What is MBA Business Management?
MBA Business Management or Master of Business Administration in Business Management is a 2 year course. It is a post graduate level course.
The eligibility criteria for MBA Business Management is to qualify bachelor's degree with minimum 50% marks from a recognized college.
To get admission in MBA Business Management, students must have to clear entrance exams taken by respective colleges and universities. See Also: MBA Admission Process
See Also: Top MBA Colleges in India
Some of the top colleges according to NIRF Management Rankings providing MBA Business Management are mentioned below:
MBA Business Management Highlights
|NIRF Management Rankings 2020||College name||Admission process||Average annual fees||Average annual salary|
|31||Xavier Institute of management||Entrance exam||INR 1,080,000||INR 14.31 lakhs|
|44||Xavier University||Entrance exam||INR 8.6 lakhs||INR 15.05 lakhs|
|49||Lovely Professional University||Entrance exam||INR 94,300||INR 3 lakhs|
|51||Chandigarh University||Entrance exam||INR 1.8 lakhs||INR 5.96 lakhs|
Business management course comprises the interdisciplinary study of business administration, marketing, accounting, economics, finance, and information systems.
This course provides you the academic knowledge and skills to grab global career opportunities. It will help you to understand broadly about the businesses.
The Average fee for MBA Business Management is INR 1 lakh to INR 6 lakhs. It varies on the course offered by college and university. Also, it depends on the geographical location and size of the campus. Check Out: MBA Jobs
The Job profiles after the course are Financial advisor, marketing manager, Management analyst, HR manager, Finance manager, investment banker, business consultant, etc.
Related Courses: Top Management Courses
The Average salary package per annum is INR 2 lakhs to INR 20 lakhs. It depends on the experience and skills.
The top recruiting organisations are Infosys, TCS, Wipro, Accenture, etc.
Check Out: All about MBA
MBA Business Management Highlights
Course highlights of Master of business administration in business management. This will help you to overview the short description about the course, course type, duration of course, colleges, average fees, average salary package, job profiles.
|Course type||Post graduate|
|Examination Type||Semester wise|
|Eligibility||Graduation with minimum 50% marks|
|Admission process||Entrance exam|
|Course Fee||INR 1 lakhs - INR 6 lakhs|
|Average Salary||INR 2 lakhs – INR 20 lakhs|
|Top Recruiting companies||Infosys, TCS, Wipro, Accenture, etc.|
|Job Position||Financial advisor, marketing manager, Management analyst, HR manager, Finance manager, investment banker, business consultant, etc.|
MBA Business Management Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the Students who are willing to MBA Business Management, has to fulfil the requirement. MBA Business Management eligibility is mentioned below:
- Students must have to qualify bachelor's degree with minimum 50% marks from a recognized college.
- Students should not have any receptacle in any subject.
- Commerce is the preferable stream for the course.
- Moderation to the reserved category (SC/ ST/ OBC) students to score 45% marks.
MBA Business Management Admission Process
To get admission in MBA Business Management, students must have to clear entrance exams taken by respective colleges and universities. The procedure for the admission is:
- The registration form will be released on the official websites of the respective colleges or universities.
- Students have to submit the registration fee on the online portal before the last date.
- The admit card will be released by the colleges and universities.
- The exam date will be released by the colleges and universities.
- The result will be announced after the exam. Some colleges conduct counseling for the final selection.
- Documentation Date will be given by the colleges for final selection of the students in the course. The documents required are class x and xii mark sheet, original graduation degree, passport size photographs, cast/ category certificate (if any).
Check Out: Top MBA Colleges in Kolkata
MBA Business Management Entrance Exams
The entrance exam conducted by colleges and universities for MBA programs are mentioned below. MBA for all types of specialisations have to sit for these all India Entrance Exams. Some are conducted by colleges that admit their own students.
MAT (Management Aptitude Test)
|Full Form||Exam Level||Exam Mode||Duration|
|Management Aptitude Test||National||CBT/ IBT||2.5 hours|
CAT (Common Admission Test)
|Full Form||Exam Level||Exam Mode||Duration|
|Common Admission Test||National||Computer Based Test||180 minutes|
XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test)
|Full Form||Exam Level||Exam Mode||Duration|
|Xavier Aptitude Test||National||Online||180 minutes|
SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test)
|Full Form||Exam Level||Exam Mode||Duration|
|Symbiosis National Aptitude Test||National||Online||180 minutes|
Details about some of the entrances that are mandatory for admission in MBA Business Administration. The important dates of the Exams are also mentioned below:
|Entrance Exam||Conducted by||Application Form||Exam Date||Result Date|
|MAT||AIMA||Last date 23 August 2020||August 27 2020||September 15 2020|
|CAT||IIM||August 5 2020||November 29 2020||5 January 2021|
|XAT||XLRI||23 August 2020||January 3 2021||January 31 2021|
How to crack Entrance exam?
Some of the tips that students should follow in order to MBA Business Management Entrance Exam are mentioned below:
- Students must be aware of the subject in which they have interest. Interest area is the only key to success.
- You should have confidence on the subject you have chosen in 10+2.
- Score minimum 50% in bachelor's degree from a recognized college.
- students must be aware with the details of entrance exam, syllabus, duration, conducted by whom, exam level, exam mode. These are the basic knowledge of the entrance exam for MBA Business Management.
- Find a top institute for your preparation for the entrance exam. Choose top institutes on some parameters like fee of the institute, faculty, geographical location, number of students, transportation facility.
- Students must attend an online test conducted by the institute on weekends to check their preparation.
- You should strengthen your general knowledge and improve vocabulary because they are difficult subjects for students.
- Learn new short tricks for quantitative aptitude and reasoning MBA Business Management Entrance Exam.
- Time management skills are the main key to complete your exam on time. you must be aware of sections and the number of questions.
- Students should develop reading habits by newspaper, magazine, biography as a source.
How to get admission in a good college?
Some of the things students must do in order to get admission in a good MBA Business Management college are:
- Students should score good marks to get admission in a good college.
- Students should make a list of top colleges to know about them. Some parameters are about the college, eligibility, admission process, entrance exam name conducted by them, location, fee structure, top recruiting companies, courses offered by them.
- Fill all the exam registration forms with payments before the last date to avoid any discrepancy.
- Be prepared for the MBA Business Management entrance exam conducted by the colleges and universities.
- Take classes for the preparation of exams and interviews.
- Take counseling before choosing the course and college.
- Score good marks in bachelor's courses.
MBA Business Management Syllabus
Syllabus for MBA in business management. The duration of the course is 2 years. It is given semester wise. Each year consists of 2 semesters. See Also: MBA Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Management Organizational||Marketing Management|
|Managerial Economics||Financial Management|
|Quantitative methods||Operations Management|
|IT Managers||Management Of Technology|
|Accounting For Management||E- Business|
|IT for manager's lab||Business Research|
|Business environment||Human Resources Management|
|Business communications||Managerial Skills Development|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Management Of International Business||Strategic Management|
|Summer Training Project||Project Report|
|Entrepreneurship Business development||Business Intelligence and applications|
|Information Systems Management||-|
Every students must read these top books with their authors while pursuing MBA in business management are:
|The age of unreason||Charles handy|
|Build to last: successful habits of visionary companies||Jim Collins and Jerry Poras|
|Competing for the future||Gary Hamel|
|Competitive strategy : techniques for analyzing industries and competitors||Michael E. porter|
|Emotional intelligence||Daniel Goleman|
|The Essential Drucker||Peter Drucker|
|The Goal||Eliyahu Goldratt|
|Guerilla Marketing||Jay Conrad Levinson|
|The Innovator's dilemma||Clayton christensen|
|Leading change||John P. Porter|
|On becoming a leader||Warren Bennis|
|Out of the Crisis||Edward Deming|
|Toyota Production System||Taiichi Ohno|
|Who moved my cheese?||Spencer Johnson|
|The one minute manager||Spencer Johnson|
MBA Business Management Top Colleges
Top colleges for MBA Business Management, location, average fees and average salary on offer are mentioned below.
|College name||City||Average fees||Average salary|
|Xavier Institute of management||Bhubaneswar||INR 10,80,000||INR 14,30,000|
|University Of Hyderabad||Hyderabad||INR 83,580||INR 3,50,000|
|Lovely Professional University||Jalandhar||INR 2,50,000||INR 5,75,000|
|NIMS University||Jaipur||INR 60,000||INR 4,79,000|
|JSS Academy of higher education and research||Mysore||INR 1,79,000||INR 5,50,000|
|Prestige Institute of Management and research||Indore||INR 1,20,000||INR 4,50,000|
|Chandigarh University||Chandigarh||INR 1,80,000||INR 5,96,000|
|Guru kashi University||Bathinda||INR 62,580||INR 4,65,000|
|Amity Global Business School||Noida||INR 3,90,000||INR 6,80,000|
|Nalsar University of law||Hyderabad||INR 3,43,000||INR 4,66,000|
MBA Business Administration College Comparison
College Comparison of Master of business administration (business management). Students must compare their college on some parameters like about the college, city, ranking agency, eligibility, admission process, average fees, top recruiting companies, etc. Here is the comparison of Xavier Institute of management and Prestige Institute of Management and research.
|Parameters||Xavier Institute of management||Prestige Institute of Management and research|
|About college||Xavier institute of management is known as XIMB. It is ranked 10th among top 100 colleges. More than 140 companies visited this college. It offers post graduate and doctoral level programs like business management, executive business management and business analytics.||Prestige institute of management and research, (PIMR) is a well established college of Madhya Pradesh. The institute is known as Best Upcoming Law College in Central India 2018 by CEGR. The college is popular for its MBA program (both full-time and part-time)|
|Eligibility||Bachelor's degree with minimum 50% marks||Bachelor's degree with minimum 50% marks|
|Admission process||Entrance exam||entrance exam|
|Average fees||INR 1,080,000||INR 1.2 lakhs|
|Top recruiting organizations||SBI, ITC, ONGC, Microsoft, HCL, RBI, ICICI Bank, etc.||Amazon, Idea cellular, ITC, HDFC Bank, etc.|
|Average salary||INR 14.31 lakhs||INR 4.5 lakhs|
Why Study MBA Business Management?
If students choose the business management degree, then you will be able to shape the directions for your career plan. They are presented with a variety of jobs in management, consultancy, human resources, finance and retail and sales.
MBA Business Management will introduce the business world and provide industry insights such as market trends and industry reports which can be invaluable and will encourage you to apply academic theory to real life businesses.
Students must have to develop some management skills for the course. You will build a skill set to respond to challenges and current developments in business.
The reasons to be a part of this course:
- MBA graduates are employed within the private or public sector. Their salary potential is high.
- By enrolling in an MBA program, you can acquire the requisite knowledge and practices needed to potentially develop and operate your own businesses.
- There is usually the option to attend classes in the evenings and even occasionally on weekends to fit your studies in with the rest of your life.
MBA Business Management Course Comparison
Course comparison plays an important role in career. Every student must compare courses before enrolling into it. Compare courses on some parameters like about course, duration, average fees, location, average salary package, top colleges, top recruiting companies, etc. Here is the course comparison of MBA business management and MBA Finance and marketing.
|Parameters||MBA Business Management||MBA Finance and Marketing|
|Description||This Course aims to build a students a solid grounding in management disciplines as well as strong analytical skills to compete globally. This course will help students to learn and increase knowledge of organizational behaviour, psychology into tackling real world business problems.||This course offers students a platform to build their understanding and get an advanced view in finance and marketing. This programs includes advertising and public relations for marketing, budgeting, auditing for finance.|
|Duration||2 years||2 years|
|Eligibility||Graduation with minimum 50% marks.||Qualifying bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks from a recognized college.|
|Admission process||Entrance exam||Merit based / entrance exam|
|Top colleges||Amity University, Doon Business School, IIKM Business School, etc.||Jawaharlal Nehru of Technological University, Samarth Institute of Management, D Y Patil School of management etc.|
|Job roles||Financial advisor, marketing manager, Management analyst, HR manager, Finance manager, investment banker, business consultant, etc.||finance analyst, marketing executive, etc.|
|Average fees||INR 1 lakhs – INR 6 lakhs||INR 12,000 – INR 7 lakhs|
|Average salary||INR 3 lakhs – INR 13 lakhs||INR 7 lakhs – 27 lakhs|
|Top recruiting organization||Infosys, TCS, Wipro, Accenture, etc.||HCL, Accenture, Biocon, Royal Bank of scotland, Siemens, etc.|
MBA Business Management Scope
Future study options after MBA in business management are
- Chartered financial analyst
- Financial Risk Manager
- Certification in Risk management Assurance
- project management professional
- MBA in international business
- certified in production and inventory management
MBA Business Management opens a door for a lot of opportunities. The job profiles are:
|Business Analyst||Marketing Specialist|
|Area Sales Manager||Management Analyst|
|Financial Advisor||HR Manager|
MBA Business Management Jobs
Career options in MBA in business management are wide. There are better opportunities.
Here is the description of job profiles with their roles and average salary package per annum after MBA in business management.
|Job profiles||Role||Average annual salary|
|Financial advisor||The role of financial advisor is to give specialist advice to clients on managing money. The role includes researching the marketplace and suggesting the most appropriate product and services, meeting their needs and securing the sales.||INR 3.74 lakhs|
|Marketing Manager||The role of marketing manager is to manage promotion and positioning of products or services that a company sells.||INR 5.09 lakhs|
|Management Analyst||The role of Management analyst is to conduct and prepare operations and procedures manual to assist management of a company.||INR 4.10 lakhs|
|HR Manager||The role of HR manager is to plan, direct and coordinate the administrative functions of a company. They fulfill the man labour requirements, consult about the strategic planning.||INR 4.40 lakhs|
|Finance manager||The role of Finance manager is to plan the budget, support the executive management team and financial advice to make best decisions for the organizations.||INR 7.66 lakhs|
MBA Business Management: FAQs
Ques: What is MBA (business management)?
Ans: MBA (business management) stands for Master of business management in business management which is a 2 year course for postgraduate students. minimum 50%marks in commerce as a main stream is the eligibility criteria.
Ques: What courses can be done before MBA?
Ans: The courses can be done before MBA are:
- finance modeling
Ques: What are the top recruiting areas for MBA in business management?
Ans: The top recruiting areas for MBA in business management are Retail and Merchant Banking, Corporate Finance, Business Consulting, etc.
Ques: list the entrance exams for MBA (business management).
Ans: The list of entrance exam for MBA (business management) are:
- MAT (Management Aptitude Test)
- CAT (Common Admission Test)
- CMAT (Common Management Admission Test)
- XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test)
- GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test –Abroad)
- SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test)
Ques: What can you do with an MBA in business?
Ans: You can do these with an MBA in business:
- Healthcare Administrator
- Information Systems Manager
- Operations Research Analyst
- Business Operations Manager
- Management Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Financial Analyst