INR 500 per hour.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Pay Scale in INR|
|Teacher/Lecturer/Professor||Teachers create lesson plans and teach those plans to the entire class, individually to students or in small groups, track student progress and present the information to parents, create tests, create and reinforce classroom rules, work with school administration prepare students for standardized tests.||195,493|
|Associate Professor - Special Telugu||
Teaching both undergraduate and graduate classes, particularly in the area of literacy; advising students; serving on various university, college, and division committees, and willing to assume other related assignments.
The successful candidate will also be expected to serve on doctoral committees, grade comprehensive examinations, and perform other duties as assigned by the division chair and college dean.
|Journalist/Editor||The core purpose of a journalist is to research, document, write, and present the news in an honest, ethical, and unbiased way.||560,500|
|Poet/Story or Novel Writer/Article Writer||
People who are confident of their language skills choose these kinds of job roles. They work either as freelancer/individual worker or under any reputed writer/ newspapers and magazines.
Many like to take three of the job roles to be a versatile writer. Many experienced are taken as script writers for the television programs and serials with higher payment.
|Telugu Coordinator||The Telugu coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing the Telugu curriculum. Also developing a program for school, Telugu activities, community services or other areas.||261,669|
|Content Writer Telugu||
A Telugu writer enjoys a career developing lesson plans, producing articles and textbooks for students of all ages, and preparing materials for online informational sites, including e-books and pamphlets.
The Telugu writer must be able to determine the information appropriate to the learners' knowledge base and convey that information in easy-to-understand language.
|Translator/content writers||Many servicing companies are recruiting the language experts for the works like translating, content writing etc. The online servicing companies are taking a lion’s share in providing the opportunities in the sector.||2 Lakh|