MA or Master of Arts is a 2 years academic degree given to the students in the field of Arts, Humanities and Liberal Arts subjects such as Languages, History, Geography, Philosophy, Gender Studies, etc.
The career prospects are diverse after completion of this course, for both freshers and experienced individuals. Although most of the students after MA studies prefer government jobs, opportunities are huge in the private sector as well, with the average salary of around INR 3-6 LPA, which increases gradually with work experience.
There are a plethora of job opportunities after an MA course. With so much competition all around the world in the job market, having a master degree really helps getting a higher paying job.
Following are some of the common career prospects that students can go for after completion of MA degree:
|Job Position||Average Salary||Highest Salary|
|Social Worker||INR 2.90 LPA||INR 5.70 LPA|
|Content Writer||INR 2.87 LPA||INR 5.49 LPA|
|Journalist||INR 3.46 LPA||INR 6.79 LPA|
|Newspaper Columnist||INR 4.91 LPA||INR 8.41 LPA|
|Photographer||INR 3.87 LPA||INR 8 LPA|
|Administrative Officer||INR 4.12 LPA||INR 8.18 LPA|
|Subject Matter Expert||INR 4.27 LPA||INR 8.60 LPA|
|Sales Associate||INR 2.52 LPA||INR 9.54 LPA|
|Historian||INR 5.04 LPA||INR 8.71 LPA|
|Psychologist||INR 3.96 LPA||INR 9.25 LPA|
|Translator||INR 4.02 LPA||INR 6 LPA|
|Economist||INR 8.10 LPA||INR 19.65 LPA|
|Radio Jockey||INR 3 LPA||INR 12 LPA|
|Video Jockey||INR 3 LPA||INR 15 LPA|
|Author/Writer||INR 4.21 LPA||INR 12 LPA|
|School Teacher||INR 3.01 LPA||INR 5 LPA|
|Assistant Professor||INR 4 LPA||INR 12 LPA|
Source: Pay Scale & Salary Explorer
Salary Trend Graph
MA Government Jobs
There are various types of government jobs that MA students can pursue for a better future and job stability. In most of these jobs, the salary is credited as per the pay scale of the employee.
Some of the common government jobs that students go after Master of Arts degree courses are:
- UPSC (IAS,IPS,IES,IFS): Majority of the MA students prepare for this exam during their course. Some students prefer a MA specialization on the basis of the subject they have selected in the exam. This really helps them prepare for the exam.
- Staff Selection of Commission: CGL, CHSL, Police, Junior Engineer and other technical jobs.
- Railway: It includes jobs such as Ticket Collector, Clerks, Police, Security, Station Master, Technician, ALP, NTPC.
- IBPS: Clerk, Probationary Officer, etc.
- DSSSB: It offers jobs of Clerk, Technician, Junior Engineer, etc.
- Indian Army and Indian Navy
- Hospitality Jobs
- Bank Jobs
- Public Sector Units
The salary range in the government sector is usually dependent upon the type of job and commission is usually set at around INR 30,000-70,000 per month. It may be higher in some of the job positions.
Check a list of all MA Specializations.