MBA Digital Marketing is a specialized course for students who want to learn the different aspects of Digital Marketing. It deals with the development of various brands or products through different platforms of digital media.
This 2-year course is considered one of the most sought after degrees in India in terms of personal growth and career growth opportunities.
Go through the full list of top MBA Digital Marketing Colleges in India .
Anyone with a minimum of 50-60% aggregate or an equivalent CGPA in their Bachelor's degree in any discipline is eligible to pursue an MBA Digital Marketing.
Admission to the course is granted on the basis of marks scored by the candidate in any one of the MBA Entrance Exams. Some colleges also conduct Written Tests and Personal Interviews after the Entrance Exams for final shortlisting of candidates. Some of the most popular Entrance Exams for MBA Digital Marketing courses are CAT, MAT, GMAT, etc.
Many top MBA colleges in India offer Master in Business Administration in Digital Marketing specialization. The average annual fees charged for this course ranges between INR 8,00,000 to INR 20,00,000. The table given below lists the Best Colleges for MBA Digital Marketing in India:
|NIRF University Rank 2020||College Name||Location||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees||Average Placement Salary|
|41||K L University||Guntur||Through CAT||INR 2,65,000||INR 4,44,000|
|97||Graphic Era University||Dehradun||Through CAT||INR 2,51,000||INR 3,50,000|
|101-150||Shoolini University||Solan||Through CAT||INR 2,21,614||INR 6,20,000|
|101-150||Vel Tech Dr. RR and Dr. SR University||Chennai||Through CAT||INR 93,000||INR 3,00,000|
|151-200||Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies||Faridabad||Through CAT||INR 2,64,500||INR 6,60,000|
This course involves the study of subjects like Basics of Marketing, Organizational Behaviour, Management Fundamentals, Business Communication, Selling and Negotiation, etc.
After Completing MBA Digital Marketing, a candidate will mostly get employed in positions like Market Research Analyst, Brand Manager, Sales Manager, Public Relations Manager, etc.
The average annual starting salary offered to these candidates generally ranges between INR 10,00,000 to INR 25,00,000 per annum, depending on the skills and expertise of the candidates.
If the candidates wish to study further, they can pursue research oriented courses like PhD in Management, PhD Business Administration, etc. The candidates can also upgrade their skills by pursuing professional courses like Project Management Professional (PMP).
MBA Digital Marketing Admission Process
Most of the colleges providing MBA Digital Marketing courses follow an entrance based admission process. The Admission Process is done in the following steps
- Step 1: Applications for Entrance Exam: The student is required to select colleges in which he/she wants to apply and check which entrance exams they conduct and then apply for those entrance exams accordingly. It is advised to give CAT since almost all the colleges accept CAT scores.
- Step 2: Declaration of Results and Cutoffs: The conducting body will release the results of the candidates. After the results are declared, the individual colleges will release cutoff marks for admission.
- Step 3: Shortlisting Process: The candidates qualifying the cutoffs will be called by the colleges for further rounds of selection process.
- Step 4: Final Admission Round: Colleges conduct further rounds of WAT, GD and PI to test a candidate’s ability and skills.
The candidates who qualify in all the above given rounds are finally admitted to the course.
Check the admission process of Graphic Era University in detail.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Digital Marketing
The eligibility criteria for admission in MBA Digital Marketing is stated below:
- The program requires a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with an aggregate of 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA (a relaxation of 5% is granted to SC/ST candidates) from any recognized university/college/institute.
- Candidates appearing for final year examinations can also apply, but their admission will be subject to obtaining a minimum of 50% marks (relaxation of 5% is granted to SC/ST candidates) in their Bachelor's degree.
- Candidates passing nationalized entrance exams like CAT/ MAT/ GMAT/ CMAT or other equivalent entrance examinations are eligible to apply for the MBA digital marketing program.
MBA Digital Marketing Entrance Exams
CAT: Common Admission Test ( CAT) is conducted by IIMs. The Eligibility criteria is 50% marks in Graduation for General candidates and 45% for Reserved candidates. The exam evaluates Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension and Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning.
Fee: INR 2,000
XAT: Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is conducted by Xavier School Of Management. The exam duration is three and a half hours. The paper is divided into two parts. The exam evaluates Quantitative Ability, English Language and Logical Reasoning, and Decision Making
Fee: INR 1,700
GMAT : Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) is conducted by GMAC. The question paper consists of 4 sections. Two sections have 30 minutes and the other 2 sections have 75 minutes. The total duration is 3 hours and 30 minutes. The exam evaluates Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Verbal Reasoning.
Fee: INR 15,000 to INR 16,000
CMAT: Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is conducted by AICTE. The exam duration is 3 hours. It consists of 100 Multiple choice questions. The paper is divided into 4 sections, there are 25 questions in each section. The exam evaluates Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, Quantitative Techniques, Data Interpretation, and General Awareness.
Fee: INR 1,400 for General, INR 700 for Female and Reserved candidates.
MAT: Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA). The exam duration is 2 and a half hours. It has 5 sections with 40 questions each with a total of 200 questions. The exam evaluates Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, etc.
Fee: INR 1,550
|Exam Name||Conducting Body||Date of Application||Exam Date||Exam Mode|
|CAT||IIMs (IIM Indore for 2020)||August 5 to September 16, 2020||November 29, 2020||Computer-based but not online|
|XAT||XLRI||August 23 to November 30, 2020||January 2021 (tentative)||Online Exam|
|GMAT||GMAC||Throughout the Year||Multiple Exam Dates||Computer-Based|
|CMAT||NTA||November 2020 (tentative)||January, 2021 (tentative)||Online|
|MAT||AIMA||July 14 to August 23, 2020||August 27 to September 2, 2020||
How to prepare for MBA Digital Marketing Entrance Exams?
- In order to prepare for entrance exams, you need to get the necessary information from a reputable source, such as a website connected with learning, and education and Understand the guidelines.
- The students should prepare well for the Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning Section of these exams, as most of the times this section proves to be the toughest.
- Students should read newspapers and write notes daily to improve their language and comprehension.
- Take mock tests regularly so that you have enough time to revise and retry and get better and better at it, till you appear for the actual examination.
- Nothing can beat persistent hard work and determination. Solving previous years' question papers could be of great help.
Read more on CAT Question Pattern, Important Tips, Marking Scheme.
How to Get Admission in a Good MBA Digital Marketing College?
- MBA admissions include two parts, both of which have significantly different specifications- The entrance examination and the GD/PI process.
- Since most colleges require students to qualify one of the management entrance exams, you need to score a good percentile in entrances like CAT, MAT, or CMAT among others.
- Other than the obtained marks, the GD/PI process is where the rest of your profile plays a role.
- Work on public speaking and build self-confidence. Confidence is the key to group discussion rounds.
- Keep track of important dates of entrance exams and register for the exams on time.
Check the latest CAT cutoffs to have an idea of the mark range you need to score.
MBA Digital Marketing: What is it About?
- This course deals with all the processes and tricks that one should apply to promote their products and organisations on social media platforms.
- Digital Marketing deals with the process of marketing your products on digital platforms. So, this course will include a detailed study of both marketing related subjects and digital world related subjects.
- The course generally includes subjects like Basics of Marketing, Organizational Behaviour, Management Fundamentals, Business Communication, Selling and Negotiation, etc.
- This course will help the candidates to understand the importance of social media and digital platforms and use them wisely for the benefit of their organisation.
MBA Digital Marketing Course Highlights
The major highlights of the MBA Digital Marketing course have been tabulated in the table below.
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Full-Form||Master of Business Administration ( Digital Marketing)|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam followed by GD and PI rounds|
|Average Course Fee||INR 2,00,000 to INR 10,00,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 4,00,000 to INR 25,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Sectors||Various Products and Services brands, Corporate Houses, MNC's, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Google, Facebook, WATConsult, iProspect India and many more.|
|Job Positions||Market research analyst, Brand Manager, Sales Manager, Public Relations Manager|
Why Should You Study MBA Digital Marketing?
- MBA Digital Marketing graduates who have specialized in areas like Marketing, Advertising, and Marketing, and in this thriving market they are always asked for.
- The final aim of most companies out there is to gain more customers and to retain the existing ones. Digital Marketing is a medium, using which, customers can be gained through digital channels. So, the demand for this course will always be high in the job market.
- MBA Digital Marketing is the future! It holds the key that will open doors of opportunities in front of businesses. An MBA Digital Marketing is a good investment of time and money. The skills acquired will help you milk the opportunities offered by digital channels.
- It will be helpful to build a career in an emerging field. Digital marketing will be there for several years. It is a vast field. So knowledge of business acquired during management courses will help find lucrative job options.
MBA Marketing vs MBA Digital Marketing
MBA Marketing and MBA Digital Marketing are two very similar courses. We have provided a few distinguishing points between the courses to help students make a rational choice.
|Parameters||MBA Marketing||MBA Digital Marketing|
|Overview||MBA Marketing involves the study of all kinds of marketing in whole. It will include traditional marketing as well as digital and social media marketing strategies.||MBA Digital Marketing focuses only on digital marketing and social media marketing strategies. It does not involve any study of the traditional marketing strategy as a whole.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 4,00,000 - INR 20,00,000||INR 2,00,000 - INR 10,00,000|
|Colleges||Vinod Gupta School of Management (IIT Kharagpur), IIT Roorkee, IIT Madras, etc||Graphic Era University, Shoolini University, Vel Tech University, etc.|
|Duration||2 Years||2 Years|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam||Entrance Exam|
|Job Roles||Product Manager, Market Research Analyst, Media Planner and many more.||Market Research Analyst, Brand Manager, Sales Manager, and Public Relations Manager.|
|Average Salary||INR 5,00,000 - INR 30,00,000||INR 5,00,000 - INR 25,00,000|
Source: College Websites
Also, go through the full list of top MBA Marketing Colleges in India.
Top Colleges Offering MBA Digital Marketing
Some of the prime institutes or colleges offering the course in the country with the corresponding locations and fees charged by the respective colleges are listed below.
|NIRF University Rank 2020||College Name||Location||Average Annual Fees||Average Placement Salary|
|41||K L University||Guntur||INR 2,65,000||INR 4,44,000|
|97||Graphic Era University||Dehradun||INR 2,51,000||INR 3,50,000|
|101-150||Shoolini University||Solan||INR 2,21,614||INR 6,20,000|
|101-150||Vel Tech Dr. RR and Dr. SR University||Chennai||INR 93,000||INR 3,00,000|
|151-200||Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies||Faridabad||INR 2,64,500||INR 6,60,000|
|NA||Presidency University, School of Management, Bangalore||Bangalore||3,25,000||INR 8,00,000|
|NA||Prestige Institute of Management or Research||Indore||1,19,500||INR 7,00,000|
|NA||ICFAI University, West Tripura||West Tripura||1,50,000||NA|
Source: College Websites
MBA Digital Marketing College Comparison
In the below given table we have compared two top institutes providing the MBA Digital Marketing course in detail on the basis of parameters like Fees, Placement Salary, etc.
|Parameters||K L University Business School [KLUBS]||Faculty of Management Sciences and Liberal Arts, Shoolini University|
|Overview||KL Business School is the management school of KL University. It provides both MBA and BBA degrees to the students. During the study, the students also get the opportunity to work as interns in leading MNCs.||Faculty of Management Sciences and Liberal Arts of Shoolini University is one of the top 75 management colleges in India. The institute provides Management and Liberal Arts courses at UG and PG level. Along with subject wise studies, the college also trains the students in Soft Skills and Leadership Qualities.|
|NIRF Management Rank 2020||70||76-100|
|Location||Guntur, Andhra Pradesh||Faridabad|
|Admission Process||Through CAT||Through CAT|
|Average Annual Fees in INR||INR 2,65,000||INR 2,21,614|
|Average Salary Package||INR 4,40,000||INR 6,20,000|
|Top Recruiters||Infosys, Axis Bank, Bajaj Capital, HDFC Bank, etc.||Genpact, HDFC Bank, LG, Bharti Airtel, Subham, etc.|
Source : College Websites
MBA Digital Marketing Distance Education
The two-year full-time commitment requires a regular MBA course that might not be viable for working professionals who make up the larger margin of students pursuing an MBA. In recent times, there has been an advancement in education technology due to the increasing demand for correspondence courses. Aspirants aim at enhancing their skills without sacrificing their current profession.
- The duration of this course ranges from 1 year to 4 years, but it is 2 years for most of the colleges.
- The average annual fees ranges between INR 50,000 to INR 3,00,000
Some colleges offering MBA Digital Marketing Distance Education are tabulated in the table below.
MBA Digital Marketing Syllabus and Course Description
MBA Digital Marketing course includes everything that one needs to study in order to master the art of digital marketing. The major subjects taught under this course are tabulated in the table below in a semester wise format.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Accounting for Business Decisions||Marketing Management|
|Managerial Economics||Financial Management|
|Legal Aspects of Business||Human Resource Management|
|Business Research Methods||Decision Science|
|Organizational Behaviour||Operations Management|
|Basics of Marketing||Life Skills Lab|
|---||Geopolitics & The World Economic System|
|---||Business Systems & Procedures|
|---||Computer Tools Lab|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Introduction to Digital Marketing & e-Commerce||Managing for Sustainability Dissertation|
|Search Engine Marketing||Sales and Distribution Management|
|Email Marketing Social Media Marketing –I||Social Media Marketing –II|
|Digital Branding||Mobile Marketing|
|Content Marketing||Web Analytics|
|Strategic Management||Affiliate Marketing|
|Enterprise Performance Management||Online Reputation Management|
|Start-up and New Venture Management||Brand Planning|
|Summer Internship Project||Consumer Insights|
MBA Digital Marketing Electives
The following electives can be chosen by the MBA Digital Marketing students during their course of study.
- Management Fundamentals
- Business Communications Lab
- MS Excel & Advanced Excel Lab
- Selling & Negotiation Skills Lab
- Business, Government & Society
- Foreign Language –I Lab
- Enterprise Analysis – Desk Research
MBA Digital Marketing Job Prospects and Career Options
- With the increase in the online presence of customers, Digital marketing is becoming more prevalent in India.
- Due to the ongoing market scenario, business firms are hiring Digital Marketers to make a niche for themselves in the market.
Some of the top professional positions open to such graduates are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Market Research Analyst||Market Research Analyst gathers data and helps a firm market its products and determine competition.||INR 3,51,000|
|Public Relations Manager||A PR Manager coordinates public relation activities and helps in developing a media relations strategy.||INR 4,84,000|
|Sales Manager||A Sales Manager leads a team of salespeople by setting quotas, adjusting performances and developing strategies to multiply sales||INR 9,97,000|
|Brand Manager||A Brand Manager ensures that the products or services delivered by the brand resonate with its target customers.||INR 9,14,000|
|Advertising Manager||An Advertisement Manager educates clients on the latest products and leads the team that devises advertisement campaigns.||INR 5,00,000|
MBA Digital Marketing Future Scope
After completing MBA Digital Marketing, the candidates will have many higher studies options as well. The following can help enhance your vocation trajectory and also expand your earning potential.
- PhD Business Management : The curriculum aims to offer scholars the skills required to investigate various issues in their area of study. It is a research-based doctoral course.
- Doctor Of Business (DBA): The curriculum is aimed at providing knowledge to aspiring researchers in the field or the professor in universities. DBA experts could keep working in their business and teach as guest teachers in the universities.
- ISB Certificate Programme in Business Analytics (CBA): The curriculum is to provide the skill sets necessary for students to analyze previous business performance to make future business planning.
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA): This certification is offered by the institute of internal auditors (IIA). The certification helps students to become a commissioned adviser to the audit committee and handle management.
- Certificate in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM): The APICS CPIM (Certified in Production and Inventory Management) is also an internationally distinguished certification. It implements an out-and-out knowledge of the production strategy and inventory management of a company in the global operations.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) : Project Management Institute (PMI) is a non-profit organization in the field of project management. PMP certification is globally acknowledged. Employers hire on grounds of the employees' commitment to the project management fields.
MBA Digital Marketing FAQs
Ques. Is digital marketing useful for an MBA?
Ques. Should I do an MBA Digital Marketing or a short course in digital marketing?
Ans. Though a digital marketing course is shorter than an MBA Digital Marketing, it is advisable to go the later one because the former one just touches the basics and the MBA module will be more beneficial for your career.
Ques. Is a post-graduate diploma in digital marketing a good choice after graduation?
Ques. What is the scope for an MBA fresher in digital marketing who has no experience in digital marketing?
Ans. If you are informed of evolving social media trends, are tech-savvy and can think of good ideas to advertise a brand, you are ready, companies are likely to consider hiring you after the completion of the course.
Ques. What is the salary for an MBA graduate who completed a course in digital marketing in Hyderabad?
Ans. Salaries vary widely from 5 LPA to 20 LPA depending on which company you join, your skills, and your experience level.
Ques. Is it possible to earn 25-30 LPA by pursuing a career after completing MBA digital marketing?
Ans. The salary amount depends on which company you join, your skills, and your experience level. Experienced MBA’s are likely to earn 25-30 LPA.
Ques. Is an MBA worth the money?
Ans. If you are interested in studying the subject it is definitely worth the time as it is an emerging market and has lucrative job opportunities.
Ques. Is an MBA Digital Marketing after engineering a good option?
Ans. Every stream has a scope and once you enter the professional world, you will have to build success on your own and your MBA discipline will not be a major factor in that success. Having said that, you should listen to your heart and go for the course if it interests you.
Ques. After completing BTech in Computer Science and Engineering, will an MBA Digital Marketing be better for me?
Ans. It depends on your goals if you think that Digital Marketing interests and you want to make it your profession then you should go for it even after dedicating 4 years to engineering.
Ques. Which field is best in digital marketing?
Ans. Content Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, and Social Media Expert are some of the common departments.
Ques. What kind of practical experience will I get in this Course?
Ans. Creating campaigns, live SEO audit, creating Social Media Strategies, working on various tools and assignments based on practical work.
Ques. Is MBA Digital Marketing the best course in the industry?
Ans. The best course depends on your preferences but if you are interested to pursue MBA Digital Marketing, you should do it because it offers good job offers after completion of the course.